FALD Tv price/quote thread

Rtings review of X90H mentions that the eARC is enabled with the latest firmware update.
Ok yes my bad eARC was also added in the update that enabled 4k120hz but still no VRR (Eagerly waiting for this) and ALLM (Don't care much for this though)

But wondering why update is not available yet in India or are India TVs already factory updated (doubt that) ?

It is not updated in India.. The US specs of X90H are different, so maybe India one will roll out a bit later.

Hey guys,
I've been lurking around here for a bit now. I want to buy my parents a television (55 inches) and my budget would be around 60k approx. I have been seriously considering the Toshiba U79, however I can't find stores in Chennai that have display pieces. (If someone here does know where I can find one, that'd be really helpful). It's also not in stock at RD, Flipkart or Amazon in Chennai. This has got me a bit worried about the long term serviceability of the television.

Do you guys have any inputs on other options? I am now wondering if they'd even appreciate the difference between a FALD and edge lit television. Since they have a working samsung 32 inch Full HD LED , it's not really urgent, so do you think it's a good idea to wait and see if more FALD televisions will trickle down to this price range ?

Hey guys,
I've been lurking around here for a bit now. I want to buy my parents a television (55 inches) and my budget would be around 60k approx. I have been seriously considering the Toshiba U79, however I can't find stores in Chennai that have display pieces. (If someone here does know where I can find one, that'd be really helpful). It's also not in stock at RD, Flipkart or Amazon in Chennai. This has got me a bit worried about the long term serviceability of the television.

Do you guys have any inputs on other options? I am now wondering if they'd even appreciate the difference between a FALD and edge lit television. Since they have a working samsung 32 inch Full HD LED , it's not really urgent, so do you think it's a good idea to wait and see if more FALD televisions will trickle down to this price range ?
Were you able to find any place that has the TV in stock? even without display pieces?

Were you able to find any place that has the TV in stock? even without display pieces?
Nope.
Funny thing is that the television is available via Amazon and Flipkart in Kerala. My parents will be moving there soon and I am considering waiting till then to make the purchase. Hopefully we'll have more choices in a couple of months.

Nope.
Funny thing is that the television is available via Amazon and Flipkart in Kerala. My parents will be moving there soon and I am considering waiting till then to make the purchase. Hopefully we'll have more choices in a couple of months.
yes! and it's available through one channel or the other in Hyderabad and Bangalore as well. Somehow Chennai seems to be a bit of a Bermuda Triangle for this model. Let's hope that situation changes. My ancient (2012 vintage Samsung LED) TV is on its very last legs and this seems like the best possible upgrade.

I talked to sony center guy few days back about the availability of x95g 65". It was then oos. He told me to contact after 20Aug for the availability of new stocks. He also gave the hint about an increase in price. let's see.
Hi,
I have bought 65" x90h a few weeks back in Delhi. I was given to understand from the shop that 95g (2019 model - g) is no longer on shelf. Maybe Sony would be launching it later. Wrt 90h and 95g, the processor is X1 ultimate in 95g as against X1 4k hdr in 90h. However, a very careful and lengthy showroom trial convinced me that 65" 90h better than 95h (55"), even with the bigger screen size in terms of resolution. IMHO 65 of 90h is better.

Hi,
I have bought 65" x90h a few weeks back in Delhi. I was given to understand from the shop that 95g (2019 model - g) is no longer on shelf. Maybe Sony would be launching it later. Wrt 90h and 95g, the processor is X1 ultimate in 95g as against X1 4k hdr in 90h. However, a very careful and lengthy showroom trial convinced me that 65" 90h better than 95h (55"), even with the bigger screen size in terms of resolution. IMHO 65 of 90h is better.
Clarification - what is not avaliable is 65 version of 95g. 55 version is available and on sale. With diwali benefits it was 40k lower than 65 of 90h.

Clarification - what is not avaliable is 65 version of 95g. 55 version is available and on sale. With diwali benefits it was 40k lower than 65 of 90h.
65" 95g got sold out during Diwali sale. Only one piece was available in Croma in Kolkata. It went for 1.49 lakhs with some home automation freebie worth 25k. (Not sure of the offer if it was worth it. It is a FALD with great PQ and so got sold out. But since older versions don't come into production line, waiting for 65" 95h is the only option left.

I was trying to find some more info about this model. But there's no clarity if this is DLED display that has FALD.
Yeah i also looked everywhere and they only talk about the QLED aspect. I assume if it had FALD they would have made it a point to mention.

I'm still looking around for the Toshiba, but also the fact that in Chennai they seem to only have two service centres (one in Tambaram and one in Aynavaram), plus their call centre people sounding utterly clueless, is actually giving me second thoughts about the long term ownership experience with Toshiba.

If anyone hears of any dealer in Chennai that has the 65U7980, please do mention here! Thank you very much.

I was trying to find some more info about this model. But there's no clarity if this is DLED display that has FALD.
As far as I know, Xiaomi had FALD only in 82 inch sets launched in china. This 5 pro models r launched in china last year without FALD. Also, they didn't even mentioned peak brightness, it just has hdr10+ certification and NTSC 108%, but both these r just useless. And regarding that qled part, they will be like TCL indian qled models. They don't have FALD with 1000 plus brightness in china itself.

They just look beautiful, that's it! They r actually launching those because motorola, nokia, toshiba etc.. have launched even better models. But these 5 pro models have better processor and 4gb ram+ 64 gb internal memory and some patchwall stupid updates..

Seems it will support "HDMI 2.1 with eARC". No more details have been mentioned. Might be worth keeping an eye on. Will be revealed on December 16th apparently

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back