Fyne Audio F303

Where do you wish to use it, movies or music or both?
What amplifier are you planning to use it with?
mostly for music
Marantz PM8006, as of now

Have heard the F303 and F500. Buy the F500 for around the same price - far superior speaker.
I don't think anyone on earth will give F500 for the same price of F303 ;)

If u r ready to give, I'm here to get it :cool:

Thats a wonderful deal.
If I'm right - the price of Dali Oberon 5 is 75,990/- and just 6000 more that F500, is not a wonderful deal

I use a psb alpha T20 with nad c368 and had a demo of both the fyne 303 and the T20 and found the psb to be have more balanced sound, so maybe you can have a look at them if possible. Used cambridge cxa80 and the nad c368 with the fyne 303 for demo and with the cambridge it sound bright and shrill in the high's with decent mids but the bass was thin, with the nad the brightness and shrill was reduced somewhat with more heft in the bass but it still felt more inclined on the mids and high's. All this compared to the T20

If I'm right - the price of Dali Oberon 5 is 75,990/- and just 6000 more that F500, is not a wonderful deal

Not sure on what you are looking for in sound and your amplification . really cannot compare them just in terms of the price to say which is better.
If you are alooking at Fyne audio then the 500 is better than the 3o3 at that price for the mid range and most music you might listen to but will also need a good stand and only if the amplification is good enough to drive it.
Also depends on your room...for a smallish room the F500 might play better than the dali and vice versa.

But of you like the sound of the Dali , then thats good as well but the topic of your thread was on Fyne. else the Sound Artist LS 3/5 at 69K is also a great deal if you like its sound and so on

Last edited:

Between floorstanders and bookshelves of a similar price(unless the latter is overpriced), it's the bookshelf that'll usually give a better sound unless what you crave for is bass and particularly, deep bass extension in a large room.

Not sure on what you are looking for in sound and your amplification . really cannot compare them just in terms of the price to say which is better.
If you are alooking at Fyne audio then the 500 is better than the 3o3 at that price for the mid range and most music you might listen to but will also need a good stand and only if the amplification is good enough to drive it.
Also depends on your room...for a smallish room the F500 might play better than the dali and vice versa.

But of you like the sound of the Dali , then thats good as well but the topic of your thread was on Fyne. else the Sound Artist LS 3/5 at 69K is also a great deal if you like its sound and so on

I wasn't looking for F303, but was enquiring about Elac DBR 62 to the KEI Chennai

Then the person whom I was enquiring, prescribed to consider F303 as they are the dealer for Fyne Audio too

Since there was no possibility of getting a demo on F303, thought of getting FM's experience with it

ok..since this thread is only about Fyne that was not clear untill Dali popped in.

I wasn't looking for F303, but was enquiring about Elac DBR 62 to the KEI Chennai

Then the person whom I was enquiring, prescribed to consider F303 as they are the dealer for Fyne Audio too

Since there was no possibility of getting a demo on F303, thought of getting FM's experience with it

Do audition DBR62 with your amp, they are power hungry speakers. Hopefully Marantz 8006 shouldn't be a problem.

Do audition DBR62 with your amp, they are power hungry speakers. Hopefully Marantz 8006 shouldn't be a problem.
Auditioning the speakers is the biggest problem I face here

I requested for audition to the dealer but he said, its not possible for both DBR62 and F303

That's the reason I came here to get the user experience if any (F303)

I can understand, mere user's experience cannot get u good idea about a speaker but until we hear it

Unfortunately, when audition is not possible the next only possible thing we can rely on is the user's experience

Reg DBR62 with PM8006, I too believe it may pair well, again this is not based on audition but on few reviews and Youtube videos that had this combo

Hi,
I have all the speakers in the F300 series except F302. As others mentioned fyne is a lively speaker and not laid back. The bass is very controlled&tight and if you prefer deep bass f300 isn't great. F301 bookshelf speakers paired with F3-12 sub is a what I liked the most. I use it with a modest yamaha receiver rxv 685.
F500 bookshelf is miles ahead and would do justice to Marantz 8006.

Auditioning the speakers is the biggest problem I face here

I requested for audition to the dealer but he said, its not possible for both DBR62 and F303

That's the reason I came here to get the user experience if any (F303)

I can understand, mere user's experience cannot get u good idea about a speaker but until we hear it

Unfortunately, when audition is not possible the next only possible thing we can rely on is the user's experience

Reg DBR62 with PM8006, I too believe it may pair well, again this is not based on audition but on few reviews and Youtube videos that had this combo
This sums up the sorry state of affairs in India. We have huge taxes, which makes kit disproportionately expensive.

But my beef is really with the dealers. They earn a 40% margin on the MRP. And they expect that they are entitled to earn it by not having any kit on hand or offering a demo. Pathetic..

This sums up the sorry state of affairs in India. We have huge taxes, which makes kit disproportionately expensive.

But my beef is really with the dealers. They earn a 40% margin on the MRP. And they expect that they are entitled to earn it by not having any kit on hand or offering a demo. Pathetic..
Manohar Garu !!

I was about to share my latest experience, which is a positive one and hence my post

On 9th of September I had Home audition of few speakers and IA's from various dealers on the same day

XTZ Spirit 4 and IOTAVX SA3 from MAX Electronics - the dealer Mr.Panneer was indeed a good guy, who instantly accepted to my request to give me those for Home audition on 8th evening and he informed me to return it on 11th morning. The surprise thing in this was, he handed over the IOTAVX SA3 and speakers with stand, Speaker Cables, RCA Cable to me, he didn't even bother to send anyone with me. I brought and set it in my home. More importantly, we just met once when I went for audition to his place a week before. How many will give these to someone whom we know nothing about, except that I come from a nearby area to him ?

PSB Alpha T20 and Bluesound Powernode from Rakhiwala - the dealer was Mr.Gajendra, he too accepted to my request and sent those on 9th September for 3 hours for home audition

Marantz PM 8006 - from D cinemas - sent for 2 hrs for audition

One of my friend brought his Dali Oberon 5 too

We tried various combination and to us, PSB Alpha T20 and Marantz PM8006 was good

On 17th I purchased PSB Alpha T20

I was lucky enough and thanks for those Dealers for giving their gears for Home audition because of which I was able to take a decision and finalise the speakers and Amp.

I have decided to get the Amp [Marantz PM8006] from MAX Electronics, Mr. Paneer, for his good heart and great support

Hope to get it by next week and will update soon

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back