Go to favourite Scenes on Netflix/Prime to test the Subwoofer

Yes when you check audio settings, you can select bitstream passthrough over HDMI. Infact if tou have Dolby app, you can select the Dolby passthrough also. I will take a picture of settings and share.
Thanks. Please do.

Also - to contribute to the main thread - the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan - the Normandy beach landing war scene has some of the most kickass audio effects I’ve listened to. Spielberg FTW!!

I see you have a minidsp 2*4 HD. Have you tried BEQ?

oh it was really easy to pull the repository from Github, I have all the Data of BEQed Movies now.
Instead of merging the BEQ file with my main config, I plan to use Config 2 to load the BEQ filters for specific Movies that I plan to watch and then I will switch to the main config again after I have watched. Sound correct?

Instead of merging the BEQ file with my main config, I plan to use Config 2 to load the BEQ filters for specific Movies that I plan to watch and then I will switch to the main config again after I have watched. Sound correct?

Haven't tried BEQ myself, I'm ashamed to admit:). Of course, I only have the 2*4 which has space for 5 filters each for the input and output. My preference is to isolate the BEQ filters on the output side and that isn't enough for most of the titles, IIRC. May be I should take another look...

Your approach sounds correct, and more importantly, safe. If there was a way to automatically load the config that bypasses the BEQ filters every time you turned on your system, that'd be the best.

I did a thorough testing of sound quality for Netflix using Xbox One S, Firestick 4K, Nvidia shield and Apple TV 4k ... Xbox came out clear winner.
Good to know... I thought of getting Nvidia shield... Now i have reason to stick with xbox one x :) :)
Even Youtube on Xbox one x sounds good with stereo!!

Both XBox and Playstation 4 are extremely efficient streamers as well as Blu Ray transports.

I did a thorough testing of sound quality for Netflix using Xbox One S, Firestick 4K, Nvidia shield and Apple TV 4k ... Xbox came out clear winner.
Thats interesting, is there a big difference in sound quality? What about amazon prime video?
And between apple tv and shield which one was better?

Thats interesting, is there a big difference in sound quality? What about amazon prime video?
And between apple tv and shield which one was better?
For Netflix - Video and Sound quality + 4K + Atmos : Xbox has been winner

For Prime Video - Video quality is best in Firestick, sound is still better in Xbox .. at least to me

Apple TV - good for Movies on Apple TV app (you may spend a lot for every movie though)

Shield TV Pro - None streaming service works better here (trust me), its only good for playing large MKVs (I am not considering Gaming). Biggest advantage is you can use inbuilt Plex and also download torrents in background.

Above is just my opinion based on the testing I have been doing often playing same content on various streamers. :)

Sorry don't remember the timestamp & most of these watched through bluray
The Dark knight 5.1 DTS HD - opening act , famous truck flip over scene , bat brawl scenes never sounded this aggressive , especially the tumbler will ram over your couch
Fury Atmos - all the tank battle scenes
T-34 (prime) opening act & tank battle serious test for the sub
Spiderman : homecoming Atmos- the ferry scene
San Andreas atmos- opening dam scene & chapter 3 the hotel scene
Lone survivor 5.1 dts hd
The outpost 5.1 dts hd
Midway Atmos - pearl Harbor attack scene
War of the world - pod scene
Cloverfield 5.1 dts hd
Pulse - climax
Gravity atmos

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back