Floorstanders Audition and Queries

Yes would be very interested in reading that
Also total price please

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Update on auditions:

I could not get to listen to QAcoustics 3050. Still waiting for reply from Dali dealer for Zensor 5 since their demo room is under renovation.

Visited Oceanic this weekend and Mr Dave advised to look at XTZ 95.44. It is a little know Swedish brand and they don't advertise much or even have proper information in English on their website.

XTZ 95.44 employs ribbon tweeters instead of dome. I listened to a CD of Jagjit Singh and it was as if singer was present in the room itself. The speakers sounded very natural, airy and very balanced. The details was fantastic. By far, these have been the best speakers I have heard.

9544_Black_Front920.jpg

They had Tannoy Mercury V4i also available and I could switch and listen to the same track on both set of speakers. The difference was immediately apparent. However, at Oceanic only option to listen to the speakers is to carry the CDs (no USB, MP3, FLACs etc). Hence I had limited choice of music in listening to the speakers.

Researched the web for XTZ speakers and there is very little out there in terms of feedback and reviews. The ribbon tweeters employed in them are apparently used in very high end (MA Platinum series, Salk Sound, ProAc Carbon Pro etc). There seems to be an issue of vertical dispersion with ribbon tweeter which I did not feel while auditioning.

Have been quoted 87k for the FS pair. Compared to other speakers I was looking at, these are almost one and half times costlier.

I plan to do another round of auditioning after I have heard Dalis and then decide. In the meantime, if anyone has any feedback on XTZ and/or ribbon tweeters, I will appreciate the input.

By the time I could react to the XTZ, you have already purchased the Tannoy, I wanted you to really give the XTZ another try and I am sure you would have landed with them, the speakers are quiet enchanting to listen, maybe the combo of Amp and Speakers were not matched, anyhow XTZ will paly in the market at a very consistent level very soon. Happy listening.

Hi,
I know you are looking for floor-standers, but just for fun have a listen to the KEF L550 stand-mounts. For one lakh you get high quality reproduction of human voice and most music. Add a fast sub later on and you are in the 'high end". In my experience Floor standers are not good for music until you cross the 3-4 lakh mark. I have been through three stand mounts until I bought my first floor stander. Might go back again.

hello,
i am looking for floorstanders in the 50k range. new or used one in good condition, for music and movies, at the moment my inclination is towards wharfedale 230 has anyone any experience with that and whats better out there than the wharfs 230?
thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back