GET PS3 HDMI to connect to BENQ PE8700 projector??

relativ9di

I cant get the signal from PS3 HDMI to my Benq PE8700. I have tried a cabel HDMI to DVI on the projector. The DVI plug is a DVI-D, is that the problem? Should every DVI, you plug in the PE8700 be DVI-I and not DVI-D? Is that why the projector cant find a signal, even on 576p.... The cable i'm talking about, it works on a multimediabox, but i only get 576p on it. I connect my pc to the PE8700 with VGA with DVI-I Adapter to RGBHV (DTV RGB), and that works perfectly. Anyway, can you please help me.. I would like to play PS3 on my BENQ PE8700 on something better then the AV Multi/SCART cabel. I read on the internet that the reason for not getting any image through from HDMI to the DVI on the projector was because of error or corruption on the projectors EDID. So that freaked me out a bit. Hope for a quick and helpful answer.

Iv'e attached a photo of the inputs on my projector, so you may give me the best PS3 HDMI to "what input" on the PE8700 that will work best.. Sincerely

Attachments

• 20140203_230617.jpg
    20140203_230617.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 41
once connected to the hdmi output from PS3 to projector, I hope you've tried holding down the power button, it cycles through all the available outputs

I'm still trying everything i can think of. Last thing, I ordered a HDMI to RGB cabel. Try to get the signal from PS3 to the projector using RGB..... im not giving up

Last edited:
once connected to the hdmi output from PS3 to projector, I hope you've tried holding down the power button, it cycles through all the available outputs

Thanks for the reply. :) Yes, it was the first thing i tried. Today i got the HDMI to DVI-I cabel in the mail that i ordered. It didn't help at all. The screen was still as black as space.

But last night i discovered one thing. My Ac.Ryan PlayonHD multimedia box, when connected to the Projector, it always went automaticly to 576p, and there were no other options. So yesterday, i connected my Tv to PlayonHD box with RGB cable at the same time connected it to the Benq,, with Hdmi to DVI-D cabel. Before i connected the DVI-D part of the cabel in the projector, i went on "setup" on the PlayonHD box and i chose 1080i. Then i connected the cabel in DVI on the projector and started it. It didnt automaticly go to 576p as it usually does. It stayed on 1080i and it was amazing to see my Benq pr8700 finally with a 1080 resolution. On the PlayonHD box i actually had some options now. 560p - 720i - 1080i. This is very strange. It's like you have to "force" the resolution thru. Now, Playstation 3!!! How the hell am i suppose to get PS3 with a higher resolution then the crappy old scart on my BenQ PE8700???

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back