Go to favourite Scenes on Netflix/Prime to test the Subwoofer

5 pages on this thread and I am bit surprised nobody mentioned the bass killer movies that we often listen in another forums. Also, I have noticed these two movies nobody does a demo either a dedicated HT showroom or at Home in India. Based on these two only I have decided my Sub upgrades.

Whoever comes to my house for a demo, I always make sure to show them the bits of the below 2 movies. My colleagues and friends never felt this shaken/rattle noise/deep impact/ chest pounding/ rumble effects till now.....

1. First 2 mins of Edge of Tomorrow! Almost a Sub killer as many say. Extremely low freq. I think it goes in single digit or around 10-12 Hz
2. Race Scene in the starting post 15-20 mins I think from the movie Ready Player One, Another bass and LFE testing movie. Will shake your walls/glasses and window panes for untreated rooms.

Just notice the Cone movements during these scenes on your subs and also on youtube videos.

5 pages on this thread and I am bit surprised nobody mentioned the bass killer movies that we often listen in another forums. Also, I have noticed these two movies nobody does a demo either a dedicated HT showroom or at Home in India. Based on these two only I have decided my Sub upgrades.

Whoever comes to my house for a demo, I always make sure to show them the bits of the below 2 movies. My colleagues and friends never felt this shaken/rattle noise/deep impact/ chest pounding/ rumble effects till now.....

1. First 2 mins of Edge of Tomorrow! Almost a Sub killer as many say. Extremely low freq. I think it goes in single digit or around 10-12 Hz
2. Race Scene in the starting post 15-20 mins I think from the movie Ready Player One, Another bass and LFE testing movie. Will shake your walls/glasses and window panes for untreated rooms.

Just notice the Cone movements during these scenes on your subs and also on youtube videos.
PB 4000 dig down to 13hz , no doubt the tactile response you are mentioning would be so alluring to experience :)

With people like us still sitting at 17hz would miss it big time

Love the scenes from Ready Player One indeed

PB 4000 dig down to 13hz , no doubt the tactile response you are mentioning would be so alluring to experience :)

With people like us still sitting at 17hz would miss it big time

Love the scenes from Ready Player One indeed

The PB2KPro is damn good one Anki! You should be proud of it. I know it did great with HT but I have not heard them in a stereo yet. Hope it does good in there as well ?

Even the SVSPC12 Plus is no slouch either, Think that also goes upto 16Hz.

OT:- Would like to Add, The Accountant, Gunshots scene. Absolute test of all your speakers and surround effects of Bullets!

The PB2KPro is damn good one Anki! You should be proud of it. I know it did great with HT but I have not heard them in a stereo yet. Hope it does good in there as well ?

Even the SVSPC12 Plus is no slouch either, Think that also goes upto 16Hz.

OT:- Would like to Add, The Accountant, Gunshots scene. Absolute test of all your speakers and surround effects of Bullets!
PB2000 Pro made my system shine :)
It is tight, detailed and sufficiently Room filling.
It does make me "feel" the air moving around sometimes in deep and loud bass scenes but the tactile is missing for obvious reasons. I am able to hit 102db for 20hz also :)

Those 2 gunshots in the beginning in Accountant are good reference for the chest hitting bass :) , I really have to throttle a lot to feel a little bit physically. My Room is 20*18*9 and probably I need another Sub to pair with PB2000 Pro to hit below 15hz to be able to get a proper tactile response.

PB2000 Pro made my system shine :)
It is tight, detailed and sufficiently Room filling.
It does make me "feel" the air moving around sometimes in deep and loud bass scenes but the tactile is missing for obvious reasons. I am able to hit 102db for 20hz also :)

Those 2 gunshots in the beginning in Accountant are good reference for the chest hitting bass :) , I really have to throttle a lot to feel a little bit physically. My Room is 20*18*9 and probably I need another Sub to pair with PB2000 Pro to hit below 15hz to be able to get a proper tactile response.
Well, i see you are using pb 1000 along with pb 2000 pro. I already own pb 1000, was thinking about selling pb 1000 and getting pb 2000 pro instead as so far from what i read it's not recommended to mix 2 different subs. How did you do it? (Big Noobie here though) lol

My setup is really basic in small bedroom(11x10ft) :/ so i am still confused should i change my sub or wait till i get a bigger room.

Well, i see you are using pb 1000 along with pb 2000 pro. I already own pb 1000, was thinking about selling pb 1000 and getting pb 2000 pro instead as so far from what i read it's not recommended to mix 2 different subs. How did you do it? (Big Noobie here though) lol

My setup is really basic in small bedroom(11x10ft) :/ so i am still confused should i change my sub or wait till i get a bigger room.

You can do that using Mini DSP/UmiK for managing bass with different set of subwoofers. There is also a software for that REW (Room Equilizer Wizard) You can check web for that.

Trust me, you just need another PB 1000 and specially now when it's discontinued there shall be plenty of deals. Dual sub of same make and preferably same specs would be way better than one powerful sub.

You can rather invest money in MiniDSP and a measurement mic. You will be amazed by result of 2 moderate subs as against one powerful sub.

Trust me, you just need another PB 1000 and specially now when it's discontinued there shall be plenty of deals. Dual sub of same make and preferably same specs would be way better than one powerful sub.

You can rather invest money in MiniDSP and a measurement mic. You will be amazed by result of 2 moderate subs as against one powerful sub.

Well Agreed to the point that you will get wave cancellation and equal bass across much larger area, but when it comes to serious SPL, A powerful 15" or 18" sub always generates much higher spl in db compared to lower models than lower 12"/10" duals or sometimes even quads.

Duals are often considered better to fill up a room but definitely a powerful sub can really go much deeper and create thumping bass and releases more air than any lower order single or dual subs.

Hmmm that's the confusion, 2 lower subs or 1 big powerful sub lol

Well Agreed to the point that you will get wave cancellation and equal bass across much larger area, but when it comes to serious SPL, A powerful 15" or 18" sub always generates much higher spl in db compared to lower models than lower 12"/10" duals or sometimes even quads.

Duals are often considered better to fill up a room but definitely a powerful sub can really go much deeper and create thumping bass and releases more air than any lower order single or dual subs.
More confusion lol 1 powerful sub or 2 smaller ones lol

More confusion lol 1 powerful sub or 2 smaller ones lol
Ricky -- Let me make it simple for you. If you plan on upgrading your AV gear in sometime near future (Which many ppl usually do, due to upgrade bug :p ) then My suggestion is to get a very good powerful sub and then later when you have a decent amount plan for dual of the same.

But if you are really tight on budget now and this is your one time upgrade. Plan for dual that comes under your budget and just forget the rest. Enjoy them!

Note -- It usually happens that once you get a decent sub, And then when you listen to Bigger subs, Within no time you feel that you would have gone for the bigger one instead the current ones.

How are Owm3 for Atmos?
I have identical speaker setup minus the subs and Atmos speakers.

How are Owm3 for Atmos?
I have identical speaker setup minus the subs and Atmos speakers.

Bro, I have two setups. Old HT with RC80i and 2nd HT with OWM3's used as Atmos. Both are alike and you do get a decent Atmos effects like Rain/Thunder/Flying Helicopter/Gunshots from cliff/Avalanches/Floods etc. Any decent speaker if mounted on top ceiling will give you a very good Atmos.

Ricky -- Let me make it simple for you. If you plan on upgrading your AV gear in sometime near future (Which many ppl usually do, due to upgrade bug :p ) then My suggestion is to get a very good powerful sub and then later when you have a decent amount plan for dual of the same.

But if you are really tight on budget now and this is your one time upgrade. Plan for dual that comes under your budget and just forget the rest. Enjoy them!

Note -- It usually happens that once you get a decent sub, And then when you listen to Bigger subs, Within no time you feel that you would have gone for the bigger one instead the current ones.
I guess you are absolutely right here. Thank you so much.

what do you actually miss in terms of bass/LFE in your current setup?
Well mainly the punch and bass intensity at lower volumes. Like I am only able to enjoy the bass and the punch when I push the volumes on extreme levels (which is ok for testing but not for regular 2 hrs movie). And at regular listening levels I feel like there isn't any punch and even lower level rumbling impact should have been more.

I was watching Troop Zero 4K on Prime yesterday, the opening scene is the outer space. it has a moon sound mix which felt very nice. as it is subjective, I prefer sounding that gives immersive experience. I also feel many times that the mix’s of content varies and there are situations I change the levels and setting from movie to movie. I’m sure many of you have similar experiences.

I was watching Troop Zero 4K on Prime yesterday, the opening scene is the outer space. it has a moon sound mix which felt very nice. as it is subjective, I prefer sounding that gives immersive experience. I also feel many times that the mix’s of content varies and there are situations I change the levels and setting from movie to movie. I’m sure many of you have similar experiences.
shall try this

Wonderful, been fan of many scenes which are usually showcased during a demo while buying home theatre setup,So I created a 4K list of demo files which I now use to demo my theatre, if anyone interested I can share my Plex server :)
Can you share the plex server, i would be interested with the 4k clips

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back