Finally!! Naim DAC V1

lucksin

Finally i have been able to get my hands on Naim DAC v1. the box is being Set up and writing herein parallels. I though i would do a complete unboxing thread but damm i was excited enough to let go and straight away teared up the packing and started ogling at the little box.

Although i am no expert at writing any sort of review, but will post some opinion in a while(i am not sure if i am going to sleep tonight)

Attachments

• naimdac.jpg
    naimdac.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 198
Congratulations !

Can the nait pre amp section be bypassed as the Naim dacv1 has its own volume control ?

Did you consider the nap100 power amp ?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks MPW, Yes it can be bypassed, there is an option of putting it in Fixed volume for sending signal directly to Integrated or Pre.

I am considering NAP 250, NAP 100 is pretty useless for my speakers(sensitivity 86db) providing only 50w and moving forward NAC 252 to pair. NAP 100 will not be any upgrade with current setup. infact Nait 5i is nothing much to write home about.

Just so happens i heard my speakers on Beefier amp and the quality acutely improved.

@Ghatgepatil : its more like Samurai in the house ;)

Panditji : you know you are always welcome. i am still waiting for our meet to happen.

also when did you bough Meridian ? i nearly bought it last week from gurgaon ? how is it ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back