First Turntable at 30k, Buying Help required.

There is a pioneer a20 foe sale on the forum... Take a look

Sorry I couldn't find it.

Got some tentative prices from a credible grey market dealer locally. They'll get on preorder only, don't have anything to audition.

Project debut Carbon 2M - 40k
Athlp120(audio technica) - 30k
Rega planar 1 - 36k
Denon 300f - 28k

All +/- 3k inr.

Athlp120 seems to be a good option, but available on Ubuy.co.in at 22k for factory refurbished and 29k for new. Mostly imported from USA, any experiences with buying from Ubuy.co.in?

Sorry I couldn't find it.

Got some tentative prices from a credible grey market dealer locally. They'll get on preorder only, don't have anything to audition.

Project debut Carbon 2M - 40k
Athlp120(audio technica) - 30k
Rega planar 1 - 36k
Denon 300f - 28k

All +/- 3k inr.

Athlp120 seems to be a good option, but available on Ubuy.co.in at 22k for factory refurbished and 29k for new. Mostly imported from USA, any experiences with buying from Ubuy.co.in?

but you were to get from germany? what happened? grey market person is basically giving 20% discount so cutting off dealer margin at cost of no warranty/bill. who is this grey market dealer, kindly share his info if not openly then by pm

but you were to get from germany? what happened? grey market person is basically giving 20% discount so cutting off dealer margin at cost of no warranty/bill. who is this grey market dealer, kindly share his info if not openly then by pm

Somehow the Germany person has been traveling all over Europe so it won't be possible to get in this trip at least.
The grey market dealer isn't responding back, getting Athlp120 from USA seems to be a better option as its costing 32k shipped from Amazon.

Project debut Carbon 2M was a better alternative at 40k since hifimart.com is selling at 54k. Let me see, What can be worked out. Any suggestions or offers welcome.

Stuck between the two. Planar 1 somehow doesn't seem to cut it.
Project debut Carbon 2M @ 42k &
Athlp120 (audio technica) @32k..
Is the Carbon worth 10k more?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Why don't you go hear a few entry level tables and figure out what floats your boat? While you are at it do listen to some vintage tables also. They sound different from the newer ones. If you want to listen more to the pre 85 music than a vintage would be preferable. The newer ones will sound a bit damped on the older recordings.

Why don't you go hear a few entry level tables and figure out what floats your boat? While you are at it do listen to some vintage tables also. They sound different from the newer ones. If you want to listen more to the pre 85 music than a vintage would be preferable. The newer ones will sound a bit damped on the older recordings.
I'm not getting any dealer to audition turntables locally, if I can hear them before buying the decision can be easily made.

Alternatively, if someone could lend me a turntable (even cheaper ones) in Hyderabad for a few days my whole fling with Vinyl can be concluded much earlier [emoji6]
Currently stuck with decision making process.

One option could be to try with a service center if they can give a demo to you or they can guide you to a sales point.

I found this service center for Marantz etc through an online search in Hyderabad. Try your luck:-
Archana Electronics
Sai Ram Tower, 1-1-151/1, Alexander Road,
Opp Lane: YMCA, Beside Yashoda Hospital,
Secundrabad - Andhra Pradesh
Pin - 500 003.
Phone : 040-66315804
Phone : 66315836

I'm not getting any dealer to audition turntables locally, if I can hear them before buying the decision can be easily made.

Alternatively, if someone could lend me a turntable (even cheaper ones) in Hyderabad for a few days my whole fling with Vinyl can be concluded much earlier [emoji6]
Currently stuck with decision making process.

Like I said few days back... You are over thinking this decision.
Just get one TT and enjoy the music.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

One option could be to try with a service center if they can give a demo to you or they can guide you to a sales point.

I found this service center for Marantz etc through an online search in Hyderabad. Try your luck:-

Archana Electronics

Sai Ram Tower, 1-1-151/1, Alexander Road,

Opp Lane: YMCA, Beside Yashoda Hospital,

Secundrabad - Andhra Pradesh

Pin - 500 003.

Phone : 040-66315804

Phone : 66315836

Thanks, but the number not being answered.
There's no turntable for audition in most showrooms of Hyderabad. Denon and pioneer models are available only against a preorder.

Revolver Club used to be known as Nova Audion run by a guy called Sushil Anand, who used to be the main dealer for Pro Ject, at least in Mumbai. Revolver Club is their new rebranding to attract a younger, hipper crowd. I bought my first TT from them, a Project Genie, which I used for a few months before selling it off. TT wasn't bad, but I'm not a fan of ProJects. Also lack of a dust cover in this country is a major no no. I now have a Rega P3-24 which I am very happy with, along with my trusty Lenco L70.

Rega's are good plug and play TTs, you don't need to fuss around with them.

Revolver Club used to be known as Nova Audion run by a guy called Sushil Anand, who used to be the main dealer for Pro Ject, at least in Mumbai. Revolver Club is their new rebranding to attract a younger, hipper crowd. I bought my first TT from them, a Project Genie, which I used for a few months before selling it off. TT wasn't bad, but I'm not a fan of ProJects. Also lack of a dust cover in this country is a major no no. I now have a Rega P3-24 which I am very happy with, along with my trusty Lenco L70.

Rega's are good plug and play TTs, you don't need to fuss around with them.

Precisely, this is the kind of inputs I was looking for, Rega seems to be a better option for a newbie, if not for Audio technica lp120.

Bit older model, Rp1 is available at revolver club for 26k, newer model, Rega Planar 1 seems to be a good deal ( great buy if I can get from UK at 250), any links to buy it online or locally in Hyderabad?

I think you are spot on. I have no scientific way to prove this but for the kind of music I listen to on Vinyl, which fall in the 50's to early 80's JAzz recordings and rock/pop from that time period, the vintage players sound a lot better suited than the newer ones.

I have a late 90's era built Technics SL 1200 and am not very happy with it for my kind of listening. I do realize though that the final sound is a function of downstream components but when I switched my Technics with an older Pioneer, in the same setting, the sound was definitely warmer/fuller than my current rig.

I think you are spot on. I have no scientific way to prove this but for the kind of music I listen to on Vinyl, which fall in the 50's to early 80's JAzz recordings and rock/pop from that time period, the vintage players sound a lot better suited than the newer ones.

I have a late 90's era built Technics SL 1200 and am not very happy with it for my kind of listening. I do realize though that the final sound is a function of downstream components but when I switched my Technics with an older Pioneer, in the same setting, the sound was definitely warmer/fuller than my current rig.
I have listened to many of the turntables posted in Hyderabad, they're pretty bad in shape and I don't want to keep running to a mechanic now and then. Mostly from Panasonic, Pioneer, Technics & Philips priced between 6 - 12k but plagued with issues. That's why I am looking for newer ones.

Planar 1 isn't released in India yet, RP1 with performance pack is coming for 32k shipped. Is it a good deal? Or to wait for Rega Planar 1?
A belt drive, with changeable Cart and adjustable counter weight, Anti skate is what I'm looking for. The semi auto function would be great too. Denon 300f is easily available and Audio technica AT - LP3 is another option. Audio technica is launching vinyl players in India by next month (contacted them via email) so it'd be a good option as far as service warranty is concerned.

Numark TT USB at 11k on Amazon India fits the bill as well, not to mention the option of returns if its a complete mess. Unlikely to be a blunder because has been rated better than Audio Technica LP60 with upgradeable cart and counterweight etc... Any views?

http://www.amazon.in/Numark-TTUSB-Belt-Drive-Turntable-Interface/dp/B000G3FNVM

I have listened to many of the turntables posted in Hyderabad, they're pretty bad in shape and I don't want to keep running to a mechanic now and then. Mostly from Panasonic, Pioneer, Technics & Philips priced between 6 - 12k but plagued with issues. That's why I am looking for newer ones.

Planar 1 isn't released in India yet, RP1 with performance pack is coming for 32k shipped. Is it a good deal? Or to wait for Rega Planar 1?
A belt drive, with changeable Cart and adjustable counter weight, Anti skate is what I'm looking for. The semi auto function would be great too. Denon 300f is easily available and Audio technica AT - LP3 is another option. Audio technica is launching vinyl players in India by next month (contacted them via email) so it'd be a good option as far as service warranty is concerned.

Numark TT USB at 11k on Amazon India fits the bill as well, not to mention the option of returns if its a complete mess. Unlikely to be a blunder because has been rated better than Audio Technica LP60 with upgradeable cart and counterweight etc... Any views?

Numark TTUSB Belt-Drive Turntable with USB Audio Interface: Amazon.in: Musical Instruments

RP1 is a good entry level turntable for the price, especially if you don't want to go the vintage route. There is no mucking about with setting it up, it should be good to go without too much tinkering. If you like the sound, you should be happy with it for years. And when you do decide to upgrade, you will be doing so from a much better position. You will also get better resale value for it. Please do not buy the Numark. They make junk TTs in my opinion. Numark makes good DJ turntables at the higher level, but for home listening I would not recommend them. You might as well spend 32k and get the RP1, or a ProJect Debut. I would recommend either of those two over the Denon or AT TT's in your price range. But that's just my opinion! Once you get bitten by the vinyl bug i'm sure you will look at exploring other TT's apart from the aforementioned ones.

RP1 is a good entry level turntable for the price, especially if you don't want to go the vintage route. There is no mucking about with setting it up, it should be good to go without too much tinkering. If you like the sound, you should be happy with it for years. And when you do decide to upgrade, you will be doing so from a much better position. You will also get better resale value for it. Please do not buy the Numark. They make junk TTs in my opinion. Numark makes good DJ turntables at the higher level, but for home listening I would not recommend them. You might as well spend 32k and get the RP1, or a ProJect Debut. I would recommend either of those two over the Denon or AT TT's in your price range. But that's just my opinion! Once you get bitten by the vinyl bug i'm sure you will look at exploring other TT's apart from the aforementioned ones.

Wait for Planar 1 or RP 1 + Performance Pack ?
Reviews say Planar 1...
Not possible to audition here, it would have been quite easy otherwise

Bought RP1 with performance pack finally from India dealer, will update on my impressions, thanks everyone for the inputs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congratulations. what cart comes with it? you were very insistent on 2m red hence asking. enjoy the records now.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back