Good DTH Connection PLZ advise

mbaman

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, so as a start Hi every one.

Ok to the point now, I just got my Sony EX520-40'' LED tv and I like it :yahoo:. Thinking of getting a DTH HD connection :).

I haven't had any DTH connection before :sad:, so need help in selecting one. I live in Chennai.

Any word of advice people.

Last edited:
as on today videocon hd 3d ready dth is the best, fair amount of hd channels with good quality
yeah... Without surround sound!
Ignorance is bliss!

From what I understand Airtel & Tatasky are among the top, with surround. Airtel apparently has better PQ than TataSky.
If surround is of no issue, then......

I would suggest TATA Sky for both PQ and AQ also the best customer care service. No hassle what so ever. I am using it for past 3 years and recently upgraded to HD. A happy customer indeed. :yahoo:

yeah... Without surround sound!
Ignorance is bliss!

From what I understand Airtel & Tatasky are among the top, with surround. Airtel apparently has better PQ than TataSky.
If surround is of no issue, then......
I was wrong earlier...apparently D2H has 5.1.

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, so as a start Hi every one.

Ok to the point now, I just got my Sony EX520-40'' LED tv and I like it :yahoo:. Thinking of getting a DTH HD connection :).

I haven't had any DTH connection before :sad:, so need help in selecting one. I live in Chennai.

Any word of advice people.

Hi, remember all flat panel tvs.........plasmas, LED, LCD are made for HD content. So, if you are not watching HD you are not doing justice to all the technology sitting inside your tv set. You must go for HD. Having said that I would recommend Airtel. They have the highest number of true HD channels with support for 5.1 audio and a good support team.

Videocon d2h also have plently HD channels but earlier did not support 5.1 audio. I now understand they do have support for 5.1 audio.

Tata sky does not have as many HD channels as Airtel or videocon but they do support 5.1 audio and have good service.

I guess the choice is yours............I would go with Airtel but you also need to check service support in your area. Certain operators might be stronger where you live.

D2H has advantage of HD sports channels over Airtel. If PQ and AQ (airtel ,D2h users can comment) and Hardware quality are same then D2H is better.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back