GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers

they are at Audiovision India in Mumbai, they also have the bookshelves and 3D array soundbar.
Thank You! I checked the prices and they are too high compared to the US prices. It felt as if the prices are calculated based on US $ Price + Air Shipping + Customs + Mark Up and no dealer benefit is passed on the end customer
So I went with AG Strada from a direct seller in USA.

I wish some time soon the prices in India are at par with the US prices (as mostly all are produced in China or otherwise) so that good hifi is accesible to most price wise.

I checked the prices and they are too high compared to the US prices. It felt as if the prices are calculated based on US $ Price + Air Shipping + Customs + Mark Up and no dealer benefit is passed on the end customer
I wish some time soon the prices in India are at par with the US prices (as mostly all are produced in China or otherwise) so that good hifi is accesible to most price wise.

@ satmumbai my thought s exactly. See my experience here: http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/34645-here-we-go-again-3.html#post455611
I have noticed quite a few dealers have this type of pricing. Not a good practice, IMO, especially in this global economy. Consequently I will not patronize them and either import myself, pick up on my trips, or only work with dealers who have sane pricing.
Also the Rupee weakness has become a standard excuse whether or not it goes up or down, the selling price always goes up.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
@ satmumbai my thought s exactly. See my experience here: http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/34645-here-we-go-again-3.html#post455611
I have noticed quite a few dealers have this type of pricing. Not a good practice, IMO, especially in this global economy. Consequently I will not patronize them and either import myself, pick up on my trips, or only work with dealers who have sane pricing.
Also the Rupee weakness has become a standard excuse whether or not it goes up or down, the selling price always goes up.
Cheers,
Sid
I too would love to see lower INR prices ! however the Triton two price seems to fit within your acceptable level of 30% over US prices (as per your earlier post as below). I agree with you 30% should be the highest level over int. prices.
"So the fx rate is 10% higher now where as the MRP is 20% higher. What a ripoff! Guys don't get me wrong, I have spent close to a 7 figure sum on hi-fi equipment last year all sourced through Indian dealers, and I am ok if the msrp is 25-30% higher than international pricing, but 50% - 100% (got a quote yesterday on a component at this markup), is daylight robbery and I refuse to give any business to such D&D's.
Cheers,
Sid"

I too would love to see lower INR prices ! however the Triton two price seems to fit within your acceptable level of 30% over US prices (as per your earlier post as below). I agree with you 30% should be the highest level over int. prices.

@ Serum, not sure about GoldenEar, but I have recieved quotes from the same dealer with 100% markup over international pricing on some other items.
Cheers,
Sid

I have dealt with them recently and found them fairly reasonable. About 20~25% of international prices. Also they have great demo facilities and stock of most products. Heard the new Aon 2 Golden Ear speakers and they were a treat, wasnt looking for bookshelves or I would have been tempted.:)

Reviving an old thread...

Briefly heard the Triton 2 on Saturday. It was not a proper audition but I liked what I heard...the soundstage was not very wide but that mostly was due to the room setting...the bass was fast and taut. The quoted price was 2.7L...

Thinking of going for a detailed audition. Wanted to get the views from others here who have experienced them before and some owner feedback...

Actually ROC, I believe the $1500 is per speaker so US msrp per pair will be $3000. Even so using Rs.63 per $ it is approx. 190,000. So at 270,000 it is a 43% markup (and I am quite sure the dealer is not paying $3000 as his cost to buy these). So just as I was saying in my earlier posts, another one of the items from this dealer/distributor - absurdly overpriced. And BTW @soulforged, IMO you should get a minimum 15% discount on this price (2.7lac) should you decide to buy assuming the $ stays in the range of 61-63.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
hmmm...perhaps should have checked if it was for individual speaker :rolleyes:

Perhaps they are ready stock bought at a time was Rupee was not so weak...in that case hats off to the dealer/distributor for their integrity...

Third possibility is that I might have misheard the price...will check back and confirm...

Edit:

Checked the price on the speaker's website...1499 ea...that transaltes to roughly 1.9L for a pair...so there's a mark up of almost 1L!!! thats over 40%...wow! I take back point #2 above...

BTW...at this price point, should these even be in my list of probables???

Last edited:
Hi,

If you are in the market for floorstanders, there is a sale of Opus 2.2 in classified section. I think it is a great bargain if you like the presentation of these speakers. I heard them before and they are a tad warm so works better with most of the modern solid state electronics.

Goldenear speakers buying in India, I will pass, as i said before. HiFi hobby here is a bit crazy though I paid a good markup on my amp as I really wanted it back then, I would (try to) refrain from such purchases in future. Used market seems to be a bit reasonable and patience can help you get good equipment, if that is possible !!

Last edited:
No..but spoken to people who have heard it. Having heard the Sadhnas i believe if it has the same house sound it would be very well worth it ! with tube equipment it is fantastic

I have had a pair of Golden Ear Triton 2 towers for around a year and a half. Bought them after a lot of research & reading quite a few reviews. I saw a review online from someone who had just reviewed YG Tech's Carmel's & said that these Tritons do not disgrace themselves in such company. You can read this here
First Listen: GoldenEar Technology Triton Two Loudspeakers | AVguide
This review really caught my attention about the sound.SO I went to Audiovision to hear them for myself.

Yes I found that Audiovision had overpriced these (Considering their prices worldwide at the time) in India. I finally bought them through someone else who directly imported them for me.

During the break in period sound was a bit harsh. But once that was over & I got the positioning in my (audio wise horrible) room correct they really sing. Dialing in the correct sub-woofer setting took some experimenting.

My two bits about these speakers are that they are truly outstanding & I am really glad I went in for them. The sound is even over the complete audible range with no sign of strain at any point. The crossovers seem to be really smmoth. According to measurements by audio experts they can go down to 16HZ & while I have no means of verifying that they certainly meet all my bass requirements (pun not intended)

The mids are clear & integrate extremely well with the ribbon tweeter. The end result is an incredibly good sound stage with fantastic imaging.

They are easy to drive as well.
Over time I found that they are happiest driving bass heavy sound. I could dial in the in-built subs to really boom if required. I used them as the front speakers for my Home Theater setup & I can't think of a better match I have heard. (I use a Klipsch Reference Center - forgot the model number).
My personal opinion is that these are really outstanding speakers & you cannot really go wrong with them. Even with the increased prices worldwide they are (as many professional reviews will attest) performing far above their price levels.
The above referenced review was one which really caught my eye & I think my experience so far has been that the review is pretty much spot on.
Here is a complete review from Stereophile
GoldenEar Technology Triton Two loudspeaker | Stereophile.com

I have heard the Rhethm Saadhana speakers briefly- they were impressive - but I have not done any direct comparison. I think personally that the sound integration over the complete audio range may be better with the Tritons (especially in the mid to bass levels)

I am not an audiophile or any expert in this field. I am more interested in hearing good music than in developing my system. I really don't want to twiddle around much. When I sit down to listen all I want to do is listen to music.SO let me end by saying I really like the music my Triton 2s produce

Nice review !

Yes I found that Audiovision had overpriced these (Considering their prices worldwide at the time) in India. I finally bought them through someone else who directly imported them for me.

Best way to beat this mindset by dealers !

Last edited:
Has anyone bought the newly announced Triton 7.. They are more reasonably priced at $1400/pair?. A Bangalore dealer quoted 1.09L for it. Wonder what is the price in Mumbai?

Hi Guys,
The current prices with the dealer in Mumbai - Audiovision - are as follows:
1. Triton 2 Rs. 304,875/-
2. Supersat one piece center Rs 24,750/-
3. Supersat 2 - three pieces Rs. 48,375/-
Total: Rs. 378,000/.

My system is a good a a brand new and being a typical Parsee owner I have looked after them very well. The Triton 2s and center have custom covers included. I am willing to sell the entire system for Rs. One Lakh less than the dealer price.

The speakers have had outstanding reviews in virtually all the high end audio magazines and by users on various forums. I just cannot handle them with two systems in the same living room and my room looks likes stereo shop. I haveto buy smaller wall speakers so that I can manage both sets of systems in the same room.

Best wishes,

Cyrus::)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back