Floor-standers around Rs 1L Q900 Concept 40 XT6F XT8F B&W Elac

I am looking for something similar @Bangalore. Thank you for all the info. I agree that the prices in ProFX are way off the charts.

You can audition Dynaudio and Genelec at "the Audio Video People" at Infantry road. The Audio Video People |.

I am looking for a stereo setup and found the Dynaaudio Emit M10 and M20 pretty good. Found these much better than KEF's are profx.
"the Audio Video People" also sell marantz and you can audition them there. I was suggested to drive the above speakers using a 5010 as well.

You can also look at Genelec. They are active speakers and really great, but a liittle expensive and hence beyond my price point.

I have a budget of around 1L and will follow this thread for your inputs as well :).

/Amit
Thanks for the info Amit. I have placed my order so will keep this info for the future. I used Modern World in Domlur. The owner Aqeel Zakria is a school classmate.

Why waste money on a centre speaker and the accompanying av receiver? Since you'll watch very little movies, stick to 2.0 or 2.1 and get a capable stereo amp instead.
A good stereo system can easily create a phantom centre channel and a stereo amplifier is almost always better than an av receiver at a particular price point.
I too watch movies on my stereo system and don't miss a centre speaker at all. In fact my phantom centre is scarily good. :)

Why waste money on a centre speaker and the accompanying av receiver? Since you'll watch very little movies, stick to 2.0 or 2.1 and get a capable stereo amp instead.
A good stereo system can easily create a phantom centre channel and a stereo amplifier is almost always better than an av receiver at a particular price point.
I too watch movies on my stereo system and don't miss a centre speaker at all. In fact my phantom centre is scarily good. :)
What amp and speakers do you use? Thanks.

Agree Raghu. In fact the R300 is a 3 way while the Q900 is a 2.5 way.

The sound on the R300 was more pure, but the Q900s had a bigger and more expansive sound-stage. The R300 will definitely need a sub-woofer to complement them while the Q900 have enough of ooomphf. :licklips:

Hmmm ...
It looks like you have already committed and placed the order for Q900s. Would still suggest exploring the IA route vs AVR and C+sub.
Since you are dealing with is a friend of yours, you may still have a chance to change your order.
Come home and listen to the R300s with some serious muscle driving them. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers,
Raghu

What amp and speakers do you use? Thanks.

I use older gear. Onkyo P308/M508 pre & power amplifier from the 80s
As for speakers it's the Sony SS-G7 or the B&W DM602S2
I used to own an av receiver once upon a time; a very decent one that too. However even a modest integrated amplifier sounded better and my current pre power combo is just miles ahead. It just doesn't make sense to use an avr Because of a centre channel.
Instead combine your centre speaker and av receiver budget and get a good integrated amplifier. :)

you can also consider the upcoming Andrew Jones Elac uni-fi Floorstands. They have rave reviews and are expected to outperform speakers much higher in price. Would be a kickass pack if Elac price them right in India unlike the Debut series.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back