Fixed Frame Screen Query

micjak77

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest me how much a decent branded 72 inch diagonal fixed frame screen cost me. Im talking about brands like Da-Lite and elite. Is there a way to get the material (screen mat) only. Im in Hyderabad and made couple of enquiries to Digi-Pro but they have not given me an estimate yet. I browsed the web and came across lot of Indian manufacturers in Bombay and Delhi. I would like to know how their stuff compares vis-a-vis the global brands. I mean if the same picture is projected on these international brands do they make a noticeable difference. All suggestions inputs are welcome.

PS: I would really love the idea of getting the screen mat and making it myself.

why do u want to buy a screen if u r going in for a fixed frame, which obviously indicates that it will be a permanent fixture.

I see that u r thinking of getting the panny. That is one hell of a bright projector and if u r going for only a 72" screen, I think IMHO u r better off with a DIY screen.

Please look at my theater setup in this forum.

I have been using the panny for past 3 months, put in more than 300 hrs. on the bulb. My screen is a 4 x 8 (100" screen) laminate painted with asian paints satin enamel.
It performs very well. Basically, u dont want any gain from the screen with this projector, so a DIY screen is good enough.

giddavr

why do u want to buy a screen if u r going in for a fixed frame, which obviously indicates that it will be a permanent fixture.

I see that u r thinking of getting the panny. That is one hell of a bright projector and if u r going for only a 72" screen, I think IMHO u r better off with a DIY screen.

Please look at my theater setup in this forum.

I have been using the panny for past 3 months, put in more than 300 hrs. on the bulb. My screen is a 4 x 8 (100" screen) laminate painted with asian paints satin enamel.
It performs very well. Basically, u dont want any gain from the screen with this projector, so a DIY screen is good enough.

giddavr

Yes, you are right I am planning on a Panny. I too plan to DIY but for that I want to buy the screen material and make the frame myself. Is this paint you have put on is meant only for this purpose or its a general paint used for wall and stuff. I have always beileved that something dedicated should work better. But since you already own a panny and are speaking hands on. I will keep your suggestion in mind.

Coming back to the topic do you suggest that a very low gain sceen would work better. For some reason i am dont prefer the idea of wall paint even if its dedicated screen paint.

Yes, you are right I am planning on a Panny. I too plan to DIY but for that I want to buy the screen material and make the frame myself. Is this paint you have put on is meant only for this purpose or its a general paint used for wall and stuff. I have always beileved that something dedicated should work better. But since you already own a panny and are speaking hands on. I will keep your suggestion in mind.

Coming back to the topic do you suggest that a very low gain sceen would work better. For some reason i am dont prefer the idea of wall paint even if its dedicated screen paint.

OK! If u want dedicated scren material, go to ebay.in and search for projecor screen. ETN Industries sell screen fabric made in China. It is good in quality but is a glassbeaded screen which has a gain of 2.

gvr

I think square shaped screens are obsolete now; no point spending 15K on this IMHO. I think 16:9 screens are way to go.

micjak77 is looking for a diagonal of 72 inches or 6 feet. A 6 by 6 will give him a diagonal of 8.48 feet. It will more than fit his particular requirements.

Cheers

Hey...micjak77

Buddy...there is one special screen paint available. Need to check up the name of the brand.
The product comes specially for the screens.

It costs Rs.12,500, and one container can paint a screen size upto 120" Diagonal...

Apart from that consider, any AV Interior person, for the frame work for your screen...

The gain will not be much in paint, but, yes this will defenitely suit your requirements...

Secondly as per your requirements, for a fixed frame screen...
Buddy, the product will cost you not less than Rs.35,000 for Dalite 72" Diagonal, and secondly it will only be available on request and is not ready stock...

So consider accordingly...

I got to know the costs of dalite fixed frame screens. These are priced exorbitantly. The two I enquired about cost 45k and 75k. These are totally prohibitive. I mean they cost more than the projector. I think I will buy the scree material locally. Hyd has lot of cos deaing with that, should not cost me more than 5k for the size i am looking at may be my house carpenter can do the frames. Is there any special science on how the screen has to be mounted on to the frame. If any body has any links on that it wd be GREAT.

Also somebody please enlighten me on what gain is, the concept. And what gain should I be looking for hitachi PJ TX-100. THANKS ALL

Buddy...

You wanna opt PJ-TX 100, that good...
Good Choice...

Other options are Optoma HD-65...

But, just tell me one, thing, what makes you ruin your HT experience, by cutting down so low on screens...
I am sure you will get a screen at that price...
If you want i can suggest you some brands...

But, then probably go in for a local projector, or better go for the cheapest data projector...
Because, thats the only gain you will be able to get from the screen...
Then why to waste on a HT Projector...???

Bro...one side you are talking about Dalite and all, and secondly you are talking about a screen worth Rs.5K...

.......Think it over......

Buddy...

You wanna opt PJ-TX 100, that good...
Good Choice...

Other options are Optoma HD-65...

But, just tell me one, thing, what makes you ruin your HT experience, by cutting down so low on screens...
I am sure you will get a screen at that price...
If you want i can suggest you some brands...

But, then probably go in for a local projector, or better go for the cheapest data projector...
Because, thats the only gain you will be able to get from the screen...
Then why to waste on a HT Projector...???

Bro...one side you are talking about Dalite and all, and secondly you are talking about a screen worth Rs.5K...

.......Think it over......

Mridul, I was only finding out the price for Dalite and when I came to know I found it prohibitive again thats my personal opinion. Its ALL very subjective you see me spending money on a HT PJ as a waste and I see spending 40k on screen as waste. I go after value which again is subjective - to each his own. I m sorry if I hurt your upmarket sensibilities by suggesting a screen for 5k. I thought it was possible.

Hey Rshri, I am researching on the scree these days. I am just thinking about DIY against something available locally. In touch with some fellas here in Hyd. BTW I got a quote from someone in Mumbai like this:

Fixed Frame Screen - Aluminium Frame with black velvet masking
Size 78" Diagonal
16:9 Aspect
Screen Size 68" x 38" Rs. 10900/-
Screen Fabric: Matte White

Sounds interesting to me. At this cost if somebody can deliver this i m wondering if its better to avoid all that pain in DYI. I have asked these folks to send me some pictures.

Avelec ltd i think is the name of the company, i think they're based in secunderabad. See what they have to offer.

Hey Rshri, I am researching on the scree these days. I am just thinking about DIY against something available locally. In touch with some fellas here in Hyd. BTW I got a quote from someone in Mumbai like this:

Fixed Frame Screen - Aluminium Frame with black velvet masking
Size 78" Diagonal
16:9 Aspect
Screen Size 68" x 38" Rs. 10900/-
Screen Fabric: Matte White

Sounds interesting to me. At this cost if somebody can deliver this i m wondering if its better to avoid all that pain in DYI. I have asked these folks to send me some pictures.

I think that screen size should be 100" diagonally at least! Also do you really need an expensive aluminum frame? A wooden frame is sufficient.
Matte white is good.

Avelec ltd i think is the name of the company, i think they're based in secunderabad. See what they have to offer.

Hey Audiodelic ....I checked out ur HT pics, Im quiet impressed. Are you in India or US. Just curious after seeing HSU sub.

I think that screen size should be 100" diagonally at least! Also do you really need an expensive aluminum frame? A wooden frame is sufficient.
Matte white is good.

Well my room is a small one the maximum I might be able to go is around 78 inches. Wooden is fine but I would like to have a professional touch which is sometimes not there when you DIY. Thats why been thinking about AL frame, that with black velvet masking i thought would look really cool.

Buddy micjak

There is nothing like hurt out here...
We are all discussing, and this is my opinion...

Secondly... i agree that, that was your opinion...
But, i am not telling you to go in for Rs.40K screen, but, on the other hand, you can go for normal dalite screens, Model B or Model C, with CSR...
they cost you Rs.12K-15K for 100" Diagonal.

they are good in quality, as well will serve your purpose good.

And once, you have enough to spend in for a good fixed frame screen than, you can update on the same..

No Hard Feelings.. so dont worry...

But, i am not telling you to go in for Rs.40K screen, but, on the other hand, you can go for normal dalite screens, Model B or Model C, with CSR...
they cost you Rs.12K-15K for 100" Diagonal.

I am curious, is 12-15k for 100" screen inclusive of frame? Or is it just screen cloth price?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back