EMT 938 in Delhi

Hi Joshua,

Is the same person selling both sets of SL1200's????

Have you contacted him for more details?

Nope, I didn't contact the sellers. Those were from a quick search of quickr. I think 1200s are fairly easily available in the used market as they keep popping up in quickr and olx from various corners of the country.

A refusbished SL1200 if sourced carefully in the United States can be picked up at around $300 while a semi new one could be up for grabs upwards of $800. Its better to buy and hand carry to India.

>>>

Awaiting (anxiously of course) the news that the shipment is ready to ship! Hope it will happen asap.

Regards

I ended up picking this baby up :D

My first Idler/Lenco and i'm loving it so far! In retrospect I feel kind of bad dropping big bucks on the Rega P3-24, but it is also no slouch! I think they both have their benefits. The rega is quite detailed, but to be honest I would feel listener fatigue after a couple hours of listening. Not so with the Lenco. It's very musical, and the bass just "slams" for lack of a better word.

It's in great shape too. It's only day one with the L70, hopefully it holds up for many musical years to come :D

Lovely looking table Tek !! Looks pretty clean. How much did you end up paying for it? Itd be great if you shared some sound impressions of the table with some classic rock records !!

Cheers and happy listening of the new TT.
Kartick

Excellent. Quick work. Congratulations. It seemed a very well maintained machine going by the photos in the quickr ad.

Congrats tek! If you really want to hear it's true potential, re-do the plinth, change the tone arm, put a better cart... Ask for jls' (Joshua) help. If I were in Mumbai, I'd guide you... But jls is just as good! Once done it'd beat tables costing $10k!

Congrats tek! If you really want to hear it's true potential, re-do the plinth, change the tone arm, put a better cart... Ask for jls' (Joshua) help. If I were in Mumbai, I'd guide you... But jls is just as good! Once done it'd beat tables costing $10k!

+1 what Manav says.Congratulations :cheers:

Regards,
Sachin

Thanks guys. I think i'm going to keep it stock for now. It's in superb condition. Here are some pics. I am currently using the HTMC Phono stage by Sachu and Omishra and using AUX into my Sansui AU 222 .. I probably need to find a better amp for this TT. I guess that's next on the list :D

Thanks guys. I think i'm going to keep it stock for now. It's in superb condition. Here are some pics. I am currently using the HTMC Phono stage by Sachu and Omishra and using AUX into my Sansui AU 222 .. I probably need to find a better amp for this TT. I guess that's next on the list :D

Looks great Tek:thumbsup:You will find tons of info here http://www.lencoheaven.net/
Sachin

Congrats tek. That looks to be in very fine shape.

As suggested by Manav, a CLD plinth in marine plywood will take it to a much higher level. That's because of the nature of idler drives with powerful motors. The vibration of the motor needs draining away. And the easiest and cheapest easiest way to do that is to give it as heavy a plinth as possible.

And the stock arm on the 70, though adequate for casual listening, is rather mediocre, and something like an RB 301, together with the CLD would raise it to the level of the 301s, 401s, 124s of the world.

Back