FH3 [ Frugal Horn 3 ]

They are looking very nice :licklips:
Is it some kind of carpet that you have used for the inside walls and also what kind of sheet you have pasted on the outer finish.

Thanks

Thanks looking forward for some more pictures...

Is Mica laminates the same that has recently come up on sale on your online site "Vinyl laminates"?

Any suggestions on drivers and builds for a fullrange bookshelf? I've come across the miniFonkens and microFonkens which look interesting

I was very interested in the Fonken designs as well. Loved the fact that they are inspired by the vintage Onkens, and also the way the cabinet and the ports are constructed. Even bought Fostex FX120 drivers for a Fonken build but it never materialized and later sold them off.

Have also loved Mark Audio drivers. Very well engineered, and I think under-utilized for what they are capable of.

Just to confirm, you meant single driver full range bookshelf, right?

I was very interested in the Fonken designs as well. Loved the fact that they are inspired by the vintage Onkens, and also the way the cabinet and the ports are constructed. Even bought Fostex FX120 drivers for a Fonken build but it never materialized and later sold them off.

Have also loved Mark Audio drivers. Very well engineered, and I think under-utilized for what they are capable of.

Just to confirm, you meant single driver full range bookshelf, right?
Yes, single driver full range bookshelf. captrajesh pointed out the omega drivers earlier in this post that look very interesting as well but their bookshelf designs seem to be on the larger side. Much prefer the look of the microfonkens

Yes, single driver full range bookshelf. captrajesh pointed out the omega drivers earlier in this post that look very interesting as well but their bookshelf designs seem to be on the larger side. Much prefer the look of the microfonkens

I do think the mark audio drivers will go lower than most other options. But I only say this based on the specs. I think there are fonken designs for them too.

Bibin/Bijin, is that wool felt expensive? When i asked a dealer here some time ago, I remember he quoted an obscene amount

That's inexpensive! How thick is it? Bijin - is this what you paid too?

Felt's are of diff type.

Natural sheep's wool, organic material, synthetic etc...
It also has dependency on how the wool fibers are selected, blended, tailored and the felt thickness too.

The felt which i have is 8mm mainly wool.

<deleted a snarky question which in hindsight was potentially offensive.>

Last edited:
Felt's are of diff type.

Natural sheep's wool, organic material, synthetic etc...
It also has dependency on how the wool fibers are selected, blended, tailored and the felt thickness too.

The felt which i have is 8mm mainly wool.

A minor correction: the thickness is 12mm.

Thanks,
Bibin

Good job Bibin/Bijin :thumbsup:
Looks very well made. Looking forward for badri's review
:)

Looking forward to seeing & reading about the set-up of Badri as well.
Hope he has some equally interesting electronics to be paired with the Frugal Horns

:)

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back