Floorstanders under Rs. 50000

If you are planning for a B/S then also budget a solid stand for it and so the speaker + stand is almost the same from a convenience as a F/S and also from a space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are planning for a B/S then also budget a solid stand for it and so the speaker + stand is almost the same from a convenience as a F/S and also from a space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of the reason I was inclining towards FS was the additional cost of stands for BS. They almost add up to be the same. Space taken is also the same, with FS having an advantage of better bass, stability, and asthetics.

I have found PSB and Paradigm to be 2 brands in the past whose quality per re was always excellent . Not sure if it these days though . Another way of looking at this would be to get a speaker made locally . Sound would be fantastic though resale is not so easy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Experts

I'm looking forward to stepping into the world of good sound and shortlisting good FS' under 50K INR.

I'm the nomadic type and change residence every two years so I don't want to limit myself to BS, meant for smaller rooms. Moreover, I like the way FS sound over BS any day (I love bass :licklips:)

My current shortlist looks like this:

1) WHARFEDALE Diamond 230 - 44k - No Demo in Bangalore :sad:. HELP!! Dealer told me that Wharf are no longer allowing demos!
2) PSB Image T5 - 49k - PSB dealer said no demo possible as model is discontinued :sad:
3) Polk RTi T5 - 50k - Auditioned and they sounded good. Just good, not great.
4) MORDAUNT SHORT Mezzo 6 - 44k (demo piece with some repairs done) - Will demo shortly
5) Heco Aleva 400 - 50k (demo piece) - They sound great
6) Monitor Audio Bronze 5 or 6 - Price NA - Yet to Demo
7) Paradigm Monitor 7 - 70k (clearly beyond my budget :sad:) - yet to demo

If anyone know of a better price that I can avail in Bangalore, please help me out.

I am looking expert's comments on the listed speakers to help me choose one.

Please help!!
Go for Q Acoustics 3050i , I recently purchased, extremely happy with performance. It may be high (60k) , but worth it.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

Wharfedale auditions are not available anymore...at least in Bangalore. HTStore too denied it stating company policy

CLARIFICATION GIVEN BY COMPANY: Wharfedale Diamond 200 Series audition is now available at HT Store in Banglore with prior appointment!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wharfedale auditions are not available anymore...at least in Bangalore. HTStore too denied it stating company policy

That's odd. The company seems to be bent on shooing people away.
-Raghu

CLARIFICATION GIVEN BY COMPANY: PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NOT THE INTENTION OF THE COMPANY TO DISSUADE DEMOS. Wharfedale Diamond 200 Series audition is now available at HT Store in Banglore with prior appointment!

That is strange. Speaker company policy of not allowing demo..

CLARIFICATION GIVEN BY COMPANY: PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NOT THE INTENTION OF THE COMPANY TO DISSUADE DEMOS. Wharfedale Diamond 200 Series audition is now available at HT Store in Banglore with prior appointment!

If you are open to pre owned, then some good options available on for sale section / hifi-ads

I had FS before but i move to bS and found it quite flexible .
Wharf 220 are good but does not have deep bass and have warm sound.
I liked Boston Acoustics BA26 , great sound and bass omph no coloration of sound.
Elac is too hyped both in terms of price and build quality. In the same price one can have
Wharf Diamonds series,Monitor Audios or even Energy Speakers.{try at ebay}.
Speakers with Kevalar Material cones are good in soundstage rather than paper one or proly... ones. Once they are burned in Kevlar's sound natural and not irritating to ears for long hours as Horns or Aluminium ones do.
So pick your choice. Any how all the speakers are now assembled in China .

But you will require good AV Receiver or Amp to drive them.

Auditioned ELAC Debut F5 and FS77 today.

It was a properly treated demo room and F5 was hooked to an Onkyo AVR. The moment the audition started, I knew something was just wrong. The lower frequencies were too colored and the bass was unbearable. I'm a bass lover, still this was just too bad. I was sure that Andrew Jones cannot build such a bad product.

I asked the guy to switch to Denon AVR and voila!! The speakers came alive. All the coloration vanished and I could hear deep bass, clear vocals, but subdued highs.

Next in line was older FS77 (no kevlar drivers here). They looked like F5 fasting for a month. The form factor is so slim that I wondered if I really wanted to listen to these. But, my friends the moment it started to play, it just blew me away!!! Precise highs, excellent mids and deep yet tight bass. They sounded so perfect. Not to mention their SPL levels. I could feel the sound waves in my body.

Nice option found. But, I'll wait until I finish my other auditions.

Coming up are: KEF Q500, Tannoy Mercury 7.4, Klipsch R26F

Had contacted wharfedale on their email. According to them there is no such policy by the company. Also They Have mailed designer audio regarding this issue and i hope to see the distributor taking steps accordingly.

Had contacted wharfedale on their email. According to them there is no such policy by the company. Also They Have mailed designer audio regarding this issue and i hope to see the distributor taking steps accordingly.

Thats great news. I hope the Wharfs are back to demos soon.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back