FH3 [ Frugal Horn 3 ]

How does it sounds compared to yours another creations like the zig zag one with 10" woofer?

:thumbsup::cheers:
Buddy! no words.
We want review in details.

Mishra ji,

I just listened for few minutes 1-2 songs.

The very first thing we gonna notice is its damn good mid-range purity. That is really voluptuous!

Bass is very very decent from that cute little driver.
Good sound-stage, really feel there isn't any speaker in-front of us.

It has decent loudness (93dB/W meter) to enrich almost any domestic space.

More details Bibin will shoot since i haven't listened much as i mentioned above.

Since this enclosure can go good with few other drivers, we will get option to choose the driver according to our personal taste with a little modification in the cabinet side (driver cut and damping).

But one thing, this is great worth the effort and a real VFM Loudspeaker.

Last edited:
:thumbsup::cheers:
Buddy! no words.
We want review in details.

Hi Omishra,

Thank you.....

It sounds fabulous....The mid and highs are just awesome.....good clarity, detailed, responsive and fast. I need to do more experiment with its placement to figure out the right positions. It is really hard to believe how such a small driver sounds like that (Of-course the magic is with the cabinet).

Bijin has already mentioned other things. A good match with my F5. I will shoot a video and post it.

One more thing, WAF is very high :lol::lol::lol:. I personally experienced this, also got similar comment from CaptRajesh.

Thanks,
Bibin

Bibin/Bijin,

Fabulous as always! Yes, do agree that this has very high WAF.

How do they sound paired with the Jean-Hiagras? Any other amplifier that you are using them with? The fostexes are known to be a little shouty in certain frequencies. Did you experience this in any way? Some people use the 'Enable' treatment to handle this 'shoutiness'

Once again.....contratulations, and great going!

Best,
APK

Great work!! Lovely looking speakers!!

Now comes the placement, for these space demanding horns.
Anything decided / tried?? How close these can go to the walls??

Great Job as always Bro!
The design in very elegant - almost 'fine art' and executed very beautifully.
Good design with balanced use of straight lines, curves and slope. The single driver's simplicity adds to the design and look and feel :)

Time to sit back and enjoy some music!
:cheers:

You guys Rock!

Bibin/Bijin,

Fabulous as always! Yes, do agree that this has very high WAF.

How do they sound paired with the Jean-Hiagras? Any other amplifier that you are using them with? The fostexes are known to be a little shouty in certain frequencies. Did you experience this in any way? Some people use the 'Enable' treatment to handle this 'shoutiness'

Once again.....contratulations, and great going!

Best,
APK

Thank you....

Not yet with Le-Monstre and any other amp.

I didn't experienced anything like that...

:thumbsup: Bibin/Bijin,

One of the best builds shown on this forum :clapping:
Hope you guys continue to set the bar higher
:)

Bibin/Bijin

Looking at the interest shown on this build by the FM and the way it has turned out awesome finish I am sure there will be many interested in getting this as a kit or complete build from your site. I think once the FMs get together and give reviews (hope they give some nice positive reviews) you should be rocking to the bank :eek:hyeah:

Please include me also in your "aattam"(game, in Tamil) CaptRajesh! :D
Sure but where is the 'Sutradhari' (Producer) We are just 'Patradharis' (Actors) I'm referring to badrisuper who has got these made.
Since this enclosure can go good with few other drivers, we will get option to choose the driver according to our personal taste with a little modification in the cabinet side (driver cut and damping).;)

You mean the box volume would remain the same? Would it not change too according to the TS Parameters of the driver?

Sure but where is the 'Sutradhari' (Producer) We are just 'Patradharis' (Actors) I'm referring to badrisuper who has got these made.

You mean the box volume would remain the same? Would it not change too according to the TS Parameters of the driver?

Yes Captain, it has the same volume with different set of drivers and as per this official site of the build plans only the internal stuffing varies based on the drivers used.

Here is the list of other possible drivers:

Mark Audio Alpair 7, CHP70 & EL70, CHR70
Fostex FE108eS, FE126e, 126En, FE127e, FF125wk
Tangband W5-1611, W4-1879.

Thanks,
Bibin

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back