• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

End of the format war for next-generation DVDs?

Subscibe to HiFiMART Newsletter

SPONSORED ADS

cyrus

Yes, finally and I thought we would have to wait for a few more years.

I hope to see the B-Ray players flooding the Indian markets soon!!

smedhavi

Sony India website says that there is a buy 2 get 1 free sale for Blu-Ray going on in Croma and Sony World outlets. I am not sure how much stock they have, but this may be an indication that the prices are about to fall.

Thanks,
Sharad

Jagat

I hope they fall to or below the Rs.10,000.00 levels. I would be ready for one too. But hey what about the software/movies?? We cannot get them here in India as yet!

smedhavi

The buy 2 get 1 free offer is for the Blu-Ray disk, not the players :)
English movies are officially available on Blu-Ray disks imported by Sony. Saregama is planning to import some too.
The first Hindi movie ("Heyy Babyy") is expected on Blu-Ray any time now. Eros is expected to release 500 titiles soon. I hope others would follow suite.

Blu-ray.com - Om Shanti Om the Latest Bollywood Film to Blu-ray (Updated)
India unperturbed by Blu-Ray, HD DVD war : NAACHGAANA

We should have more Blu-Ray players in the market by the end of this year.

thanks,
Sharad

vkiran

Yeehaa, I did read the market right and picked up a panasonic Blue ray player for a shocking US $399. Its a BD 1.1 profile player and has 1080p DVD upscaling. Its the BD30K (Blu-ray.com - Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-ray Player).

Currently I am getting movies from the US (ordering off amamzon, and picking it up from the office, when I have a way of getting it over here). The only gothca is that this is a region A player. But Im pleasantly surprised that most disks are currently region free. Landmark does have some BD disks, most of them region free.

I researched a long while and looks like it worked out the way I predicted.

regards

SPONSORED ADS