Experiences with Flipkart.com

Subcenter2009

Dear friends,
I just wanted to share my wonderful experiences with the huge database of this online store. While studying the site, wondering about their reliability, I was happy to notice that Flipkart has a cash on delivery scheme upto Rs.50,000. Free courier from Rs. 200/= onwards. Less than Rs. 200, Rs. 30 as courier charges. I logged in using my Gmail account. I wanted to know about their stock position and so I typed "Madhav Chari" scornfully in their music section. It showed that, to my surprise, "Parisian Thoroughfares" was available!! This is a rarest of the rare CD and features India's best 'Jazz' Pianist Madhav Chari in his element. It is really worth listening to! I have searched long for this CD. And I am elated to finally lay my hands on it. It came neatly wrapped in Bubblewrap. I know for a fact that Landmark and Musicworld never used to have it in stock in spite of repeated sourcing requests. The CD was delivered to me in 4 days with free shipping and cost me Rs. 295/= only. Which is the MRP. There are others with discount offers.. Even queries like "Alan Parsons project" and "Bonnie Tyler" and "Stevie Nicks" generated long lists of available/Non available items. This is proof of the hugeness of the inventory list as far as CDs and DVDs are concerned. I also ordered an electric toothbrush from OralB worth Rs. 395/=.This reached me the next day afternoon. The best part about this store is the Cash-On-Delivery facility of upto Rs. 50,000/= max, which we pay to the Flipcart Courier guy itself when he comes to deliver the ordered items. There is a tracking program in the site that shows you the shipping status of your order.. I am happy with it.. Looking forward to placing further orders.. Hope this was useful reading and hope Flipkart.com continues the good work!:yahoo::cheers:
Forum Members are welcome to share your good/bad experiences with Flipkart.com. Thanks for reading this..
Subcenter2009.

Last edited:
I have spent over Rs.42,000 at Flipkart!

Actually just over twenty items, but one was a phone and one was a printer, which raised the average price somewhat.

We have had good experiences with every item. Just today, I had a couple of Noctua computer case fans delivered. Items which I failed to find on my last trip to Singapore --- and now Flipkart stocks them.

We had one bad experience, which was a gift to my wife. As it was a gift, we decided to sort it out ourselves, rather than going back to the giver and getting the details to take up with Flipkart. We are now stuck in the middle of a warranty claim in that item. Flipkart would probably have sorted it.

(I just realised this is a new thread. Don't we already have a Flipkart thread?)

Last edited:
One can keep quoting their excellent services ,and flipkart does deserve every page of it.
I order on an average 5 to 7 items in a month ,and they ate also stocked with some excellent stationery ( Rubberband brand note books), now they have wrist watches, belts etc as new items to offer.not to forget the mp3 download section.cheers to flipkart?Now waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S3 to come for per order on flipkart

Last edited:
I will like to thank Flipkart because I got the Gorgio Moroder Cd 'From here to eternity' from them which is a all time favourite of mine. Had the lp then the cassette and now the cd. Thanks a ton to flipkart.:yahoo:

Their Customer support is excellent by Indian standards but they still have to go a long way (you have to call them repeatedly and tell your problem afresh each day).

There were reports of them being let down by their couriers.

Last Novemember, I was asked by some UK friends to order a birthday-present book to be delivered to their son who was volunteering at a forest NGO near Pondy. Despite explicit address, and phone numbers, the local courier just couldn't/wouldn't go there, and the guy was not able to pick up from their depot.

After several phone calls and emails, I had decided to write this off and forget it, with a hope for an eventual refund. I was surprised to get a phone call from Flipkart themselves a couple of weeks later saying that the book had been returned, and they were sending it out again by a different courier. It arrived :)

I'd say that Flipkart handled it as well as they could, considering that a third part courier was involved.

Flipkart seem to be taking the delivery stage into their own hands: These days, it is not a guy from Blue Dart or whatever that arrives at my gate, it is a guy whose shirt says Flipkart.

I have to say that. My experience with a credit card purchase was very good. Books arrived well packed and in good time. I agree with Thad ... A lot of these home delivery problems are where the courier companies slip up.

Which is why Flipkart itself is shipping if you live in any of the major cities.. they'll have better control and also they can cut costs.

How are you sure that having employed staff for delivery can help in cutting costs? In business dynamics, it actually increases the overhead. It can only improve reliability but at a higher cost. Outsourcing makes sense in logistics if cost is a concern..

Price : Lowest
Stock : Excellent, Rare items which i could find locally i found it at flipkart
Packaging : Good
Delivery time : Quickest

I was surprised one day when the delivery guy was carrying a wireless credit card swipe machine. I actually made him swipe my card to convince myself that it works.

Lately i have seen that their website has become very slow. Sometimes stops responding.

The only other ecomm website that can kill flipkart is Amazon.com which may come soon, i am sure they FK knows this and have been increasing their stocks in full speed. Perfumes, Diaries, Bags etc have been added recently.

Flipkart is like a boon to me. I buy a lot of CDs and books from them. Only once they sent somebody else's book by mistake. When I called them, they apologized and delivered my ordered book within next two days. I fact, for my office library, I ordered more than 1 lakh rupee books from them in one shot. They gave some special discounts on it over and above what is mentioned in the website.

Their mobile prices are not always the cheapest. You can expect few hundred rupees reduction in local shops.

Recently I have downloaded lot of 320 kbps mp3 files from flipkart. Quite happy with the quality.

I too am quite happy with prompt delivery, good packing and the ease and comfort of purchase. I bought some CDs for two instances.
Infact, once they could not deliver one of the CD in time. They delivered it some days later, without any additional charge for delivery.
I have ordered 3rd set yesterday :).

For me, getting Bengali CD in Baroda has become quite easy.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back