GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers

Not absurd if you take the current US price plus around 30 percent customs duty plus shipping charges. Plus it becomes a real deal from me because I am selling them at one Lakh less than the dealer price!

For the dealer, he does not pay duty on the mrp but on the dealer price which would be 50 to 60 % of it if not less.
But that's the problem here :(

For the dealer, he does not pay duty on the mrp but on the dealer price which would be 50 to 60 % of it if not less.

Absolutely right Arj. The price that an Indian dealer gets from an US mfr. will not be the US msrp, but significantly less (unless he is an US online only seller). So if the Indian pricing is US msrp + > 40% then definitely there is a scope to bargain.
Cheers,
Sid

I agree. Buit I lived in the US for 25 years before I moved to India in 2003 and no dealer in the US will give you 40 or 50 percent off the MSRP. If they do, they will earn nothing. At most, a dealer will give you 5 to 10 percent off the price. You can call any Golden Ear dealer in the US and try this out. So the premium of ten percent that you pay for in India is well worth the effort. Besides, you get a full warranty and coverage. That is why I purchased my Audio Research Ref 5 pre amp and Ref 150 power amp from Audivision although I paid a premium. As I said again, my system is $1 lakh off the dealer price and you cannot get the speakers to India at this price.
Cheers,
Cyrus:)

Cyrus, my comment was on high pricing by dealers here...the markup over mrp should not be at 30% for customs but around 15-20%..

I agree. All I am saying is that one cannot purchase a Golden Ear Triton 2 system from a dealer in the US, ship it to India and pay customs and get it at a price lower than what I am offering. Not even close. On top of that, if anything goes wrong with the speakers I have a warranty which would cover the speakers. I think we are comparing apples to oranges. That is why I am offering the speakers which are in mint condition and brand new for one Lakh less. If a consumer wanted to purchase these speakers in the US, he would get it for 5 or 10 percent off the MRP. He would still have to pay for shipping and have to pay customs duty on the MRP less 5 or ten percent. Cheers!

Thank you Denom. I am reconsidering whether to sell them or get a separate additional sub woofer. Due to dual systems in my room, I haveto keep moving these heavy towers and that is the only problem I have right now. Plus I would lose a Lakh of rupees on them and they sounded really good after some set up issues were resolved. :eek: thanks for the good wishes.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back