• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

F&D R60BT or Edifier 1280t

anfranmz

Hi guys,

I have a very strict budget for an active speaker set and I have shortlisted F&D R60BT and Edifier 1280 T. The first one has 120 W RMS while the second one has 42 W RMS. What should I choose ?

Thanks,
Anfran

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

sree0320

Go through this link which may help you out

anfranmz

Thanks Sree...
I already went through that link while I searched for edifier brands... This speaker set has 66 W RMS only and is 4k costlier than my budget. I am looking for a strong bass what my budget can offer. I already have a different AV receiver + speaker set and the active speaker set is for my kids room...
Thanks,
Anfran

tuff

Hi guys,

I have a very strict budget for an active speaker set and I have shortlisted F&D R60BT and Edifier 1280 T. The first one has 120 W RMS while the second one has 42 W RMS. What should I choose ?

Thanks,
Anfran
I wonder why wattage matters when it comes to active speakers? The amp built-in is already matched to the drivers. More wattage does not translate to better sound. If your intention is to play loud then you may consider how big the room it is going to play in. For near field desktop, 10 watt speakers can be loud enough. Now if you want bass heavy speakers, get the one that has the biggest driver. You may also want to check 2.1 systems, it's surprising how good they sound given the price.

tusharshukla1991

If you want bass you must go for 2.1 setup. I had Edifier 1280t and I can tell you they are very clear and accurate speakers but they lack in bass department especially for movies
One of my friend is having swans m50 and they are very good and bass is awesome. You can also check out logitech z623.

sree0320

Hi there!
Initially you may be craving for bass. But the rest is matter in fact (at the entry level). 1280 bt are decent in the bass department if you place them properly. These small speakers shines with enough distance between them as well as from the side and rear walls. I made my friend to understand the importance of vocals, mids and highs. Now he is very much happier.
It is well known that m50s are good but bass overtakes rest.
Have patience. Do your research and slightly rise the budget. And you are good to go with any active speakers with subwoofer out.

Prashob

Hi there!
Initially you may be craving for bass. But the rest is matter in fact (at the entry level). 1280 bt are decent in the bass department if you place them properly. These small speakers shines with enough distance between them as well as from the side and rear walls. I made my friend to understand the importance of vocals, mids and highs. Now he is very much happier.
It is well known that m50s are good but bass overtakes rest.
Have patience. Do your research and slightly rise the budget. And you are good to go with any active speakers with subwoofer out.
Yes, 1280bt is very sensitive to positioning, I have one, when placed close to the rear wall there was no bass at all it needs some space behind it. And I get even better bass when placed two feet above ear level, weird!!

SPONSORED ADS