Forum members from HYDERABAD say hello here !!

Naveenbnc

Hi Guys, we all love Stereo/ home theater setups. And it is sad that we don't have much audition options in hyderabad.

If people from hyderabad can indetify them in this thread and post their current set up ..... It will be fun for us to meet up occasionally and see each other's home theater set up.

It may help new people too. Ofcourse it will be disturbing to have visitors every now and then.... But once in a few months won't hurt...

Nobody will force any way... So interested people can say hello here... Post their location in hyderabad, and current setup.

Lets hope it will be fun and useful

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't post about your setup and location.
My setup genelec 8040b speakers with genelec 7060b subwoofer. Connected directly to laptop or phone for audio ( temporary).
Sony hw-40es projector, liberty Grand view 110 inch screen.
Location Banjara hills, road number 12.

Ya...I was in a hurry to go out ....
I stay near Jntu Kukatpally.

Current setup:
Avr: Yamaha Rxv681

Speakers: Taga Platinum One, Platinum C90SL, Platinum S90SL + 12inch sub with a diy amp (trying to add one more diy sub)
Using 2 satellite speakers from Yamaha Yht196 for atmos.

Display: Viewsonic Pjd7720HD; Lg55"Tv

Player: Using laptop for now, and Airtel DthHD.

Last edited:
Hi...i live in gachibowli. And my system sounds like crap, never mind what it is :)

If any of you ever have any doubts about a room's interference with SQ, I can convince you in 30 seconds :)

That's a nice way of putting it through.... ☺️☺️☺️ My earlier setup Yamaha Yht196 Avr+TagaTAV606SE sounded very flat and left me disappointed for months together. I broke my head with all settings. But after moving to a small closed room, the same setup sounded awesome !!! Agreed...Room plays a major role in sq. !!!

Last edited:
Great idea indeed to have this thread for Hydrabadis. I stay at Malakpet and i do have 2 setups.
1) Torvin 5.1 driven by my PC exclusively setup in bedroom.
2) Recently acquired 7.2 Marantz 5006 AVR along with TAGA 606 SE 5.0 package. Sub yet to be purchased ( looking for a 10 inch preowned)
I heartfully welcome suggestions to refine my setup.

I fully agree with naveenbnc...

We Indians are probably the only ones, who mostly buy blind. So atleast with this thread, prospective buyers will know where they can hear something before buying. So here goes my list....i have a mish mash of various stuff. And I keep shuffling between them.

Amps / AVR : marantz sr6011, parasound halo integrated, blue sound powernode, Sony str-dn 850, and in another week a devialet d-premier.

Speakers : qacoustics q7000i 5.1 package, qacoustics concept 40 + concept centre speakers, pmc twenty 26 + pmc twenty center speaker.

And as I mentioned before , no matter the combination of any speaker with any amp...it all just sounds crap :D:rolleyes::cool::cool:

Doesn't matter if we have a good setup or not... Any fm from hyd can get to know each other...

I fully agree with naveenbnc...

We Indians are probably the only ones, who mostly buy blind. So atleast with this thread, prospective buyers will know where they can hear something before buying. So here goes my list....i have a mish mash of various stuff. And I keep shuffling between them.

Amps / AVR : marantz sr6011, parasound halo integrated, blue sound powernode, Sony str-dn 850, and in another week a devialet d-premier.

Speakers : qacoustics q7000i 5.1 package, qacoustics concept 40 + concept centre speakers, pmc twenty 26 + pmc twenty center speaker.

And as I mentioned before , no matter the combination of any speaker with any amp...it all just sounds crap :D:rolleyes::cool::cool:
Good setup bro !!!☺️☺️☺️ Actually... I should say it's a great setup. Mine is no where near to yours at all.... But a small closed room did the trick for me. Fully satisfied "for now" ☺️☺️

Nobody will force any way... So interested people can say hello here... Post their location in hyderabad,
that should be the Spirit (or there should be spirit ?). I am at Banjara Hills , I keep changing my Config often, Currently stuck with Marantz and Schiit..
Any fm from hyd can get to know each other...
Yes we can have a small group and review products by doing Blind AB testing. Time constraints keep us apart I guess. at least WA group should be good to begin with .
So here goes my list....i
Yes, you have one of the impressive setups, especially the Parasound and PMC, I need to see the synergy sometime.

Nice thread.even I wanted to start this thread.right now I'm using marantz sr 6012, taga harmony platinum f120 as fronts.waiting for center and surrounds and sub woofer.

Little titbit,couple of weeks back I and @Naveenbnc met eachother and checked our systems.its a good interactive session.

Good setup bro !!!☺️☺️☺️ Actually... I should say it's a great setup. Mine is no where near to yours at all.... But a small closed room did the trick for me. Fully satisfied "for now" ☺️☺️

Hi naveen...thanks for your kind words :)

But we should never compare setups. There is no end in this pitless hobby. Do we enjoy our system is all that matters. You seem to be enjoying your system in your new room, and iam not. And no amount of kit or specifications can change that.
So I would say...mine is no where near yours :)

that's a nice perspective to look at !!!
Its true !!! all that matters is whether we are enjoying or not !!!:):)
I will be happy till the next upgrade bug bites. Don't want it soon ;):oops::oops:

Hey guys! I’m in marredpally and not much into HT. Have an all Rega setup that recently moved rooms and yet to figure out room treatment. I also have Dali with CA amp in another room which, I can definitely live without any room treatment. I’ve tried a lot of cables on both the setups and they definitely seem to make a lot of difference (at least to my ears!)

Hey guys! I’m in marredpally and not much into HT. Have an all Rega setup that recently moved rooms and yet to figure out room treatment. I also have Dali with CA amp in another room which, I can definitely live without any room treatment. I’ve tried a lot of cables on both the setups and they definitely seem to make a lot of difference (at least to my ears!)

Hi nikhili...welcome to our forum disclosures happening today :)

When ever you get to treating your room, please do let me know how you went along. I desperately need to address my room at the moment :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back