Extension Cord and Suggestion

I'm trying to set up following things, 1 plasma+1 receiver+1 woofer+1 bluray player+1 DTH+1 ps3 so basically i need atleast 5 3pin plug but unfortunately i have only 1 dedicated 3 pin plug, so will extention cord with 5-6 3 pin help or it will have trouble running everything drawing power from 1 plug?? or do i have to call electrician and set up 5 connections. I'm don't have much knowledge in electric and all so this n00b question.

Thanks

I'm trying to set up following things, 1 plasma+1 receiver+1 woofer+1 bluray player+1 DTH+1 ps3 so basically i need atleast 5 3pin plug but unfortunately i have only 1 dedicated 3 pin plug, so will extention cord with 5-6 3 pin help or it will have trouble running everything drawing power from 1 plug?? or do i have to call electrician and set up 5 connections. I'm don't have much knowledge in electric and all so this n00b question.

Thanks

Better option would be to call the electrican to setup a parallel connection from that single 3pin. In case you want to use extension cord it would be better to use one with spike guard/surge protector. The high quality one would cost around Rs.2000/- for a 6 way pin (Belkin surge protector is good if you don't mind the cost).

Thanks

Get a Belkin Gold Series Surge protector. Not only will it fulfill your primary requirement for additional plug points but it will also protect your expensive AV gear from surge. The company offers a lifetime warranty as well as a 1 lakh insurance damage coverage, in case any electrical equipment connected to the strip gets fried due to a surge.

eBay India: Belkin F9G826vzb3M Gold Series 8-Socket Surge Protector (item 170607475219 end time 25-Mar-2011 20:57:19 IST)

there will of course be terms and conditions..... the company has to protect itself too against frivolous claims. But in genuine cases, if you follow the procedure then a big name like Belkin should make good on their assurance

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back