Finally a Dedicated Media Room

I am afraid C9 is still available, at least in Bangalore, C9 is no longer offered, but CX series. Check with your local dealers on availability.

ok should check, else will go for sony.

Sounds like a plan. I would probably go with BS speakers identical to Front for the Surround channels and mount them in a Stand (1 feet over Ear level at 90 degrees to Ear) rather than placing them in the Wall. This creates a more emerging sound envelope with Auddesy calibration.

Sounds like a plan. I would probably go with BS speakers identical to Front for the Surround channels and mount them in a Stand (1 feet over Ear level at 90 degrees to Ear) rather than placing them in the Wall. This creates a more emerging sound envelope with Auddesy calibration.
I am not a fan of Bookshelf as surround, a surround speaker should look like surround speaker.

I am not a fan of Bookshelf as surround, a surround speaker should look like surround speaker.

;) - No Problem. Just make sure you place them at 90 degrees to Ear and feet or two over the Ear level for an emerging experience. Also, the Front Speakers (Tweeter) should be at the EAR level.

Since its a dedicated HT room . you may look for projector. The experience of watching movies with > 120" with big screen will be exciting ..!
Will a 65" or 75" TV screen give a projector equivalent experience if itis mounted flush on the wall without any protrusions?

Will a 65" or 75" TV screen give a projector equivalent experience if itis mounted flush on the wall without any protrusions?
Still not, Actually projector image can go up to 150 inch to 180 inch depends on brands and models. Keeping at 120 " will give more dynamic contrast image , going above may loose contrast little bit , but still it will look good.

You have flexibility from projector to have maximum viewing size depends on your room dimensions. Where as TV Not. Also Good 4k projectors will cost closure to 75" led TV. If its a living room TV is best to have. Since its a dedicated HT room having projector will give you better experience than TV.

Only downside with projector is it has lifetime for its lamp. After that you need to replace lamp. But now a days projectors coming up with very long lifetime , so you need to replace lamps only after say 3-4 years depends on your usage.

Where as in led TV this is not the problem.

Srikanth -- Half of your goal is achieved when you get a dedicated HT room which itself is a challenge to many.

1. Coming to your room setup, Looks good. That window is a bummer but that can be sorted out with good Blackout curtain or sealed solutions.
2. Apart from that, Your carpet on floor should be the last preference but anyway not a big issue apart from daily cleaning as the work progresses.
3. Coming on TV vs Projector, As the FMs say... I would also love to put a projector there. Yes a proper 4K projector is very expensive but still achievable compared to the 77" or 85" OLED or QLED or Nano LED TVs.
C9 77" is atleast 6L compared to 2L 65", 3 times the cost and yes the image quality is best bar none except the new Panasonic 2000 series OLED but viewing on a projector on a dark room >120" is something else that cannot be compared.
4. In a dedicated HT setup, I always prefer the Floor Standing speakers compared to bookshelfs but its just me. Probably my reason would be they gel very nicely to a good sub or the dual subs.
5. Isolating Acoustic Tiles on ceiling is a must.

Whom are you contacting in Hyd for all acoustic solutions ? And all the very best!! I know the feeling of having a dedicated HT setup. I used to have in Hyd but due to job location change its a long way for me in Bangalore. Probably 1.5 yrs.

Cheers :)

Srikanth -- Half of your goal is achieved when you get a dedicated HT room which itself is a challenge to many.

1. Coming to your room setup, Looks good. That window is a bummer but that can be sorted out with good Blackout curtain or sealed solutions.
2. Apart from that, Your carpet on floor should be the last preference but anyway not a big issue apart from daily cleaning as the work progresses.
3. Coming on TV vs Projector, As the FMs say... I would also love to put a projector there. Yes a proper 4K projector is very expensive but still achievable compared to the 77" or 85" OLED or QLED or Nano LED TVs.
C9 77" is atleast 6L compared to 2L 65", 3 times the cost and yes the image quality is best bar none except the new Panasonic 2000 series OLED but viewing on a projector on a dark room >120" is something else that cannot be compared.
4. In a dedicated HT setup, I always prefer the Floor Standing speakers compared to bookshelfs but its just me. Probably my reason would be they gel very nicely to a good sub or the dual subs.
5. Isolating Acoustic Tiles on ceiling is a must.

Whom are you contacting in Hyd for all acoustic solutions ? And all the very best!! I know the feeling of having a dedicated HT setup. I used to have in Hyd but due to job location change its a long way for me in Bangalore. Probably 1.5 yrs.

Cheers :)
1. Yes I will close the window from wall to wall edge with thick black curtain.

2. Ya carpet should have done last, but anyway that is not a blocker as of now, because TV cabinet will be made in another room, and Split AC will be fitted to wall, so when drilling the hole for AC I will keep newspaper down to avoid dust to fall on carpet.

3.Yes projector is nice, but it is way out of budget to start with that’s why sticking to TV as of now. But still OLED is best for movie watching. As I have mentioned earlier in my previous comments in this thread why I can’t go for projector though.

4.floorstanding I may take in future when upgrading. But before that I will go with two subwoofers (one sub as of now).
5. Acoustic I am not planning now, after setting up the complete AV equipment, will look into that.

AV equipment from USK home theaters. Purchased carpet from BharathAcoustics .

Thanks for nice suggestions

1. Yes I will close the window from wall to wall edge with thick black curtain.

2. Ya carpet should have done last, but anyway that is not a blocker as of now, because TV cabinet will be made in another room, and Split AC will be fitted to wall, so when drilling the hole for AC I will keep newspaper down to avoid dust to fall on carpet.

3.Yes projector is nice, but it is way out of budget to start with that’s why sticking to TV as of now. But still OLED is best for movie watching. As I have mentioned earlier in my previous comments in this thread why I can’t go for projector though.

4.floorstanding I may take in future when upgrading. But before that I will go with two subwoofers (one sub as of now).
5. Acoustic I am not planning now, after setting up the complete AV equipment, will look into that.

AV equipment from USK home theaters. Purchased carpet from BharathAcoustics .

Thanks for nice suggestions
What TV are you looking to purchase?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back