FX-Audio D802C vs SMSL Q5 Pro

apbinu

Hi FM,

I'm planning to get a second system setup for my room, hence looking for compact DAC & bookshelf spks. Shortlisted following options, requesting to pour-in with your valuable suggestions/inputs on below DAC or some other which you think i should be considering. Max budget of 9k for DAC. Will be using it majorly for music, playing songs from mobile / laptop :)

SMSL Q5 Pro - +ve got sub out, excellent remote however lacks bluetooth connectivity. Got good reviews overall but power output : 45W + 45W (4 Ohm) 25W + 25W (8 ohm) is that sufficient & is the sound signature detailed ? :confused:

FX-Audio D802C - +ve includes bluetooth connectivity but lacks sub out (not that important) Power out:80W+80W(4ohm)/ 50W+50W(8ohm) not many reviews/feedback & is the sound signature detailed ?

Looking for compact bookshelf spks too, might be anywhere betn 5" - 6" driver, max budget of 8k for a pair.

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

Here is a similar thread, which can be of help - http://www.hifivision.com/amplifier...-d802-vs-other-stereo-digital-amplifiers.html

SMSL Q5 Pro - +ve got sub out, excellent remote however lacks bluetooth connectivity. Got good reviews overall but power output : 45W + 45W (4 Ohm) 25W + 25W (8 ohm) is that sufficient & is the sound signature detailed ? :confused:

I have been using the SMSL Q5 Pro for abt 4 months time approx..No issues with it so far.. Have paired it Sonodyne Sonus 1501 BS (86db) and Klipsch Rp 160M (96db) efficient speakers.. It has enough power to fill my room of 14 feet length x 11 feet wide..

I was initially skeptical abt 25w at 8 ohms, as i initially paired it with Sonodyne 86 db/8 Ohms speaker..But it has more than enough power.. When i paired it with Klipsch for sometime, felt the HF was little skewed, but overtime it disappeared.. I would say clean sounding...

Sub-Out produces, a Mono signal upto 200hz.. If it had a crossover setting, would have been really wonderful..

OTOH, if you like to experiment with it, add 2-way efficient satellites + dual subs and it can serve as your main stereo very well...

FX-Audio D802C - +ve includes bluetooth connectivity but lacks sub out (not that important) Power out:80W+80W(4ohm)/ 50W+50W(8ohm) not many reviews/feedback & is the sound signature detailed ?

This was an other system i considered, dropped it as it didn't have sub-out. But this amplifier has more power then SMSL Q5 Pro

Looking for compact bookshelf spks too, might be anywhere betn 5" - 6" driver, max budget of 8k for a pair. Cheers,Binu AP

If you don't want to add sub, then this should fit your requirement.. Bookshelf/Monitor : OEM SE 420 Speaker Black finish (PAIR)

8 Ohms, 91db efficient.. so easy load..

Somehow more inclined towards FX-Audio D802C looking at the config i.e. bluetooth connectivity & power output :licklips: Subout is not my priority which i can still connect through high line inputs to sub---> speakers. However been said that i think SMSL Q5 Pro is compact & overall build quality is better. I can always go for external Logitech/belkin bluetooth receiver however additional 1500/-

I'm confused :confused::confused::confused:

If you don't want to add sub, then this should fit your requirement.. Bookshelf/Monitor : OEM SE 420 Speaker Black finish (PAIR)

8 Ohms, 91db efficient.. so easy load..

Are these good Monitors ? didn't find any reviews on it. not sure if it would be capable to deliver some of those low freq as i don't have any plans to connect the sub. Hence expecting the Bookshelf/Monitor to deliver some decent punch which would please my ears ;)

Somehow more inclined towards FX-Audio D802C looking at the config i.e. bluetooth connectivity & power output :licklips: Subout is not my priority which i can still connect through high line inputs to sub---> speakers.

An other FM @Jith77 recently got FX Audio D802c - Here are his impressions - http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/64814-review-topping-t22-amplifier-4.html#post715472

However been said that i think SMSL Q5 Pro is compact & overall build quality is better. I can always go for external Logitech/belkin bluetooth receiver however additional 1500/-

I'm confused :confused::confused::confused:

If FX Audio already has it and you don't need subout, FX makes a better choice..

Where are you planning to get it from? Aliexpress?

Are these good Monitors ? didn't find any reviews on it. not sure if it would be capable to deliver some of those low freq as i don't have any plans to connect the sub. Hence expecting the Bookshelf/Monitor to deliver some decent punch which would please my ears ;)

No experience with them.. But recollect seeing FM @magma post abt this speaker on some thread.. To me, these speakers very closely resemble JBL control one..

One more product from FX Audio, if you wish to consider FX Audio M-200E, Has one Digital Input (USB), bluetooth, Sub-out, USB Input (FLAC/WAV), SD card too for the same price as SMSL Q5 Pro / FX Audio D802C - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FX-AUDIO-M-200E-MINI-HIFI-high-fidelity-amplifier-support-U-disk-SD-card-lossless-Bluetooth/32566236516.html?spm=2114.12010108.1000013.16.krkbia&scm=1007.13339.33317.0&pvid=0699a59c-3910-4315-8253-5ba0625da7c2&tpp=1

Check some youtube videos to get some fair understanding on product functionality..

An other FM @Jith77 recently got FX Audio D802c - Here are his impressions - http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/64814-review-topping-t22-amplifier-4.html#post715472
Thanks did go through the thread, looks like the remote range is a concern. How about SMSL Q5 Pro any issues/concerns?

If FX Audio already has it and you don't need subout, FX makes a better choice..

Where are you planning to get it from? Aliexpress?
Yes Aliexpress, The price has gone up i think it has to do with dollar - Rupee conversion i guess.

No experience with them.. But recollect seeing FM @magma post abt this speaker on some thread.. To me, these speakers very closely resemble JBL control one..
Might pref to go with MA BX1/2, JBL Loft 30, wharfedale diamond 9/10 series BS even if its avlb in pre-owned within my budget ;)

One more product from FX Audio, if you wish to consider FX Audio M-200E

Looks good, however missing Digital inputs & the vol knob :(

I purchased IAMD V200 which is at par with the above models. Additionally i got wifi facility. Only thing is there is no subwoofer out. Headphone out can be used as sw out but in that case main speakers will stay off. The sound quality is very good.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

Thanks did go through the thread, looks like the remote range is a concern. How about SMSL Q5 Pro any issues/concerns?

I use SMSL Q5 Pro remote approx 13feet range..No issues..

Yes Aliexpress, The price has gone up i think it has to do with dollar - Rupee conversion i guess.

FX D802c was aval in Aliexpress for around $80 a week back, i remember a FM said he paid 7K odd.. Wait until Christmas/new year time for any benefit..

Might pref to go with MA BX1/2, JBL Loft 30, wharfedale diamond 9/10 series BS even if its avlb in pre-owned within my budget ;)

Then fine.. 8K budget i thought new..Efficient speakers better...

Looks good, however missing Digital inputs & the vol knob :(

Right.. Only one digital input.. Vol knob, you have +/- buttons and Prev / Next buttons too.. So handy if you are using it on table/desk and sit close..

Someone who knows says that the FX-Audio D802c [with BT] does not sound as good as the FX-Audio D802. So take an informed decision.

Your right, I think it should be worth waiting for few weeks for Christmas/new year discounts ;)

Someone who knows says that the FX-Audio D802c [with BT] does not sound as good as the FX-Audio D802. So take an informed decision.

Checked the specf online both are using the similar config - STA326 Class D remote power Amplifier Coaxial/Optical/USB Input 2*80W/4? High power Digital power Silver +DC32V Power Supply.Only addition to D802C is the Bluetooth receiver chip CSR57E6, support lossless transmission, might be that's not so gr8 or the input source has to be better.

Anyone using FX-Audio D802C (with BT) feedback/inputs will be much appreciated :thumbsup:

In the mean while let me open a thread in "Wanted" section for any pre-owned FX-Audio D802C/D802 / SMSL Q5 Pro & Bookshelf on sale which fits my budget too :cool:

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

Back