Poor high frequency response as it lacks tweeters in front and rear channels
No equalizer
Bass boost capacity is low
Huge
Remote sensitivity is low
No NTFS support for USB/SD Card
Poor customer service

Tweaks
Add tweeter (Limit the volume then, otherwise it may burn the amp)
Equalize MP3s before copying to SD/USB

Experience

It gave me my third bad experience from flipkart.com and I returned the product

I ordered this item from flipkart.com and it came in two days.
I set up the things at home. Checked different modes.

General
It can give deep and powerful bass but it does not have capability to boost bass.
High frequency response is low as it doesn't have tweeters in front speakers and rear speakers(What look like tweeters are only dummies)
It has no eqalizer support so you need to equalize at the source, which would not be possible in case of SD/USB input, FM and connection from normal Dolby decoder

Auxilary input mode:
Checked with different test mp3 files I had.
Low frequency response was impressive. It gives deep bass from 20 Hz itself.
If keeping in the promode(virtual surround from stereo input)
the mids are also powerful as it has two speakers in the middle and a tweeter( I assume).

FM
Working well if you keep the antenna high.

SD/USB
It plays the songs well and it has memory to play the songs from last position.
Shuffle option is not available.
Sounds nice in Pro-mode (virtual surround)
Music plays well in mids, but lack of bass boosting capability and poor performance of high frequency will be a problem in this mode

5.1 Surround mode
The voice channel were clear and front and rear speakers were working well. Since there is separate volume control you can increase the sound in rear or center as you like.
But I faced an unfortunate issue here. The woofer output was too low! Like whispering... in this mode.

I mailed to Fenda customer care. I got a call from service centre in Bangalore. They asked me if I can bring it to service centre. I told it is so heavy and it is manufacturing defect, so please sent a service person to my home. They told they will send in two days. I waited for one week, nobody appeared!.
Then I called Flipkart.com and requested for replacement.
After two days they replied that it is not possible to replace as it is out of stock now.
It was so disappointing...

Then the option left was return the product and get the money back.
I have returned the product today and waiting for my money back....

Nice review, all this while I was thinking that those small round grills on top of the front and rear speakers were for tweeters. I guess in a last minute decision to cut costs they must have left out the tweeters after designing the speakers :D

It is strange that only in 5.1 mode you did not get good output from the sub. While checking the 5.1 surround mode what content did you play to check the subwoofer's output?

Hi
Sorry to hear about your experience.
Did Flipkart agree to refund upon returning the product?
I always thought that was not possible.

The fenda website says the "best speakers in India".
It says they have got 10 million + customers worldwide.

I checked Dolby Channel check sound track and some other test tracks. Some movies too

Nice review, all this while I was thinking that those small round grills on top of the front and rear speakers were for tweeters. I guess in a last minute decision to cut costs they must have left out the tweeters after designing the speakers :D

It is strange that only in 5.1 mode you did not get good output from the sub. While checking the 5.1 surround mode what content did you play to check the subwoofer's output?

There are different refund policies for different vendors in Flipkart. This one was from WS retail, they will refund or replace.

Hi
Sorry to hear about your experience.
Did Flipkart agree to refund upon returning the product?
I always thought that was not possible.

The fenda website says the "best speakers in India".
It says they have got 10 million + customers worldwide.

Right,I checked Dolby Channel check sound track and some other test tracks. Some movies too
9.gif

@Ashokc
Thanks for the great review.

Can u or anyone confirm if the other variant on this model F&D F6000 (without the U for USB/MMC) has got tweeters? There is clearly stated on F&D website that f6000 has tweeters but f6000U does not. Thanks

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back