Good Centre speaker under 50k

hpdinesh

Dear Members,

I'm looking for a centre channel speaker for my HT usage in my untreated living room.

Budget: 50k
Room: 10*20ft

Currently I own Tannoy XT8F as fronts powered by Yamaha Aventage 1070. Most of them here recommend to timbre match with fronts. However it will be difficult to source Tannoy XTC at the moment.

I'm open to other brands as well, as long as it gives good experience for watching movies. Brands I have considered so far:

1. Tannoy XTC - 55k - might be available somewhere
  2. Fyne Audio F500C - 45k I guess - Fyne Audio is by ex-Tannoy designers. So it should match with my fronts.
  3. Emotiva C2 - 40k - It's different sound signature - 4 ohms - but highly recommended by friends due to ribbon tweeters.
Thanks & Regards,
Dinesh.

Hi

The center speaker and subwoofer are the most important in a HT setup......the rest are passengers who fill in when required...action / effects scene etc...

Get a good center speaker which can deliver maximum frequencies between 20hz and 20khz.....look out for brands which can provide a 2.5 way or 3 way config.

Ribbon tweeters have their own pros and cons and so does Dome and Ferro cooled tweeters....audition where possible and decide on the best one....see you tube videos to provide some idea.....

All the best

You might also audition BIC America PL28 it comes dual 8 inch drives with 6.5 inch neodymium Horn Tweeters also Q Acoustics 3090Ci which gives a crisp vocal

Hi

The center speaker and subwoofer are the most important in a HT setup......the rest are passengers who fill in when required...action / effects scene etc...

Get a good center speaker which can deliver maximum frequencies between 20hz and 20khz.....look out for brands which can provide a 2.5 way or 3 way config.

Ribbon tweeters have their own pros and cons and so does Dome and Ferro cooled tweeters....audition where possible and decide on the best one....see you tube videos to provide some idea.....

All the best
You are right about centre speaker and subwoofer for HT use. That's why I'm willing to spend as much as I can.

The issue is, centre speakers are not taken very seriously. So the availability of demo is very limited in Chennai at least. Both Tannoy and Fyne Audio are not available for demo.

You might also audition BIC America PL28 it comes dual 8 inch drives with 6.5 inch neodymium Horn Tweeters also Q Acoustics 3090Ci which gives a crisp vocal
Let me check that out as well if it's available for audition.

Cheers!!!

lts better to get center from Tannoy only as your fronts are of same make.Different center may not go perfect in 5.1 even if its more capable.

lts better to get center from Tannoy only as your fronts are of same make.Different center may not go perfect in 5.1 even if its more capable.
Even I wanted to get only Tannoy center. Since Fyne Audio was also from ex-Tannoy designers and the speaker is also almost similar with some minor upgrade. Thought it would be better and similar sound signature..

Also, no idea why Tannoy stocks are not available at most of the dealers.

Heard that Tannoy is shutting shop here. So no stocks anywhere. Wherever they have they are giving at 50% discount without warranty. Is that true?

Even I wanted to get only Tannoy center. Since Fyne Audio was also from ex-Tannoy designers and the speaker is also almost similar with some minor upgrade. Thought it would be better and similar sound signature..

Also, no idea why Tannoy stocks are not available at most of the dealers.
Contact Kripa international directly.They are listed on Tannoy website.

Heard that Tannoy is shutting shop here. So no stocks anywhere. Wherever they have they are giving at 50% discount without warranty. Is that true?
Yes they are closing operations. Try to grab 50% deal. But future warranty might be a question.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back