Garrard 301 with SME 3012 tonearm

kuruvilajacob

Hi folks,
I managed to buy a mint condition Garrard 301 with 3012 tonearm. It sounds wonderful beyond my expectation. It exceeds other players I have in seperation,soundstaging, details,and all other factors. I use a Shure 97 cartridge with it. I will post some pictures later. I want to know if any members can share their experience with me . kuruvilajacob

Hi,

Wellcome to Garrard family. Take care of the baby & it will take care of your musical needs for years to come. Pics r welcome.

Brgds,

Bhaskar

Hi,

Congratulations.

It is certainly different sounding from the AR,Thorens and other suspended belt drives.There is no holding back a Garrard 301 it comes at you all guns blazing.

Regards
Rajiv

I suppose it is a classic combination. Yes, we need pictures.
Is it a replinthed/modded or still in stock form ?

Hi folks, I am attaching two photos of my Garrard 301 with SME 3012 tonearm. It is a custom made plinth by SME and the dust cover is also by SME.it is improving everyday. I use a Prima Luna Prologue one amp and Yaqin MS-12 B phono preamp with KLH model five speakers. I have a special room designed with room accoustics for this. You are welcome to come and listen any time. you won't be disappointed
kuruvilajacob

Last edited:
That TT looks absolutely gorgeous. Congrats on the buy. Its not too easy to come by such a nice piece. I have seen a friend of mine add a heavier mat for a 401 that improved the bass, dynamics and separation quite significantly. Also this TT can take lots of different tonearms if you are interested in experimenting. Same with stylii as well.

Hi folks, I am attaching two photos of my Garrard 301 with SME 3012 tonearm. It is a custom made plinth by SME and the dust cover is also by SME.it is improving everyday. I use a Prima Luna Prologue one amp and Yaqin MS-12 B phono preamp with KLH model five speakers. I have a special room designed with room accoustics for this. You are welcome to come and listen any time. you won't be disappointed
kuruvilajacob

Lovely:thumbsup:

Regards,
Sachin

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back