gaming thread.

Hi all,

I'm glad this thread for gaming was existing in our forum. Saved me lot of time gathering info on the net.

My son, a 11 year old brat has been pestering me for a gaming device in general and PSP in particular. He even persuaded my mom into part sponsoring the purchase and the old lady has promptly deposited 7k in my bank account.

I checked the local market. X Box is way above @ 17k thereabouts.

PSP 2 is 6k but requires to be connected to TV so my wife & daughter are against it.

PSP portable is 9.5 k.

Guys, my budget is 10k. Is PSP portable a worthy buy??

Kindly advise me:)

PSP is the best hand held out there to me, It's catalogue isn't as diverse as it's big brothers but it can keep your son occupied for months. I had moved myself from a PSP to PS3 due to the lack of games during 2008, However the situation has been improving a lot. What sort of Game Genres will your son be playing - We can then recommend games according to that.

You could also use it to play music & movies on the move. However gaming connected to TV will look horrible. Because It doesn't stretch full screen and will only do 640*480 if I remember correctly. So your Son will pretty much not connect it to the TV. Also there are several revisions of PSP - 2003, 3003 & Go. The differences are pretty minimal, 3003 has a mic and a better screen (Some people complained about ghosting etc - But I never saw that) and in PSP Go they have removed UMD Drive in order to curb piracy and everything will be digital download.

But if your Son wants to connect it to the TV & play PSP has to be ruled out, He has to save some more money before getting an Xbox 360 or PS3.

Hi all,

I'm glad this thread for gaming was existing in our forum. Saved me lot of time gathering info on the net.

My son, a 11 year old brat has been pestering me for a gaming device in general and PSP in particular. He even persuaded my mom into part sponsoring the purchase and the old lady has promptly deposited 7k in my bank account.

I checked the local market. X Box is way above @ 17k thereabouts.

PSP 2 is 6k but requires to be connected to TV so my wife & daughter are against it.

PSP portable is 9.5 k.

Guys, my budget is 10k. Is PSP portable a worthy buy??

Kindly advise me:)

The true potential of PSP is harnessed when you hack it. I know not all are interested in it and few not even bothered, but hacking brings so much out of the gadget that its kinda inevitable to bring this in to picture. What are the advantage of hacking this machine.........the same which goes with xbox 360 but much more. With PSP you dont need to buy UMDs to play the game. All games are ripped off the UMD in ISO/CSO format and available online, but that is just the tip of the iceberg, with a Hacked PSP, not only you dont need UMD to play games, people have written zillions of cool applications called HomeBrew (for example ebook reader, comic book reader, youtube viewer, application to exploite the wifi...etc...etc) for the same. Then there are emulators, through which you can run the good old N64/PS1/GBA games, like the populer Mario Bros, PAC Man, TANK etc and all PS1 games.
But ofcourse best is the ability to play games without the UMD. Just get the iso file copy it on the mem stick and you are good to go.

Again I say not all carter to the segment of hacking..... and stuff like that but since its the PSP query I culdnt stop my self chipping in my few cents....

Last edited:
Hi CaptRajesh,
I think for your 11 year old son to play games computer is the best option. If you have a decent computer just get a xbox 360 controller which you can plug in the usb a port and turns your computer a decent gaming rig with the addition of a graphics card. The games are much cheaper and also craked games are easily available in the net. Not sure if you want to introduce him to the concept of cracked gams at an early age.
Thanks.

I think for your 11 year old son to play games computer is the best option.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. Nut I don't think that brat would take to that suggestion kindly. He is disparate to have it. There is a Hindi term to describe it 'JUNOON'

I checked & found that Nintendo Wii is also pretty close.

Which one should I buy Nintendo or PSP portable?

I have only two hours to buy as I am required to buy it by tonight.:eek:

hi Rajesh,
I don't have any first hand experience with either nintendo wii or psp.Sorry no idea. I think you should look for a deal that offers maximum free games to start with. That will keep your son occupied for a while.:)
Thanks.

hi Rajesh,
I don't have any first hand experience with either nintendo wii or psp.Sorry no idea. I think you should look for a deal that offers maximum free games to start with. That will keep your son occupied for a while.:)
Thanks.

Hi Mahi

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Will keep it in mind.

Regards

Thank you very much for the suggestion. Nut I don't think that brat would take to that suggestion kindly. He is disparate to have it. There is a Hindi term to describe it 'JUNOON'

I checked & found that Nintendo Wii is also pretty close.

Which one should I buy Nintendo or PSP portable?

I have only two hours to buy as I am required to buy it by tonight.:eek:

Both are completely Different.

Nintendo Wii is more family oriented and requires to be conected to the TV which you told your OH & Kid don't like to. But once you've showed them the Wii I'm sure your son will not be allowed to use it at all :p. There are lots of bad games on Wii than good games. If it's just going to be used by your Son then I wouldn't recommend it, you'll feel very bored after sometime.

Do take him to showroom with you and if possible allow him to play with both and explain him the factors we've told so far.

@ Everyone - Request you not to please openly discuss piracy, That's what has killed PC gaming so far. No offence to any of the posts above.

Yeah teky I've seen the wii at Croma. You are right.

Thats it guys

I've decided. I'm going for PSP. Will post the update on that.

Thank you all:)

anyone playing bioshock2 and heavy rain please share ur experience :)

I have Bioshock 2, but have not yet started...Heavy Rain is not on PC so that is out for me. Instead Alan Wake is the title I am looking forward to which is somewhat similar to Heavy rain AFA the game play goes....

Playing COD 4-MW 2 currenctly and I am loving it....

i have bought god of war 3 and its awesome guys aweeeeeeeesome :yahoo: :cool:

Great ..its too addictive.
I got hooked to it way too much that i cudnt wait till i finished it.

One of the highly detailed gameplay, graphics, physics, camera angle and over all direction. Sound track is not to missed ...it creates a the environment of suspense and action.

Love every bit of it.

Great ..its too addictive.
I got hooked to it way too much that i cudnt wait till i finished it.

One of the highly detailed gameplay, graphics, physics, camera angle and over all direction. Sound track is not to missed ...it creates a the environment of suspense and action.

Love every bit of it.

i totally agree with u on that :cool:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back