Garrard 301 with SME 3012 tonearm

Looks lovely kuruvilajacob. The garrard looks very well maintained you're lucky! You might want to consider one of the plinth styles the loricraft way or the constrained layer one to get better results. Most people who come by those old sme plinths discard them as soon as they can cos it's just a hollow wooden box I think. I've seen them advertised on original SME tonearm leaflets I have.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Stevieboy and others,
Yes inside of the plinth is hollow. I want to modify it. I would welcome suggestions. I also have a AR the turntable, Denon DP 60 L, Technics SL 1200 with orinal TPA tonearm,Onkyo integra CP 1057F, thorens TD 150 manufactured by EMT,Thorens Jubilee,TD 125 ,126,Sony PS 8275 and several vintage turntables restored. I have just resigned from my job. I am planning to start a website offering to sell Turntables,records, cleaning records and serving and restoring turntables. I just love vinyl and analogue reproductions. The turntables mentioned above are not for sale.Regds kuruvilajacob

That's in a very beautiful condition. You are truly lucky.

As stevieboy suggested, a new plinth should take the performance to a higher level.

That garrard is looking great. Congrats.
I also have a AR the turntable, Denon DP 60 L, Technics SL 1200 with orinal TPA tonearm,Onkyo integra CP 1057F, thorens TD 150 manufactured by EMT,Thorens Jubilee,TD 125 ,126,Sony PS 8275 and several vintage turntables restored. I have just resigned from my job. I am planning to start a website offering to sell Turntables,records, cleaning records and serving and restoring turntables.
:licklips:
The turntables mentioned above are not for sale.Regds kuruvilajacob
:sad:
Bro what will you do with all the turntables ????
<Hint> Spread the happiness ;)
Best regards

Dear Stevieboy and others,
Yes inside of the plinth is hollow. I want to modify it. I would welcome suggestions. I also have a AR the turntable, Denon DP 60 L, Technics SL 1200 with orinal TPA tonearm,Onkyo integra CP 1057F, thorens TD 150 manufactured by EMT,Thorens Jubilee,TD 125 ,126,Sony PS 8275 and several vintage turntables restored. I have just resigned from my job. I am planning to start a website offering to sell Turntables,records, cleaning records and serving and restoring turntables. I just love vinyl and analogue reproductions. The turntables mentioned above are not for sale.Regds kuruvilajacob

That would be super Kuruvilajacob! Will await your website! As for suggestions for your plinth, a 25mm ply board on squash balls, enclosed or left open. Or a CLD plinth with multi layers of plyboard shaped to enclose the motor. Just google Loricraft plinth for reference pictures to choose your exact implementation.

Regards

I have a garrard schedule 1 grey greasebearing 301 with sme 3009 arm fitted with ortofon spu mc running thru ortofon verto step up trannie into mm phono input of phase linear 4000 preamp.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back