extreme value for money hifi products

maniac_2004

Hi All,
would like to know your best value for money hifi products with prices that you have encountered ( no comparison/match in the price class ), hence offering immense "bang for the buck" . Need not be any specific price ranges or you have bought and also problem free.

Mine are -

Wharfadale 9.2 BS - 11k - no match imo at this price point
Oppo BDP 83 (40k ??)- best blue ray player at this price point .
Oppo BDP 83 se (60k ??)- best blue ray+ stereo player combo at this price point .
Topping tp2020 mk2 - 3.3k - dunno if an amp can go lower than this.
Yaqin cd2 6j1 tube buffer - 5.7 k - cheapest way to enjoy "tube" sound.

would have added the optoma (30k) projector to this but ended up spending the same amount repairing it !

Regards

Last edited:
History? Or specifically current products? Either could make a good thread, thought the latter is the most practical.

prefer current ones .. what are ur picks btw ?
Almost all my stuff was hapily-found bargains, ex-demo deals at 30%, and even 50% off --- that's how I came to have a Cyrus amplifier at half price :)

Apart from that, I'd nominate my now late Mission NFX 2.1 computer speakers, which were being cleared out at under 50 (about 4,000) and which sounded great for the price. Unfortunately they only lasted six or seven years.

people many times do NOT care for for quality software it seems.
So person spend 50 K on system and listen 128 KBPS MP3 or worst still worldspace on it..

So extreame value for money is CD sal;e where I got some good cd's for 33% retail price!

may be ur praising oppo too much. at that price point, if audio is our concern we may also check sony bdp s1e.i personally auditioned it and extremly satisfied with its audio capabilities.this is my personnel openion.

Nominated oppo since colours are stunning ,detailing very good .. sound is really good .. and hasnt given me any problems(hence vfm for me) . Anyway its personal preference so feel free to flame on ...

NAD 320BEE...the epitome of VFX amps...
Also CA Azur CDP/amps
Viren's Lyrita tube amps/speakers
Project Denut III for budget vinyl lover (like me)
no personal experience but Nationite PMPs are supposed to be super VFM products...
MX cables

now that I'm thinking about it...seems like speakers are the components where one struggles with VFM...

It would be my computer speakers, Logitech X210 (2.1) with 2 year warranty for less than Rs 1600. I have connected it to my laptop and the sounds are very clear and it's quite powerful too. I must mention that my usage is 100% TV shows and movies, and it would not be a good choice for music. All my other stuff was, expensive and with much less vfm.

OP you are giving too much weight age for Oppo, agreed its the best BRp out there but, extreme VFM!! .. no way ..... considering an end user viewing on a consumer level LCD, how much difference he can make between a BR playing on Oppo and say Sony BRp (the 10K one) or Pana BD 60/80 for that matter ......

Anyway I will add WD TV as well for a product that is seriously too good for its price ...

Out of all my purchases I found the PS3 to be one of the best VFM product. I mean I've not enjoyed anything else more than I enjoyed the PS3. For 19k I got a great gaming product and it introduced me the world of Blu-rays. And add the stunning DVD upscalling ability along with MediaServer integration(although I would prefer the Xtreamer than PS3 for playing all types of files). Life was never better.
Other VFM Hi-Fi component will be MX cables, thanks making good quality cables for affordable price.

friends like you guys and the free advice here
is my entry on this thread
COST = free!

Can my Microtech 2KVA Online UPS quality for AV VFMs :D ,.... sure its not AV but its essential for the survival of A/V ......... and with the way its been handeling the overloads, fluctuations, changeovers ........ for 20K I think I can safely say it THE VFM online UPS out there ......:)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back