FiiO Ear Phone Volume Booster/Power Amplifier ?

Hi to all,

Anyone used this FiiO Ear Phone Volume Booster/Power Amplifier ?

This is listed in ebay eBay India: FiiO E5 3.5mm Earphone Volume Booster Power Amplifier (item 280517055876 end time 05-Jul-2010 22:59:56 IST)

Any user details of this product will be usefull for our Forum members.

Thanks in Advance.

the ebay seller is taking you for a ride. It is priced well cheaper. In fact I got a beat brainwavz + fio e5 shiped last June from mp4nation for ~ 45 USD ~ 2100 INR - since then tried it with betas, pl30, pl20, re0 and NE6. In fact try techenclave or lynx chandigarh - they offer the e5 around 800-900 INR IMHO. Buy it and thank me later :)

Coming to the amplifier its decent for the money and drives earphones pretty well - non-existent hiss and decent soundstage. Comes with its own bass boost button, does not colour the signal in any way and is in one word a VFM purchase. Maybe expect a 5-0% improvement in the current setup you might have but 5-10% for 900 INR is pretty much worth it for the price you pay.

Some reviews are posted for ref:
FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier Review - MP3 Reviews - TrustedReviews
techPowerUp :: FiiO E3 & E5 Portable Headphone Amplifier Review :: Page 1 / 3
[Pictorial + Impression] FiiO E5 *Sample vs. Final Product* - Head-Fi.org Community
Review: Fiio E5 Headphone Amplifier - 2:48AM

Last edited:
Thanks suprateep and esanthosh for the comments.

Its for the use in my Nokia 5230 mobile and Creative Zen Ipod. The head phones are Senheiser, Philips SHE9621 and Nokia WH-701 models.

Thanks suprateep and esanthosh for the comments.

Its for the use in my Nokia 5230 mobile and Creative Zen Ipod. The head phones are Senheiser, Philips SHE9621 and Nokia WH-701 models.

I would say the source could be better:)
The Philips is :rolleyes:
No comments on the Nokia :indifferent14:

Use a Sansa Clip/Fuze w/o Rockbox for 2k + Fiio E5 for 1k + Re0/1 - have a blast.

Desideep, nice to see here!
OP, you can get it from dealers on TE(some of them are also on ebay) or from mp4nation(got mine from there).

the ebay seller is taking you for a ride. It is priced well cheaper. In fact I got a beat brainwavz + fio e5 shiped last June from mp4nation for ~ 45 USD ~ 2100 INR - since then tried it with betas, pl30, pl20, re0 and NE6. In fact try techenclave or lynx chandigarh - they offer the e5 around 800-900 INR IMHO. Buy it and thank me later :)

Coming to the amplifier its decent for the money and drives earphones pretty well - non-existent hiss and decent soundstage. Comes with its own bass boost button, does not colour the signal in any way and is in one word a VFM purchase. Maybe expect a 5-0% improvement in the current setup you might have but 5-10% for 900 INR is pretty much worth it for the price you pay.

Some reviews are posted for ref:
FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier Review - MP3 Reviews - TrustedReviews
techPowerUp :: FiiO E3 & E5 Portable Headphone Amplifier Review :: Page 1 / 3
[Pictorial + Impression] FiiO E5 *Sample vs. Final Product* - Head-Fi.org Community
Review: Fiio E5 Headphone Amplifier - 2:48AM

I could see an NE6 in your IEM list. How is it when used with Fiio E3 (Does it require an amp?). Also does it come with the line-out / line-in cable? Yesterday i had placed an order for Nuforce NE-6 + Fiio E3 and waiting for the delivery. Can I have your review comments on the combo?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back