good stereo setup ..budget 50k

Hello guys
After completing my set up and listening to many genres on it I realised that what I appreciate in music is vocals and strings...
One of my friend told me that Tube Amps are very good for vocals. But did not find any entry level tubes amps in India. What I could find is like cadence which is very expensive. Came across china Hi Fi audio store. Many models of music angels with good specs and descent price bracket are listed.
Any suggestions or experience on Chinese tube amps?
Or a Indian brand in the range of around 35k?

Hello guys
After completing my set up and listening to many genres on it I realised that what I appreciate in music is vocals and strings...
One of my friend told me that Tube Amps are very good for vocals. But did not find any entry level tubes amps in India. What I could find is like cadence which is very expensive. Came across china Hi Fi audio store. Many models of music angels with good specs and descent price bracket are listed.
Any suggestions or experience on Chinese tube amps?
Or a Indian brand in the range of around 35k?

For reasonably priced Indian tube amps, check out Lyrita Audio in Delhi. The used to have an entry level push-pull amp from what I recall. Website here: Home

Tigerwagji, going too fast :D

A well made SS amp can do vocals and strings equally good , I believe your setup is also good for vocals and string, no need to run after tube amps.Your system is hardly one month old, so give it some more time. I would suggest wait for at least six months or so. Enjoy the set up, try some room acoustics here and there, perhaps try some cables, say Mogami 2803 , VDH , Siltech.

Tube amps! You will be disappointed if you buy anything under Rs 50K. Good tube amps are prohibitively expensive!

There is a lot of talk on this forum about Lyrita SET amp ( some Rs 60K affair) but with hardly 3WPC you will need high efficiency speakers (91 db +) , means you need to upgrade for speakers too.

If at all you are so keen in upgrading, consider a mid-way solution (best of both worlds) Hybrid amp (tube at pre stage , SS/ MOSFET at power stage) , check Jolida Hybrid (1501 RC?) at Oceanic Pune. I had that(excellent) amp for sometime (before I upgraded to Cadence VA-1)

Another approach could be, wait- save and the go for tube based stand alone pre-amp + Solid state Power amp. Check with Acoustic Portrait, you might find a deal (even their Pre+ Power combo is damn good for the price) .

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back