Fear Inoculum

sandeepmohan

I guess I went in with high expectations which was wrong to do. As a long time follower of the band, my first pass of the album on You Tube Music was a "meh" reaction. Nothing ground breaking. Perhaps I should not have looked at it that way. Post which, I have started to listen to the album a couple more times and have now started to appreciate it more. I guess my senses looked for instant gratification and Tool is probably not going to accommodate that.

The highlight track for me, and I am sure for many, is 7empest.

Keen to hear your views on this new album release after 13 long years.

Incredible album! I was sceptical before the release, but was just short of being blown away on the first listen :)
Its an intense, expansive, musical soundscape...just gets better on subsequent listens. Well worth the "10,000 days" wait!

I agree with @Weathered here... Arguably their best release till date, the musicianship is just breathtaking. In all prior albums I always felt the guitar couldn't keep up with Danny's drums and Mynard's vocals but this time it is other way around. Adam's riffs are on a different level in this album still maintaining familiar sound. And the production is top notch too - traditionally Tool's weak point.

@sandeepmohan as you rightly stated, any Tool album doesn't blow you away initially but it grows on you everytime you listen to it - to the point where you can't listen to anything else. Only Pt Nikhil Banerjee's Sitar can better a tool Album :) And yes, it is definitely worth the 13 year wait!

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back