First Impression of AVM Inspiration C8 (All in 1)!!!

denom

Banned
Banned
cd_receiver_avm_inspiration_c8_bild_1308739374.jpg

Fernbedienung_1.jpg

AVM Audio - INSPIRATION C8

An interesting product consisting of

Amplifier (Class D)
Tuner
CD Player
DAC
MM/MC Phono Stage

All rolled into 1 box! And quite a handsome box to boot. Solid build typical german, beautifully put together & avant garde to look at :)
The remote too is an aluminium affair, slim, nicely weighted & nice to hold in the hand. A work of art!

Now onto the sound. Heard this receiver paired to 2 sets of different speakers of different manufacturers, 1 an MTM Designed Inwall affair & the other were a pair of TL FS. Both were driven well & in control. By pairing it with 2 different types of speakers 1 after the other, I realised the sound signature of this amp, which is slightly warm & a touch laid back. Achieving such a sonic signature from a Class D amp was something new to me as until now have heard few class D amps which were quite characterless & felt neither here nor there :cool: Coming back to the sonic signature of the C8, I feel it will be well received by listeners of classical, jazz & vocal based music genres. That said, it did not disappoint with soft rock, indie, electronica music genres either.

Details of Music heard, quite an eclectic selection :p

Amazon.com: Complete Symphonies: Music

Symphony No. 2 in D major, Op. 43: I. Allegretto

Amazon.com: The Mix: Kraftwerk: Music

1. The Robots (Remix)
2. Computerlove (Remix)

Amazon.com: The Ragpicker's Dream: Music

1.Why Aye Man
2.Devil Baby

Amazon.com: On Every Street: Dire Straits: Music

1.Calling Elvis
2.You And Your Friend
3.Iron Hand
4.My Parties

Amazon.com: Recollection 2 CD Set: K.D. Lang: Music

1. Trail Of Broken Hearts
2. Constant Craving

A new find for me, as it combines so many requirements of buyers in 1 package.

I hope to listen to it again in the near future paired with other speakers & with my music selection as the day I heard it, I had not gone prepared with my music CD's.

Am not going into its specifications as all info provided in the link attached above.

:)

AVM has been making the rounds at some major shows abroad. I heard the designer is ex burmester. The big amps are extremely well received at the shows abroad and usually paired with some big names. Was always curious about this brand. Thanks Denom.

There is a review of the c9 on stereophile and the measurements section mentions that the noise floor of the dac is way too high. It appears that it is no good for high resolution content.

I have nothing against the brand just stating what was mentioned in a review.

There is a review of the c9 on stereophile and the measurements section mentions that the noise floor of the dac is way too high. It appears that it is no good for high resolution content.

I have nothing against the brand just stating what was mentioned in a review.

Is this the review ?

AVM Evolution C9 CD receiver Measurements | Stereophile.com

5750/- US $ is the retail price in USA - Around 4 Lacs in India - I suppose - no confirmation on that from my end;

AVM Evolution C9 CD receiver Specifications | Stereophile.com

:indifferent14:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back