For a complete newbie, recommend me headphones < 70K

Ok I see.
Does HD820 have better bass?
Nobody does bass better than a Abyss phi 1266 tc, but personally speaking i find Susvara's bass to be sufficient for jazz/vocals, with beautiful lush midrange, but soundstage wise both 1266 and sus are way behind sennys totl.

Nobody does bass better than a Abyss phi 1266 tc, but personally speaking i find Susvara's bass to be sufficient for jazz/vocals, with beautiful lush midrange, but soundstage wise both 1266 and sus are way behind sennys totl.
Did you get to listen to Abyss Diana TC. Its bass is good but it tends to distort at highish volume. I bought it from Abyss-headphones direct. But I prefer HD800S for clarity. Sometimes Diana just feels an average headphone because of the distortion or I don’t know what it is. Burson Soloist 3XP is no slouch for it. I haven’t figured out the EQ for it but I suspect it has some odd peak somewhere which gives it the distorted feel. But yes bass is punchy and tight.

Did you get to listen to Abyss Diana TC. Its bass is good but it tends to distort at highish volume. I bought it from Abyss-headphones direct. But I prefer HD800S for clarity. Sometimes Diana just feels an average headphone because of the distortion or I don’t know what it is. Burson Soloist 3XP is no slouch for it. I haven’t figured out the EQ for it but I suspect it has some odd peak somewhere which gives it the distorted feel. But yes bass is punchy and tight.
I have Sus with me and I have listened to 1266 tc for few hours as a loner from one of my friend on my Auris Nirvana tube amp but after this short demo i was overwhelmed by the bass on 1266, it does have an impeccable low end, but then as i prefer listening to vocals and jazz the lush mid range and apt quantity and quality of bass sus me gives with Auris Nirvana is perfect match for my taste. Never got a chance to try Diana so no idea about them.

I have Sus with me and I have listened to 1266 tc for few hours as a loner from one of my friend on my Auris Nirvana tube amp but after this short demo i was overwhelmed by the bass on 1266, it does have an impeccable low end, but then as i prefer listening to vocals and jazz the lush mid range and apt quantity and quality of bass sus me gives with Auris Nirvana is perfect match for my taste. Never got a chance to try Diana so no idea about them.
Cool setup you have but how much better genuinely is a Susvara on tube amp as compared to a common headphone that is great for vocals like HD6xx series. Subtly better or far and away amazing. Price wise its 20 times. Need a realistic idea.

Cool setup you have but how much better genuinely is a Susvara on tube amp as compared to a common headphone that is great for vocals like HD6xx series. Subtly better or far and away amazing. Price wise its 20 times. Need a realistic idea.
Law of diminishing returns is very true but once you have listened to that level it's difficult to come back again and be satisfied with just a little lesser.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back