Lets up the game. Lets use some fancy shancy power tools.
Setting up an improvised work bench in a very spacious workshop in a suburban Mumbai building
Initial setup - Clamped two panels on either side of the center work panel to secure it.
Final setup - Despite the center work panel feeling secure it began to move upwards when the router reached the top part of the circle cut out. So put another panel on the top to restrict the upward movement and replaced the left panel with a bigger panel to make it more secure. This worked out and began chamfering. Since I'm doing this for the very first time I decided to make small passes. After chamfering the first work piece replaced it with the next one. After all five were done, lowered the bit for the second pass. Made 5 passes to achieve the final result.
Number of clamps required are slowly increasing. 6 clamps used to glue the back panel. Earlier max was 4 clamps that were used to glue the carcass. 4 back panels with attached speaker wire glued. 1 in clamps.
Also the back panel was over sized by 2mm and will be flush trimmed with the router to get a perfect fit.
Why should the build process have purely functional industrial looking pictures? Let's make it artistic.....
I present, Panel Art.....
BTW, today's work. Hand sanded the upper rim with 120 grit sandpaper to have rounded edges. Was sceptical if I could do a good job of it, but was pleasantly surprised to see I managed to pull it off quite well.
Applying water based PU matte clear coat to seal the MDF. Typically the cheaper wood sealant is used but since I will be needing clear coat and the minimum quantity available is 1 ltr which is a lot for this project, using it for sealing purpose. Have applied one coat to the interior of the carcass and front and back of the baffle.
Will apply clear coat to the sides and back after the baffle is glued and the height edges of the enclosure are rounded.