Forum members from HYDERABAD say hello here !!

I stay in Manikonda. I have 2 separate stereo setups. One for Vinyl and one for CD.

Vinyl: Thorens TD125 with SME 3009 arm and Shure V15 type iii cartridge connected to Luxman L5 amp and Infinity Reference 50 floorstanders

CD: An old Denon DCD-1630 CD player connected to Pioneer Reference A-91D and JBL Studio 590 speakers.

Hi Guys, Nice to know more people from Hyd. I stay in Kokapet near Financial district. Have all B&W setup for Movies and Music. Have Atmos setup done but have to upgrade the receiver to support it. Got the basic room treatment done. And cables do make a difference. ;-)
Hi sajjad...glad to see you here. In fact I just mentioned your system yesterday in another thread, about the presentation of vocals on your system. In one word it was awesome. I know iam long overdue for a invite. But don't want you to come to a evening of pain :)

As soon as I have my roon sorted out. An invite is in order :)

Very nice to see this thread, Thanks Naveen for starting. Certainly very useful for us. I live at Chandanagar/Madinguda. My HT set up- Marantz NR1506, speakers- A26, A225 boston acoustic. Amplifier 2.1 - Yamaha rn602, pioneer fs52, sw:emotiva s10. Analog audio-Pro-ject debut carbon, Ortofon 2M blue, Schiit, Onkyo RW313 (Deck) .

Hi Guys, we all love home theater setups. And it is sad that we don't have much audition options in hyderabad.

If people from hyderabad can indetify them in this thread and post their current set up ..... It will be fun for us to meet up occasionally and see each other's home theater set up.

It may help new people too. Ofcourse it will be disturbing to have visitors every now and then.... But once in a few months won't hurt...

Nobody will force any way... So interested people can say hello here... Post their location in hyderabad, and current setup.

Lets hope it will be fun and useful

Hi

Since we are now on a new platform and updated site, i had suggested HFV to include a feature where you can search a list of members by location / city...the same thought process....to meet / engage with members staying in the same city / location. This will help a great deal....not sure if something is being done about it.

One small challenge is that some members have updated Country name only in location and it sometimes becomes difficult to identify....the city and country name ideally should be updated.

Mods...any consideration for this?

Emotiva has good subs...it all depends on placement, design, size for optimal performance.....

Sunfire too makes good subs and so does SVS and even BIC America.....

How is emotiva subwoofer.i tried here in Hyderabad but there is no demo

I got it from Bangalore, Apart from it's build quality, it's performance is great, tight bass and very deep sound.. I connected it to both (HT and Amp).. it sounds great when you play flac, DSD, AIff formats and even responds great when I play Turntable/Tape dec..

Hi

Since we are now on a new platform and updated site, i had suggested HFV to include a feature where you can search a list of members by location / city...the same thought process....to meet / engage with members staying in the same city / location. This will help a great deal....not sure if something is being done about it.

One small challenge is that some members have updated Country name only in location and it sometimes becomes difficult to identify....the city and country name ideally should be updated.

Gr8 Idea, it would be easy for all to trace location wise..

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it from Bangalore, Apart from it's build quality, it's performance is gr8, tight bass and very deep sound.. I connected it to both (HT and Amp).. it sounds gr8 when you play flac, DSD, AIff formats and even responds gr8 when I play Turntable/Tape dec..
Nice.im from miyapur. if possible can I check your subwoofer?

Polk, Parasound, PMC, Dali, Monitor Audio , Schiit, Emotiva, Marantz, Yamaha & the list goes on ...
New HT enthusiast or any HT component buyer in Hyderabad should NOT worry about NOT getting auditions for any component IMHO; No Blind buys henceforth !
Urge @Naveenbnc to create a WA group if feasible.

Hi..This is great initiative.....

I am having very little knowledge...Looking for suggestions and advise from FMs...

My Set up:

YAMAHA RX-V683 (AVR)
WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 230 FS
WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 220C
WHARFEDALE 10 DFS

Staying at Kondapur..

Thnaks,
Krish

Nevry nice to know that many people are nearby... ,☺️☺️

Polk, Parasound, PMC, Dali, Monitor Audio , Schiit, Emotiva, Marantz, Yamaha & the list goes on ...
New HT enthusiast or any HT component buyer in Hyderabad should NOT worry about NOT getting auditions for any component IMHO; No Blind buys henceforth !
Hi...WhatsApp group is a good idea too...
Guys ... Please post your phone numbers also here. you can ping me too...

What's app group works good if we don't dilute it with general forwarded messages

Certainly Shashank.. let me know your availability ..

Great idea. we already have Vintage vinyl club and Sangeetha Surabhi groups where we share all these kind of stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
If people from hyderabad can indetify them in this thread and post their current set up ..... It will be fun for us to meet up occasionally and see each other's home theater set up.
Whoa lots of people from Hyderabad! My family stays in Vikrampuri Colony and I'm at Kurnool for work. Come home atleast twice a month. I have multiple setups but all packed up as I relocated from Trivandrum. Will be nice to catch up with you people. I miss all that fun in collective auditions that I used to do while at Chennai, not too long ago.
Hi

Great idea but am not sure if it can be done. Let me check.

Thanks Naveen for initiating.
I stay at kondapur.
I am stereo fan and like DIY. Built DIY TL speakers and damaged those after some time :)
Also building DIY turntable (looking for precision motor)
Setup:
Yamaha RX490, Austonia, Denon compact amp CR185X
speakers - DIY FS with DIY drivers, Technics F2
Tuner - NAD 402
TT- Technics SLQ 1200

What next step friends?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back