Finally bought Mission M 34i Floorstanders

Ahh I can imagine that kind of job. Got out of the "global" hell 2 years back. In a different kind now ;)

how about

1. husband working in IT software sales - handling a global top notch life sciences company
2. working 24/7
3. slave of the comp and telephone
4. housewife who quit her job
5. 7 month baby who drives both mad..........thats mah life:p

Oh i wish i had gotten into an automobile company for god's sake.

PS: We should start a thread comparing careers that we are into presently to our dream jobs and industry.:clapping:

Hi All

I think I'll go mad 2day in office as m unable to concentrate on my work properly...:yahoo:
again thanks a lot to all for helping me in chosing a pair of wonderful speakers.
regards

Hi,
I get that state of mind each time i embark upon a new project

Congrats. a fantastic pair of speakers and the best price in India. that will be my first choice if and when i buy a floorstander. seems that Robert from Vijay sales is going to get promoted :eek:hyeah:

which AVR are you using?

once your speakers burn in , try this(i do it daily).
once everyone one at home is asleep( that is 12:30 at night for me), , put off all the lights, put off fan /AC (no need if you are using split A/C)and all other noisy gadgets like refridgerator and listen to the system. with Zero background noise, the SQ zooms up. i get a kick while listening to some songs and feel a state of trance. with some songs like "Ya rabba by kailash kher, Hero by E iglesias, fusion by Abhijeet Pohankar really take me to a different world altogether(many times i have to come back to the earth for some time as my ICU registrar has bad habbit of ringing me up unneccessarily at night :mad:).

do try this and let me know if you get that kick.I am sure you will.:)

...put off all the lights, put off fan /AC (no need if you are using split A/C)and all other noisy gadgets like refridgerator and listen to the system. with Zero background noise, the SQ zooms up. i get a kick while listening to some songs and feel a state of trance...

When I do this (sometimes, even if it is hot), my wife thinks I am going insane to incurable levels. Once she complained to my father about my AV habits and since then I have to....rest not to be said, can be easily derived.

Yeah..I think I'll surely get kicked out of the house....:lol:

anyways my AVR is Onkyo HTS 340R,comes as a part of HTS 600 HTiB

Hi,
I get that state of mind each time i embark upon a new project

Congrats. a fantastic pair of speakers and the best price in India. that will be my first choice if and when i buy a floorstander. seems that Robert from Vijay sales is going to get promoted :eek:hyeah:

which AVR are you using?

once your speakers burn in , try this(i do it daily).
once everyone one at home is asleep( that is 12:30 at night for me), , put off all the lights, put off fan /AC (no need if you are using split A/C)and all other noisy gadgets like refridgerator and listen to the system. with Zero background noise, the SQ zooms up. i get a kick while listening to some songs and feel a state of trance. with some songs like "Ya rabba by kailash kher, Hero by E iglesias, fusion by Abhijeet Pohankar really take me to a different world altogether(many times i have to come back to the earth for some time as my ICU registrar has bad habbit of ringing me up unneccessarily at night :mad:).

do try this and let me know if you get that kick.I am sure you will.:)

Hi All

There are 2 pairs of speaker wire connectors at the back of the mission m 34i,one is black in color and the other is red.One black and one red has LF mentioned against them and the other black and red has HF written against them.
Kindly let me know what does LF & HF stand for ? I think Low Freq and High Freq !!! If that's so which combination shud I connect my speakers cables to?
Your guidance & sugesstions required.
BTW I have not been able to properly listen 2 my setup as my son's exams are in progress.:sad:
regards

Yes, indeed, LF means 'low frequency' and HF means 'high frequency'.

So, inside a speaker is a small electronic circuit called a crossover, which separates the different sound frequencies (low bass and high treble) and routes these to the correct driver (i.e, a big 8" bass driver gets the lower frequencies while the little 1" tweeter just gets the high frequencies it can actually generate).

So, according to your taste you can connect the wires either at the top for HF or below for LF, just experiment it. I tried, and i found the HF post to be good, the LF produced some kind of increment in bass.

You should do something like this.

Attachments

• 3618410585_4e085b0b3d.jpg
    3618410585_4e085b0b3d.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Hi Ash,

Yes, you are right. They are indeed High & Low Frequency.
I assume there would be a connection between the red connectors and the black connectors. This is for you to use 1 single amp/reciever.

The actual functionality can be put to use when you really want to do a BI-AMP, i.e., using two separate amps one for the low frequency division and the other for the high frequency. You would have to remove the connectors in between though. This can also be used to Bi-Wire i.e., to have two speaker wires start from your amp's terminals.

Hi All

There are 2 pairs of speaker wire connectors at the back of the mission m 34i,one is black in color and the other is red.One black and one red has LF mentioned against them and the other black and red has HF written against them.
Kindly let me know what does LF & HF stand for ? I think Low Freq and High Freq !!! If that's so which combination shud I connect my speakers cables to?
BTW I have not been able to properly listen 2 my setup as my son's exams are in progress.:sad:
regards

Yes, It is Hi Freq & Low Freq. Separate connections are necessary only when ur amp has two sets of o/p for both Hi & Low freq OR when u r using two diff amps for both freq. Otherwise u short both of them with supplied link, and connect them to speaker posts of ur Amp. If u connect them to only one of them, only connected driver will be active and u will loose on SQ.

Hi All

regards

You can also try bi-wiring if you amp does not support bi-amping
How To Bi-Wire Home Audio Loudspeakers | How To Do Things.com

Thanks vinod
Pls tell me in the pic u've attached the black connector is connected to the negative terminal and red to the positive one.And you have connected these to the HF terminals!! right ??

Yes, indeed, LF means 'low frequency' and HF means 'high frequency'.

So, inside a speaker is a small electronic circuit called a crossover, which separates the different sound frequencies (low bass and high treble) and routes these to the correct driver (i.e, a big 8" bass driver gets the lower frequencies while the little 1" tweeter just gets the high frequencies it can actually generate).

So, according to your taste you can connect the wires either at the top for HF or below for LF, just experiment it. I tried, and i found the HF post to be good, the LF produced some kind of increment in bass.

You should do something like this.

Yes, It is Hi Freq & Low Freq. Separate connections are necessary only when ur amp has two sets of o/p for both Hi & Low freq OR when u r using two diff amps for both freq. Otherwise u short both of them with supplied link, and connect them to speaker posts of ur Amp. If u connect them to only one of them, only connected driver will be active and u will loose on SQ.

Thanks for the info yogesh.Both the black are shorted to each other with a metal clip and similarly both the reds are shorted to each other.so mean to say i can connect to any of the terminals , whether they are HF or LF will not matter!!

Thanks vinod
Pls tell me in the pic u've attached the black connector is connected to the negative terminal and red to the positive one.And you have connected these to the HF terminals!! right ??

Hi Ash:

Yes, indeed, you're absolutely right.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back