EMT 938 in Delhi

hey dr.bass! howz the verdier doing? need a review soon!

No TTs as yet sir:sad:. Dont you think if I had a TT I would have been dancing around this section with new questions every day ?

Yeah, he's mostly lying low and pops up once in rare while. The Singapore air?

No JLS, I am active but nowadays I see myself spending lot more time on this forum: The Global Audiophile
That forum has a lot of serious discussions going on, which is above the typical debates of "Which speakers ?" or "X vs Y amp" etc. It is only the "Phono/Turntables" section of HFV that I really see worth visiting these days.

I called the EMT guy, he's quite sweet and has a huge collection of LPs. Also has other turntables, open reel take decks (including a priceless NAGRA IV-L), etc. His EMT offer is very tempting, however after a lot of discussion with my wife (WAF is key here at that price point), I've decided to let it pass and continue with my Technics SL3200 for now.

By the way, I was also in touch with Mr. Jeetendra from Mumbai for a Garrard 301. The one he had on him was sold but he's promised to get another one complete with Plinth and 2 SME arms, shortly. His asking price is 80K. Looks like I'll have to let that pass as well :(

Damn it for now (thanks to my house construction) but I will definitely buy myself an EMT in the future!!

Btw, most of the EMTs used by All India Radio were supplied by MELTRON. A lot of the NAGRA open reel portables used by the Indian Film Industry were also imported and supplied by MELTRON

Last edited:
jeetendra had called me also, for the garrard 301 with 2 tone arms for 80k,and he said it was in working condition owned by a parsee,but the price i found to be too high,there are many companies abroad selling these restored TT,s at very competitive prices

looks like there are quite a few of us out there on the look out for EMTs and Garrard 301s/401s which is fuelling these mega buck prices :)

looks like there are quite a few of us out there on the look out for EMTs and Garrard 301s/401s which is fuelling these mega buck prices :)

We are all the late comers,as the demand and sale of TT,s has come on the
net now only,after sometime when everything stabilises than we can guage the market

Last edited:
honestly, i sincerely wonder from where these guys are sourcing these turntables...did we Indians actually have so many of them around, back in the day?

I spoke to him. He (the second 938 seller) says he has 450 turntables. Beat that.

Apparently there's a gentleman in Pune who also has turntables running into the hundreds. I can find his contacts if you wanna go on a turntable pilgrimage :)

Also, I have heard of a gentleman in Andheri E who has a sizable collection.

I have also come across a member from Mumbai on vinylengine whose collection is about 20.

Goes to show there's no dearth of nut cases (I consider myself only a very mild case).

Bro. has great sense of aesthetics too. check out the little rock garden at spool tape and garrard TT. :thumbsup:

Truly awesome. A real, dedicated mancave. Great aesthetics too. I am sure the ladies are not allowed to step in;)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back