First Turntable at 30k, Buying Help required.

congratulations. what cart comes with it? you were very insistent on 2m red hence asking. enjoy the records now.

Yeah I was quite interested in 2m ortofon by all the positive reviews it got, until A critical review in Steve Hoffman or vinyl engine forum said " 2m cartridge is very good because it sounds closest to CD sound , and very good for vinyl pressed from digital master " that defeats my whole purpose of buying a TT. I might consider some other cartridge for rega RP1 if the bas2 cartridge doesn't fit the bill.

There was some unexpected expenditure which made extension of budget to 42k tough, and setting debut Carbon a bit complicated for newbies favored the rega TT.

I'm looking for good phono preamp and well preserved LPs so offers are welcome.

Nagaoka mp 110, lots of us here use it. Read some reviews, but most of us here are using it, first hand experience. Excellent cartridge for the money.

Yeah I was quite interested in 2m ortofon by all the positive reviews it got, until A critical review in Steve Hoffman or vinyl engine forum said " 2m cartridge is very good because it sounds closest to CD sound , and very good for vinyl pressed from digital master " that defeats my whole purpose of buying a TT. I might consider some other cartridge for rega RP1 if the bas2 cartridge doesn't fit the bill.

There was some unexpected expenditure which made extension of budget to 42k tough, and setting debut Carbon a bit complicated for newbies favored the rega TT.

I'm looking for good phono preamp and well preserved LPs so offers are welcome.

so then you have to limit your listening to albums on vinyl pre mid 80's as post this time everything was recorded in digital format. phono pre, you can look at rega, project which come in 10-15k price bracket or go diy with kits offered by some fm's. also well preserved lp's cost a tidy sum of money so be prepared to allot a decent sum for their purchases.

Nagaoka mp 110, lots of us here use it. Read some reviews, but most of us here are using it, first hand experience. Excellent cartridge for the money.
Thanks, I've already kept that on the list, but not until for 6 months as the current cartridge seems good enough.
so then you have to limit your listening to albums on vinyl pre mid 80's as post this time everything was recorded in digital format. phono pre, you can look at rega, project which come in 10-15k price bracket or go diy with kits offered by some fm's. also well preserved lp's cost a tidy sum of money so be prepared to allot a decent sum for their purchases.
Sadly yes, but let's see, not in a hurry to change cartridge as of now. Nagaoka is a priority in a year's time might pick 2m ortofon during a overseas visit. I know, vinyl hobby is quite taxing : both monetarily and in time consuming sense - this is what took me 6 + months to decide. I'm getting a box of LPs from Grandfather [emoji6] along with probably his non working Gerard TT from bangalore so lets see.

Unfortunately, my Onkyo Integra amp suddenly shut down in the evening, not turning on. I didn't have any issues with it other than a loose speaker knob for which I Serviced it recently, so bit sad. It has sweet sound which I loved always, looks like its time. This uncertainty bothers me while using vintage stuff, which I generally avoid. Have to buy a phono preamp until this unit gets repaired. Will get the Rega mini A2D as suggested by you and the Indian dealer as well. Yaqin M12b seems to be another option if I can get it from USA. Any views?

I'll plan to invest slowly on the Vinyl records, well preserved LPs are anyway worth paying, so I'll see for anyone selling bollywood or popular 70s rock LPs.

I have a Cambridge azur 651p it's pretty good. I'm sure lots of guys here are also making Phono stages. The nagaoka mp110 is pretty good. And not that expensive.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My last DIY was a self assembled stereo amp with 10ch gfx equalizer, but it was 25yrs ago. I assembled a pair of bookshelf speakers as well during that time. Currently I am completely noob to DIY, other than soldering probably I won't be able to troubleshoot anything if required, and Time constraints will also limit my DIY efforts. I'm not even trying to repair the onkyo amp myself so, Something plug and play is what I'm looking for, will ping Sachin anyway to see if something can be worked out. Thanks for the link.

I have a Cambridge azur 651p it's pretty good. I'm sure lots of guys here are also making Phono stages. The nagaoka mp110 is pretty good. And not that expensive.

651p is one of the highly rated phono preamp, though I haven't heard but should be sounding very good. What is the best source to get Nagaoka 110? There's 2xx version as well AFAIK, any improvements over 110?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I got mine from lp gear. I wud bet the 200 wud be super as well, considering the 110 is top stuff.

I got my Cambridge Phono on Amazon India. Although I don't use it now, ita lying packed in a box since my marantz SR6009 phono is pretty good too.

I got my nagoaka mp 110 from Amazon Japan which got delivered within a week and price with import duty and courier was cheaper than any other online stores.

Thanks for the info, MP 110 cost is coming to 8k shipped from Amazon USA, seller is from Japan as well. I'll check Amazon Japan.

Ordered a Rega Phono A2d from the distributor , though don't need digital converter ; it was the cheapest from Rega. Will hold the cartridge purchase for few months.

The Rega Phono preamp is a good one ; enjoying the ARR vinyl. 'Khamosh Raat' this is the best version I've heard so far. Vocals, guitar come out very lively, very good stereo separation. Bass is not boomy very enjoyable, details are bit on the lesser side but the sweetness of sound is pretty addictive.

The clicks and pops are bit of a bummer, I'm trying to get used to it, but its annoying to say the least. In spite clean new vinyl the clicks and pops keep surfacing. Any solutions for reducing clicks and pops apart from maintaining dust free environment?

The clicks and pops are bit of a bummer, I'm trying to get used to it, but its annoying to say the least. In spite clean new vinyl the clicks and pops keep surfacing. Any solutions for reducing clicks and pops apart from maintaining dust free environment?

Clean the vinyl using a brush, it should be pin drop silence no pop should be there

Does ur amp have a phono? Have u tried a test between the amp phono and the Rega?

Clean the vinyl using a brush, it should be pin drop silence no pop should be there
Its a new vinyl, cleaned with liquid but still the clicks audible
Does ur amp have a phono? Have u tried a test between the amp phono and the Rega?
I'm using a Rega Phono A2d, to line inputs on NAD C372.
The clicks and pops audible which is annoying. More during the silence between the songs but also during the playback as well

Its a new vinyl, cleaned with liquid but still the clicks audible

I'm using a Rega Phono A2d, to line inputs on NAD C372.
The clicks and pops audible which is annoying. More during the silence between the songs but also during the playback as well

Just cos it's new vinyl, does not mean there might not be pops and clicks.Could be a defective/poor pressing(dust on the stampers pressed into the vinyl or bad handling of the record during packaging at the pressing plants).Lots of complaints on the Steve Hoffman forums regarding the bad quality of new vinyl.The only option here is to return the record.

If its just dust/dirt,repeated wet cleanings(brush is a must) will fix it. I don't even use record cleaning fluid, just bottled water and have got great results.

So I guess ur nad amp doesn't have an inbuilt phono? What I was trying to say is, have you made a comparison between the nad phono and the Rega phono?

So I guess ur nad amp doesn't have an inbuilt phono? What I was trying to say is, have you made a comparison between the nad phono and the Rega phono?

Just out of curiosity, will the phono stage make a huge difference? I compared my Marantz amplifier phono input and Nad pp3 phono pre-amp and though the Nad has much better sonics, I see no difference in surface noise between the two.

That's what I want to know too, does the phonostage make a big difference? I have a Cambridge Phono but haven't used it as my marantz Phono seems pretty decent.

That's what I want to know too, does the phonostage make a big difference? I have a Cambridge Phono but haven't used it as my marantz Phono seems pretty decent.

The Photostage on my Marantz seems like an after thought. The first time I hooked up my TT, it sounded very harsh and flat and I thought it was a cartridge or stylus problem. The Nad PP3 made a world of difference. I have no experience with the Cambridge audio phono but have read that is is much better than the PP3 in terms of sound stage and tonality.

The Phonostage on my Marantz seems like an after thought. The first time I hooked up my TT, it sounded very harsh and flat and I thought it was a cartridge or stylus problem. The Nad PP3 made a world of difference. I have no experience with the Cambridge audio phono but have read that is is much better than the PP3 in terms of sound stage and tonality.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back