Epson 8350 Or Mitsubishi HC 4000

You will absolutely love the 3D on it. Its very bright, vivid and punchy in 3D. Better than any commercial theaters. I bought the 3010, did not had much expectations given the price. But that projector offers a LOT for $1500 and 3D is just awesome.

I have seen lots of hassle with playing 3D on the HTPC. Please rethink if you can on HTPC. Its not for the faint hearted. Also, you will spend considerable amount of time and energy on making it silent and take care of the heat.
I use a Panasonic 3D player (costs about $120) and a Media Player (costs about $90). Between these two, I think it will meet all your needs and pretty much makes HTPC not needed. Its way easier for families too.

You will absolutely love the 3D on it. Its very bright, vivid and punchy in 3D. Better than any commercial theaters. I bought the 3010, did not had much expectations given the price. But that projector offers a LOT for $1500 and 3D is just awesome.

I have seen lots of hassle with playing 3D on the HTPC. Please rethink if you can on HTPC. Its not for the faint hearted. Also, you will spend considerable amount of time and energy on making it silent and take care of the heat.
I use a Panasonic 3D player (costs about $120) and a Media Player (costs about $90). Between these two, I think it will meet all your needs and pretty much makes HTPC not needed. Its way easier for families too.

Manoj: I know that playing 3D on HTPC is not very easy. Fortunately one of my friends is an expert in this field and is helping me build my HTPC.

The components are:
1. AMD A8-3850 APU Quad-Core Processor
2. Gigabyte A75M-UD2H AMD Socket FM1 for AMD Llano CPU, HDMI, Dual Graphic Micro ATX Motherboard
3. G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
4. Western Digital Caviar Green 2 TB Hard Drive
5. ASUS Black 12x Blu-ray Drive SATA Model
6. Case and Power Supply yet to be decided (Most probably SilverStone HTPC case)

Based on a lot of reviews and going through a lot of forums we have found that this configuration supports full HD 3D.

Thanks for the input.Epson EH-TW3600 in India which is same as the Epson8350 is costing approximately 1.15 lac in our country.I believe TW5900 which is not get underway so far will cost around INR 2 Lac. Epson 3010 is costing around $1349 in Amazon US and landing price tag in India is INR 88000 inclusive duty and shipping.

Srry for the late reply but was busy for the last few days... I no traditionally most projectors have been overpriced in india(just like all electronics) so I too was shocked by the price quoted by the news website... As it turns out the website's was a bit wrong... The MRP of the Epson TW6000(which is the same as 5010 & a much better projector than the 3010) is 1.1 Lacs... This has been confirmed to me by Mr Nigum Shah(not 100% sure of his surname) from the epson office in Mumbai... I even have a SMS from him confirming they have stock available in their Chennai warehouse... He told me if I required it he could have it shipped from there & delivered to me in 10 days... Also they are providing 2 years warranty on the projector & 500hours/6months warranty on the lamp... So again I would like to request you to enquire them yourself regarding this projector... Not only will you get better projector in the same pricerange but also you will get Epson india warranty... Also if you buy through a dealer , the dealer can give you a good discount on the projector & you final cost could be less than 1 lac(maybe even less than 90-95k)... Well finally it is your call but I feel if you dnt have anyone carrying it from the US for you then your best option would be to buy from epson india... The 2nd best option is to buy the TW5900(same as 3010) from Amazon.de for 72K(which is farless than the estimate you got for the 3010)... Buying from amazon US & getting it shipped to india is by far the worst option...

PS if you want Mr Nigum Shah's personal mobile number you can PM me or you can call up epson's mumbai number listed on their website & ask to talk to him... Seemed like a very nice person to deal with & he called me back 2 times regarding the info I needed... Also this is a bit of my personal policy but I feel if epson India is giving us a good projector @ a very decent price(with warranty I might add) we should support them by buying from them... This way if they get good sales more future products will be launched in India @ competitive rates which will serve us all well in the long run... Just a personal opinion... Also other companies might also start copying them & also start launching products at competitive rates...

1.1 lacs for Epson 5010 is way good than buying from US. Its currently selling around $2700 after discounts. 1.1 lacs is cheaper than that and you get local warranty plus no hassle of carrying.
Well done, Rajdeep.

Srry for the late reply but was busy for the last few days... I no traditionally most projectors have been overpriced in india(just like all electronics) so I too was shocked by the price quoted by the news website... As it turns out the website's was a bit wrong... The MRP of the Epson TW6000(which is the same as 5010 & a much better projector than the 3010) is 1.1 Lacs...

1.1 lakhs for 5010 is a very good price! I would have gone for it if I did not already have got the 3010 already!

Srry for the late reply but was busy for the last few days... I no traditionally most projectors have been overpriced in india(just like all electronics) so I too was shocked by the price quoted by the news website... As it turns out the website's was a bit wrong... The MRP of the Epson TW6000(which is the same as 5010 & a much better projector than the 3010) is 1.1 Lacs... This has been confirmed to me by Mr Nigum Shah(not 100% sure of his surname) from the epson office in Mumbai... I even have a SMS from him confirming they have stock available in their Chennai warehouse... He told me if I required it he could have it shipped from there & delivered to me in 10 days... Also they are providing 2 years warranty on the projector & 500hours/6months warranty on the lamp... So again I would like to request you to enquire them yourself regarding this projector... Not only will you get better projector in the same pricerange but also you will get Epson india warranty... Also if you buy through a dealer , the dealer can give you a good discount on the projector & you final cost could be less than 1 lac(maybe even less than 90-95k)... Well finally it is your call but I feel if you dnt have anyone carrying it from the US for you then your best option would be to buy from epson india... The 2nd best option is to buy the TW5900(same as 3010) from Amazon.de for 72K(which is farless than the estimate you got for the 3010)... Buying from amazon US & getting it shipped to india is by far the worst option...

PS if you want Mr Nigum Shah's personal mobile number you can PM me or you can call up epson's mumbai number listed on their website & ask to talk to him... Seemed like a very nice person to deal with & he called me back 2 times regarding the info I needed... Also this is a bit of my personal policy but I feel if epson India is giving us a good projector @ a very decent price(with warranty I might add) we should support them by buying from them... This way if they get good sales more future products will be launched in India @ competitive rates which will serve us all well in the long run... Just a personal opinion... Also other companies might also start copying them & also start launching products at competitive rates...
Thanks Rajdeep. Astonishing information. a moment ago I verify Epson India web site and both these projectors are not listed so far. I will appreciate if you PM me Phone number of Mr.Nigam. One more time thank you very much for the effort you put together to reveal this hidden detail.

Epson India

@rajdeep: Thanks Rajdeep. Astonishing information. a moment ago I verify Epson India web site and both these projectors are not listed so far. I will appreciate if you PM me Phone number of Mr.Nigam. One more time thank you very much for the effort you put together to reveal this hidden detail.

@rajdeep: There are three class I found out involving Asia-Pacific and Europe-US region:

1- Epson EH-TW9000 Asia-Pacific same as Epson 5010 for US-Europe
2- Epson EH-TW6000 Asia-Pacific same as Epson 3010 for US-Europe
3- Epson EH-TW5900 Asia-Pacific same as Epson 3010 for US-Europe

Epson EH-TW6000 (Epson 3010) price please visit this URL Epson EH-TW6000 - Projector ??? - ???? - ????? Price.com.hk
Its equivalent to INR1.28Lac

@rajdeep: There are three class I found out involving Asia-Pacific and Europe-US region:

Epson EH-TW6000 (Epson 3010) price please visit this URL Epson EH-TW6000 - Projector ??? - ???? - ????? Price.com.hk

1.1 lacs for Epson 5010 is way good than buying from US. Its currently selling around $2700 after discounts. 1.1 lacs is cheaper than that and you get local warranty plus no hassle of carrying.
Well done, Rajdeep.

ZZZ Actually as soon as you posted the US price of 5010 something smelled fishy to me...Once again it feels like I have put my foot in my mouth... I had read on some online review on some blog that TW5900 is same as 3010 in the US & TW6000 was similar 5010... Now that I have compared all these models by opening amazon.de & amazon.com side by side, it turns out that actually TW6000 is actually same as 3010 in the US & TW5900 is actually a bit lower than 3010 in configuration... My deepest apologies for misleading you all in above statements... I have tried to list the different configurations below so that others are not misled like myself....

TW3600/ 8350 Contrast 50000:1 2000 Lumens
TW5900/No US model Contrast 20000:1 2000 Lumens
TW6000/ 3010 Contrast 40000:1 2200 Lumens
TW9000/ 5010 Contrast 200000:1 2400 Lumens

Although this might be true I still stand by my statement that we should buy the TW6000 from India instead of the US... The thing is many dealers will be able to sell these projectors at a discounted rate to us & expecting a product for a discounted price of 15-20% on its MRP is not a lot to expect... So If we are able to get a price quote of less than a 1 lac it would still be better than buying the US & shipping it to India considering the warranty & such that we are getting on it... Who knows maybe we can organize a group buy if we can get a outrageous price quote like less than Rs 85000.... There is one more thing I have been thinking about... If they have kept the MRP of TW6000(which is 3010) at Rs 1.1Lacs then what must be the MRP of the TW3600(which is 8350 int he US)... Surely just by applying basic logics its MRP should be less than 80K... Anyway just something to ponder on for future buyers...

Dang, And here I thought Epson is breaking the mold of "High prices" in India and paving the way. Oh Well.

Anyways, the Epson 3010 is MRP at 1599 in US, sells most of the time at 1499. That is approx Rs 75k at current conversion rate. I would spend 25k more and buy local if its available. You get a lot more - better warranty, can return/exchange locally if any problem comes, no hassle of bringing from US and no customs issues. The two year warranty is too hard to pass up for saving some money. Well pointed out and I think it is still a good deal.

Anyway, to add more about 3010 - It has very good brightness and punchy picture. But where it matters most is in 3D. This Epson retains most of the brightness in 3D mode as well, and believe me, we all do need that brightness in 3D. First of all, we get half the light output because one eye is turned off half the time. Moreover, the glasses can't transmit all the light. But this projector won't have any problem lighting up 130" screen 3D. At its pricepoint, it does offer a LOT and I would recommend to anyone looking for new projector, even if that person is not looking for 3D. It comes with two pairs of glasses, so there is not additional money you are spending on those and can turn on the 3D whenever you want. Its just the bonus.

Last edited:

Actually while you were posting this reply I was already in the process of comparing diff models on amazon.com & amazon.de ... Also as I have posted in my earlier reply tw5900 is not the same as 3010 ... It's a bit lower... Anyway the point still remain that if you can buy the tw6000 for less than 1lac here in India itself it makes no sense to import it from the us... The only way it would make sense to import is that you get it at at lest 40% lower price than India ie around 60k... My personal rule is my import price should be less than half of the international price for me to import... And pls don't quote it's price in hongkong... I am talking about its price in India which should be below 1lac...

I got my projector from the US from a friend. I would definitely buy my next one in India if the price difference is not too much, as it is a hassle for anyone to hand carry - that's the only way you can save on customs and shipping.

Actually while you were posting this reply I was already in the process of comparing diff models on amazon.com & amazon.de ... Also as I have posted in my earlier reply tw5900 is not the same as 3010 ... It's a bit lower... Anyway the point still remain that if you can buy the tw6000 for less than 1lac here in India itself it makes no sense to import it from the us... The only way it would make sense to import is that you get it at at lest 40% lower price than India ie around 60k... My personal rule is my import price should be less than half of the international price for me to import... And pls don't quote it's price in hongkong... I am talking about its price in India which should be below 1lac...
: This afternoon I got the quote from Epson India, its 1.05 L(without Glasses) and another 13 thousand for a pair of Glass! so its 1.18L. almost 28 thousand price difference. do you think 28K premium is worth for one year Epson India warranty ?

Last edited:
Epson

One of our forum member was told by Epson/Mumbai that they will not honor warranty or support if projector is bought from abroad.

In other words if one buys from Epson/Mumbai then they will honor the warranty/support.

Maybe you can check at your end and see what Epson says on this crucial factor.

V.

Have heard good things about warranty and support from epson in India - that would be something to consider if you are buying it from US and getting it back to India.

: This afternoon I got the quote from Epson India, its 1.05 L(without Glasses) and another 13 thousand for a pair of Glass! so its 1.18L. almost 28 thousand price difference. do you think 28K premium is worth for one year Epson India warranty ?

Hmm I am pretty sure that there are 2 3D glasses included in the tw6000 box... I will confirm once again & get back to you on this point... Also i think epson offers 2 years warranty not 1 year...Anyway ur main question was is paying a 15-25% premium for Indian warranty & peace of mind??? According to me absolutely... I always try to consider the worst case scenario before making a decision... Consider this... You order it from amazon & get it shipped via borderlinx... What if the projector is doa??? You have to pay the return shipping charge & also might have to pay import duty on it once the replacement arrives... Now if you buy it from epson India than if anything goes wrong with the projector for the next 2 years they will fix or replace it... Also even after ur warranty period is over they will continue to provide you with paid service... We can't be sure of this if you get your projector from the US... What if there are some internal differences between the 3010 & the TW6000... You might not able to find spare parts for it... Pls note this is the worst case scenario but it does happen from time to time...

Btw pls do post who you spoke to in the Mumbai epson office(if that's where you called)... I'll also chk up on weather 2 3D glasses are included in the price or not... Also I think a epson dealer might be able to give you a better price/deal than epson India... But if I am able to negotiate a decent price would you approve of me negotiating on ur behalf??? Do get back to be on this front...

Hmm I am pretty sure that there are 2 3D glasses included in the tw6000 box... I will confirm once again & get back to you on this point... Also i think epson offers 2 years warranty not 1 year...Anyway ur main question was is paying a 15-25% premium for Indian warranty & peace of mind??? According to me absolutely... I always try to consider the worst case scenario before making a decision... Consider this... You order it from amazon & get it shipped via borderlinx... What if the projector is doa??? You have to pay the return shipping charge & also might have to pay import duty on it once the replacement arrives... Now if you buy it from epson India than if anything goes wrong with the projector for the next 2 years they will fix or replace it... Also even after ur warranty period is over they will continue to provide you with paid service... We can't be sure of this if you get your projector from the US... What if there are some internal differences between the 3010 & the TW6000... You might not able to find spare parts for it... Pls note this is the worst case scenario but it does happen from time to time...

Btw pls do post who you spoke to in the Mumbai epson office(if that's where you called)... I'll also chk up on weather 2 3D glasses are included in the price or not... Also I think a epson dealer might be able to give you a better price/deal than epson India... But if I am able to negotiate a decent price would you approve of me negotiating on ur behalf??? Do get back to be on this front...
Thanks Rajdeep. I was almost place order to buy it from Amazon but following reading your post I have resolute to hold back my order.

Last edited:
Raman Bhai I got ur PM... Pls remove ur personal details from the open forum... I will contact you in a few days with what I can come up with... I seriously hope online retailers like flipkart & letsbuy start stocking projectors... That way we can get projectors shipped to smaller towns at decent prices... Oh well...

Raman Bhai I got ur PM... Pls remove ur personal details from the open forum... I will contact you in a few days with what I can come up with... I seriously hope online retailers like flipkart & letsbuy start stocking projectors... That way we can get projectors shipped to smaller towns at decent prices... Oh well...
sending you TW6000 supplied accessories Picture

Attachments

• Picture 21.jpg
    Picture 21.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 108
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back