Energy Take Classic 5.1 or Energy RC Micro or Q Acoustics 1010i

naren2512

Hi Friends,

I was intially thinking of buying Onkyo Avr + Bose Acoustimass 10 but happened to come accross this site and one of the expert here guided me about a few brands available for lesser price with good quality ( namely Energy and QA)

Please can you comment on which one may be better in your view from these three HT systems ( Energy Take 5.1 or Energy RC Micro or Q Acoustics 1010i)

The cost of RC Micro is almost double the cost of Energy Take Classic 5.1 in the US does the quality of RC Micro justify that much of a price differential?

Also I am trying to buy from US as that would be comparatively cheaper than India, can some one tell me if any site sells Q Acoustics in the US? ( I tried to google but dint find one)

Thanks for your time and reply.

Regards,
Narender Sachdev

Energy wins my vote for the price and quality . :thumbsup: And pairs well with Onkyo...

Energy Take Classic 5.1 is no longer available. Look for RC Micro 5.1 instead. If any of the Reliance shop claiming to have it, then it might be 1 yr old demo piece.

Thanks guys for your answers, QA is out of question at the moment as it cant be nought in the US, I auditioned Energy RC-Micro, definitely value for money but not the best. May be i need to audition it again as i dint carry my own DVDs and not sure if the store's DVDs were of good quality.

I also listened to Mirgae MX 5.1 and it was decent may be better than Energy but not sure as the DVDs could have been the culprit. However I read on one of the site that Mirage Nano sat 5.1 is better than MX 5.1.

Have you guyes auditioned Mirage Nano Sat 5.1 ? if yes which one do you think is better Nano Sat 5.1 or ENergy RC-Micro ?

I am leaning more towards Energy becuse I have only read good things about it, but please let me know what you think of these two.

Regards,
Narender Sachdev

Paradigm Cinema 90CT will cost more than double ( approx 1050$) than what I am may get Energy RC Micro for ( 500$ ). Are they so much better interms of performance when compared with Energy ? Have you auditions these both ?

correction the price for "Paradigm Cinema 90 CT 5.1 " is about 700 $ i mixed up with "Paradigm Cinema 110 CT 5.1 " so the price difference when compared to Energy is 200$. Is the quality that superior than that of Energy RC-Micro ?

Guess I must audtion them this week end then, when i am going to re-audtition Energy. Whats your view on JAmo 606 ?

You can't compare a floor stander to compacts. These small HT setups are good only for music - they deliver reasonably well as far as dialogue in movies is concerned and in good systems, the sub integrates well to cover the bottom end. They are terrible for music.

The s606 is a so so floorstander - will do fine in movies and will be ok for music. Buy a compact HT system only if you have a separate system for music. Do not mix and match.

reignofchaos - Thanks for your reply and for your help. I am going to re-audtion Energy on week end I will check out the Pradigm C 90 as well and then decide. Do you know what is the approx price of Paradigm and which store can i go to audition Paradigm? Also my room size is about 22*10*9 do you think Cinema C90 would be suffice or i should look at C 110?

reignofchaos - Thanks for your reply and for your help. I am going to re-audtion Energy on week end I will check out the Pradigm C 90 as well and then decide. Do you know what is the approx price of Paradigm and which store can i go to audition Paradigm? Also my room size is about 22*10*9 do you think Cinema C90 would be suffice or i should look at C 110?

Go for 110CT. You can check @ Viola store mumbai...

reignofchaos - thanks for letting me know that Jamo 606 is a floor stander. I actually goofed up on the model number I guess. My friend suggested to audition the Jamo 5.0 system that he liked at some store in banglore ( and he liked it more than QA 1010i - i think he may not have liked QA much because it wasnt setup properly in the demo room, the TV was not connected so that may have led him Jamo to be better than QA) so i just tough i will ask you guys on your view about Jamo 5.0 HTS i think its called some 400 series dont know exact model number.

reignofchaos - thanks for letting me know that Jamo 606 is a floor stander. I actually goofed up on the model number I guess. My friend suggested to audition the Jamo 5.0 system that he liked at some store in banglore ( and he liked it more than QA 1010i - i think he may not have liked QA much because it wasnt setup properly in the demo room, the TV was not connected so that may have led him Jamo to be better than QA) so i just tough i will ask you guys on your view about Jamo 5.0 HTS i think its called some 400 series dont know exact model number.

Most of the Jamo series 5.1 systems come with Floorstanding speakers in the fronts unless you chose to select individual bookshelf. I think your friend was talking about S406 series which is mostly in display all stores.. It can not even come close to Paradigm Cinema package in performance... Try audition diff brands .. You will see the difference....

After trying out 7 brands I ended up with Paradigm 110 CT ;)

kittu1977 - Thanks for sharing your knowledge / experiance.
For my understanding could you tell me
(1) which 7 Brands did you try and did those include Energy as well?
(2)and did you buy it from Viola Mumbai and at what price?
(3)also could you tell me which AVR are you using them with and what is your room size.

reignofchaos - Could you also tell me what is yoru room size and which AVR you are using with Paradigm Cinema CT 90 and the price you bouth them for.

Thank you guys ( i need to decide for my system by the week end :) )

Naren,

I have tried energy,polk,wharf,q-acoustics,mirage and jamo brands before I finalized on Paradigm 110CT. I purchased it from a local bangalore dealer. My room size is 16X10 . AVR is Onkyo 608..

HTH
Kittu

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back