good stereo setup ..budget 50k

tigerwag

hello freinds.
i am planning to buy stereo setup purely for hi resolution music.
budget 50k.
planning a integrated stereo amp and bookshelfs.
auditioned onkyo 9030 with Q acoustics 2020i in pune. sounded very good. suits to my budget also.
any other suggestions? budget can go up by 10K..listening room size will be 15*14 ft. sourse will be flacs from USB or fiio x1 media player.
pz reply fast as i want to buy it in a weeks time for some special occasion...

since your source is usb playing flacs mostly you can consider Cambridge audio azur series amps, either 351A or 651A.. for BS speakers try Dali Zensors, Kef q300, Usher S520, MA BX series, Q Acoustics 3020(new model).. it will cost anywhere between 50-70k depending on your choice of combo..
Good luck!

since your source is usb playing flacs mostly you can consider Cambridge audio azur series amps, either 351A or 651A.. for BS speakers try Dali Zensors, Kef q300, Usher S520, MA BX series, Q Acoustics 3020(new model).. it will cost anywhere between 50-70k depending on your choice of combo..
Good luck!
+1 for this.
CA 351A = 30K
QA 2020i =25K / Wharfedale 220 =20K /MA BX ~35K:)

Want it cheap then NAD 316 = 30K + PSB Alpha B1 =16K ==> 46K
------
All the best!

hello freinds.
i am planning to buy stereo setup purely for hi resolution music.
budget 50k.
planning a integrated stereo amp and bookshelfs.
auditioned onkyo 9030 with Q acoustics 2020i in pune. sounded very good. suits to my budget also.
any other suggestions? budget can go up by 10K..listening room size will be 15*14 ft. sourse will be flacs from USB or fiio x1 media player.
pz reply fast as i want to buy it in a weeks time for some special occasion...

Where in Pune did you get to audition 2020i?

@ incognito1235
Hi...thanks fr ur reply. I know what u want to say.
I am trying to ask whether CA amps are at par with other brands like Marantz nad etc...
If I would have insight about audio gears there was no reason of asking such quest.
Whenever u go to some shop , shipowners try to sell the good in which they get better margin. They confuse u rather than helping u.
I was told by one dealer that CA range is not that good when it comes to sound signature.
That's the reason I asked such questions.
Anyways thanks ....

the onkyo + q acoustics combo you heard - and you liked right ?

so go for it..if the features and sound and budget is in your range.

There are many brands and one will likely end up running in circles

budget about for a nice pair of speaker stands from magma

and you should be on your way...to enjoying the music..

there is also a subwoofer out ( if you need it later ) and a MM phono too..

make sure you do a re-audition with your discs of flacs and your source ( since its quite portable )

regards

50k might not be the right budget to buy a audiophile music system. With this budget the best would be to look for standard music systems.

Minimum budget would be approx 40k for receiver + 25k for 2 tower speakers ... around 65k.

i was told by somebody that rather than buying a cheap floorstanders buy good bookshelves in that budget. 25grands for floorstanders? is it sufficent for audiophile grade floorstanders?

tigerwag,

there is a pair of cabasse jersey floor standers speakers at that budget on the For sale section on HFV.

I understand the product is in thane.

fyi..

@ mpw
hi. thanks for the suggestion. had a look that ad.
first Time I am hearing name of cabasse.
anybody has got any idea or experience about those speakers?
which amp would be best for those speakers?

Do audition a pair of Yamaha HS-8 speakers. At 50k, I doubt if you can get better than this pair. Besides, amplifications comes along with the speakers. All you need is a small Yamaha mixer and you are set.

@ mpw
hi. thanks for the suggestion. had a look that ad.
first Time I am hearing name of cabasse.
anybody has got any idea or experience about those speakers?
which amp would be best for those speakers?

Talk to the seller. He seems to be a knowledgable person

It looks like you are in a time crunch. Nonetheless, I would strongly suggest that you listen to as many systems as you can - so you can form your own opinion. There are quite a few hifi showrooms in Pune - in Koregaon Park, DP Road, MG Road, East Street, etc.

And at the very least, please do listen to other options like Wharfedale and Quad. This thread has details of the showrooms in Pune.

http://www.hifivision.com/authorised-dealers/2178-dealers-pune.html

I remember listening to Wharfedale and Quad in Silo Media - many years back. It is in Mittal Court, opposite to Mahesh Lunch Home. Although I walked in without an appt, they were quite nice and accommodating. They also let me play my own CD. And I would strongly suggest you do the same - especially choose an album or songs you are very familiar with (instead of going for songs that are supposed to be "audiophile").

And as you rightly pointed out, the Wharfedale 9.1 and 10.1 for example sounds a lot more open and clear compared to the floorstanders - 9.5 and 10.5. The floorstanders in many of the models sound like a blanket has been thrown over the speakers. But to each his own!

I do not really know the technical problem, but a week ago I bought Cambridge - Azur 351A, and I am quite satisfied, to the price perhaps you could look at amazon
o.png

i was told by somebody that rather than buying a cheap floorstanders buy good bookshelves in that budget. 25grands for floorstanders? is it sufficent for audiophile grade floorstanders?

Tiger Sir,

Sharing from my own 5 yrs of experience , if possible dont get into this Audiophile grade terms:)

You like it and you buy it ....

Its a never ending process...

What is good for today might not good for tomorrow...

So repeating You like it and you buy it ....

CA 651A is one of its kind of budget amp. Nowhere one will get an int. amp at this price with 75wpc with good sq.

Also look for Marantz and CA's new CX Series its seems very good

On speaker front if no issue,look around for a used high end stuff BS OR FS depending upon you room size ,preferences etc.

Regards
Max

Last edited:
Back