Go to favourite Scenes on Netflix/Prime to test the Subwoofer

Wharfedale Speakers

rdksrk2013

Anyone tested any improvement in sound quality with the new generation Firestick as compared to the old firestick ? Not addition of Dolby atmos but only sound quality !

Thanks

Michelangalo

Wonderful, been fan of many scenes which are usually showcased during a demo while buying home theatre setup,So I created a 4K list of demo files which I now use to demo my theatre, if anyone interested I can share my Plex server :)
count me in too :)

ankitbhargava

I concur:)

TF and TR, but I expect that’s what you meant to type.
Right now I have Top Middle (TM) which are placed 2 feet ahead of seating and I am also planning to add two more to ceiling and struggling to understand if TF would be better or TR because I already have surrounds and surrounds rear.

liverpool_for_life

Right now I have Top Middle (TM) which are placed 2 feet ahead of seating and I am also planning to add two more to ceiling and struggling to understand if TF would be better or TR because I already have surrounds and surrounds rear.

I don't think Atmos decoders allow you to choose contiguous adjacent pairs in your situation i.e. 4 height speakers. You may have to do FH and TM/TR, if I'm not mistaken.

ankitbhargava

Movie - News of the World on Netflix
Scene - 1.49.00, the storm scene has bass and atmos sound effects so powerful that you will feel in the middle of a harsh storm

liverpool_for_life

any update here? :)

The difference in the bass in my room is significant. Simply put, there's no comparison between the 2 subs I had in my room vs the 4 I have now. None whatsoever. While the content is important, I'd wager a large portion of the difference I'm hearing is due to the additional pair of subs.

Line of Duty on Netflix (Season 5) sounded pretty darned good. Stranger (Korean drama/thriller) is a little light on the LFE, but I expect that's just the mix itself.

Started watching Palmer (Justin Timberlake as a just released convict) on Apple TV+ yesterday and it was pretty dynamic, even if, IMO, it was mixed a little hot.

Last edited:

Nitin K

A lot of sfx in the "Monster Hunter" movie. In the beginning after a few mins when Ron Perlman's ship floating over the desert gets attacked. The room gets filled with serious bass. Also when the storm approaches a few mins after that. Throughout the movie there is a lot of sfx. Pls keep the storyline aside though as it is based on a game.