Finally bought Mission M 34i Floorstanders

ash147

Hi All

Today I feel am on top of the world and most xicited to share with you my happiness. :yahoo:It's you all who are responsible for this:signthankspin:.Finally I bought in a pair of Mission M 34i floorstanders @ Rs 17,200 yesterday noon.:cheers:I hope the price is ok !! I'm very happy with build quality and the way they were packaged.(maybe vijay sales have used their skills to pack)
When I unpacked them I couldn't figure out why the "empty" box was still heavy until I realised they had a plinth with them in the bottom of the box.A set of screws are also provided to fix the plinth with the base of the towers.
My son all of 13 yrs is a great fan of Eagles,so he jump across the room and asked me to play Hotel California to inaugurate the speakers.No sooner did I click on the play button I got transported into heaven ( mentally and not phsically,as I want to stay on this earth for some more time to njoy music ).The strumming of the guitar was something which I had wanted to xperience for a long time.Never heard such clear notes thru my satellites.The xperience was fantabulous.Can't xplain in words.The treble is crisp and the bass tight,quick and precise. Mid range also excellent.The vocals are crystal clear.This I played on my Onkyo HT 340 R amp with comes in a HTiB HT SR 600 package.I connected the towers to the avr via Bandridge speaker cables.I am wondering if music thru the avr is like this what wud happen if I get a true 2 channel amp!!!:licklips:
Right now am in office but still the sound of music which I heard y'day is lingering around me.Hope the day ends fast.
One point I want clarification on is I feel that music from right side speaker is more prominent than from the left side speaker although upon touching the speaker I feel the vibrations from both.Is there something wrong somewhere?
I think I'll go mad 2day in office as m unable to concentrate on my work properly...:yahoo:
again thanks a lot to all for helping me in chosing a pair of wonderful speakers.
regards

Congratulations on your purchase. Do post your experience after typical burn ins. I am also planning to upgrade the fronts and to me everybody with Missions seems very satisfied (read transported to heavens) with them. Enjoy..

Hi All

Today I feel am on top of the world and most xicited to share with you my happiness. :yahoo:It's you all who are responsible for this:signthankspin:.Finally I bought in a pair of Mission M 34i floorstanders @ Rs 17,200 yesterday noon.:cheers:I hope the price is ok !! I'm very happy with build quality and the way they were packaged.(maybe vijay sales have used their skills to pack)
When I unpacked them I couldn't figure out why the "empty" box was still heavy until I realised they had a plinth with them in the bottom of the box.A set of screws are also provided to fix the plinth with the base of the towers.
My son all of 13 yrs is a great fan of Eagles,so he jump across the room and asked me to play Hotel California to inaugurate the speakers.No sooner did I click on the play button I got transported into heaven ( mentally and not phsically,as I want to stay on this earth for some more time to njoy music ).The strumming of the guitar was something which I had wanted to xperience for a long time.Never heard such clear notes thru my satellites.The xperience was fantabulous.Can't xplain in words.The treble is crisp and the bass tight,quick and precise. Mid range also excellent.The vocals are crystal clear.This I played on my Onkyo HT 340 R amp with comes in a HTiB HT SR 600 package.I connected the towers to the avr via Bandridge speaker cables.I am wondering if music thru the avr is like this what wud happen if I get a true 2 channel amp!!!:licklips:
Right now am in office but still the sound of music which I heard y'day is lingering around me.Hope the day ends fast.
One point I want clarification on is I feel that music from right side speaker is more prominent than from the left side speaker although upon touching the speaker I feel the vibrations from both.Is there something wrong somewhere?
I think I'll go mad 2day in office as m unable to concentrate on my work properly...:yahoo:
again thanks a lot to all for helping me in chosing a pair of wonderful speakers.
regards

its good to hear that brother
:clapping:

Congratulations Ash. Glad to see you brimming with enthusiasm. Just make sure your colleagues don't find you grinning at yourself for no reason!

Enjoy your new toy! Cheers.

Hi Ash:

Congrats..Congrats!! It's a joy to have a FS in your living room and the sound it produces, great to know your joy. Yeah, the FS can give you the amazing low-end thump, that's hard to forget. If you're taken out of earth just by your FS + receiver combo, wait till you hear it with a dedicated integrated amp and cdp - you'll be taken to moon and beyond :p

Give the speakers at least 100 hours to run-in before they open up.

Hi All
Today I feel am on top of the world and most xicited to share with you my happiness. :yahoo:It's you all who are responsible for this:signthankspin:.Finally I bought in a pair of Mission M 34i floorstanders @ Rs 17,200 yesterday noon.:cheers:I hope the price is ok !!

Price is perfectly fine - hope shipping was included in that price - if you got them from vijay sales ;)

.The xperience was fantabulous.Can't xplain in words.The treble is crisp and the bass tight,quick and precise. Mid range also excellent.The vocals are crystal clear.This I played on my Onkyo HT 340 R amp with comes in a HTiB HT SR 600 package.I connected the towers to the avr via Bandridge speaker cables.I am wondering if music thru the avr is like this what wud happen if I get a true 2 channel amp!!!:licklips:

Midrange is a strong point with the m34s. Try pairing a 2 channel amp and see the onkyo avr blown to smithereens. Also for better bass response invest in buying 4kgs of silver sand and put them on the back cavity. read the brochure well on the procedure involved.

regards

See this if it occurs in all songs. See if the speakers wires are connected the right way and you have not goofed up with polarity. What is the specification of banridge? Use at least 14 AWG from a reputed brand. If you are using banana plug see if they are connected well -if you are using naked wiring at the back of of the AVR - see if they are connected well. Also try with another amp and source.

Congrats on the purchase man. They will serve you well.

PS: BTW using up office time for hifivision'ing would result in serious loss of resource productivity for your organization. (I am also part of your league)

Last edited:
Hi All

Today I feel am on top of the world and most xicited to share with you my happiness........................

My son all of 13 yrs is a great fan of Eagles,so he jump across the room and asked me to play Hotel California to inaugurate the speakers.No sooner did I click on the play button I got transported into heaven ( mentally and not phsically,as I want to stay on this earth for some more time to njoy music ).The strumming of the guitar was something which I had wanted to xperience for a long time.Never heard such clear notes thru my satellites.The xperience was fantabulous.Can't xplain in words....................

Hi Ash,

Congratulations on your investment. I know this feeling and I personally went through it very recently. I am still in heaven with my system. I always used to hear people say music has lot of power and it can heal lot of this. I now know why they say so.

So congrats again and make the best out of your equipment.

I too felt this and after investigation it was the audio file I was using. So try some other songs like Suprateep suggested. If the same occurs with other songs too, try connecting your old/Sat speakers and check if its the same.

Also check if by mistake the balance on your AMP is not skewed towards one side OR the sound level higher on the other side.

Hope it is not a major one and you get through it.

Happy listening to all.

PS: BTW using up office time for hifivision'ing would result in serious loss of resource productivity for your organization. (I am also part of your league)

I was a person who hardly took any leaves and past few years my leaves had lapsed. But since I have my HT, I already down with 10 leaves. Some days I just cant feel like shutting the music and leaving for office :)

I was a person who hardly took any leaves and past few years my leaves had lapsed. But since I have my HT, I already down with 10 leaves. Some days I just cant feel like shutting the music and leaving for office :)

i had some 40+ leaves accumulated over the past 1.5 years with no leaves taken - now thta the company revised the leaves and adjusted it to 25 now - i plan to take more now.

I have had hardly the time to listen to some music over extended sessions over the last 2months - working i IT is a pain with no definite working hours or social life.

No wonder wives of IT folk are a disgruntled lot :mad:

Can't concentrate at work, cant shut off system .. hee hee I know that feeling. :)

BTW I too thought my right speaker was more prominent. I assume speaker placement in my room is causing this as the right speaker does not have mybed obstructing it. Finally ended up tweaking the L/R channel to get an more balanced mix.

Congrats and enjoy the system!!

Cheers

Congratulations ash on your new acquisition

lack of sleep, cant concentrate on work, cant see the car in front while driving are common symptoms when I get any new electronic gadget which I have been longing for a long time its a very special feeling :yahoo:

as regards to his problem with right speaker cant he swap the speaker and see whether its a prob with the avr or with the speakers.

enjoy your music and do update us

No wonder wives of IT folk are a disgruntled lot :mad:

How about if the couple works in IT?

Add to that combo mix these variables -

a) Different companies, projects, technologies...
b) Have to travel half the year around the globe
c) Extreme scarcity to get to meet each other and spend time like normal mortals!

This way IT folks would require Individual Therapy. My life!

Cheers.

Great purchase ash. Enjoy the new sound.

What about the centre speaker? Even I had upgraded only the fronts and tolerated the HTiB centre speaker for about 6 months. Now I am going to replace with CSi A4.

In DVD-A most of the sound come from these 3 speakers, and the existing centre really spoils the show!

Congrats for your excellent new speakers ash147.
I can sense your excitement in you nice write up and thanks for sharing your happiness with us all.:cheers:

Do you have a closed wall on one side and an opening(door,window etc) on the other? If yes this could also be a problem sometimes because of the closed wall reflection making speaker on this side sound louder.

Hee...hee Same here; Add me too.:D

All the best,
Samuel

Hello All
:signthankspin:
Am overwhelmed with all the responses to my thread and wud like to thank all for sharing my joy.I wud surely post my experience with my system along wid pics if possible.

SAMUEL : Yes there is indeed an openable door next to the left speaker & a wall next to the right one.

Reju : The center speaker is the same which was supplied with the HTiB.I can try removing the center speaker and play music only thru the FS.Maybe the prob can be resolved.

suprateep : Thanks for ur suggestions.I'll check the polarity of the cables.Right now I won't be able 2 tell u the specs of the cables.Once home I'll check and let u know.These Vijay Sales ppl sell this brand,Bandridge, and it cost me Rs 69 per meter.I hope it should be good quality and of 14 AWG.

hubballi : Yeah maybe it cud be due to audio CD.I have to listen more of it.

Can anyone please let me know what will be the typical burn-in period for the speakers ? And do I need to keep them running continously for the burn-in period or it can be on and off ?

The center speaker is the same which was supplied with the HTiB.I can try removing the center speaker and play music only thru the FS.Maybe the prob can be resolved.

Congrats, you may want to try playing music in "Direct"/"Pure Direct"/"Stereo" or any other mode in your AVR, wherein only the Front 2 speakers are pumped by the AVR.

Hi All

Hai Ash147,

Congrats for the Purchase. I think a slight Toe in of both the speakers should solve the problem. Or else place a flat surface at the open area like a big card board sheet where the wall is open and listen. Or else if space permits move the speakers away from the wall slightly. If its ok then change your speaker placement and experiment.

With regards,

N Murali.

Last edited:
How about if the couple works in IT?

Add to that combo mix these variables -

a) Different companies, projects, technologies...
b) Have to travel half the year around the globe
c) Extreme scarcity to get to meet each other and spend time like normal mortals!

This way IT folks would require Individual Therapy. My life!

Cheers.

how about

1. husband working in IT software sales - handling a global top notch life sciences company
2. working 24/7
3. slave of the comp and telephone
4. housewife who quit her job
5. 7 month baby who drives both mad..........thats mah life:p

Oh i wish i had gotten into an automobile company for god's sake.

PS: We should start a thread comparing careers that we are into presently to our dream jobs and industry.:clapping:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back