Good US website to buy MC cartridge?

terrible

A friend of mine is flying down from New York in a couple of weeks. I am looking to buy a high end MC cartridge for SME 12A. Can you guys suggest some places that give a good deal on cartridges? All help will be greatly appreciated.

I just bought a Denon DL-300 with upgraded Shibata III stylus on boron cantilever from virausa.com. It hasn't arrived yet, but I will try to remember to let you know how it is once it arrives. The price was very good. Fingers crossed it is better than my stock DL-300.

The company has its own line of MCs as well, but they are well over my budget. They seem to have garnered a few good reviews.

If you are ready to make the leap, then go for a step up transformer (SUT) and low output moving coil (LOMC). The reduced mass at the stylus tip, due to just tiny wires attached the the cantilever in stead of heavy magnets or chunk of iron, means that there is a speed in response and an improved high frequency response that make even excellent MM show their inherent problems.

I assume you’ve a big budget, going by your gear. Consider the below. It’s more than just an excellent cart , it’s a work of art by itself.

Or this (one of Michael Fremer’s fav carts - so that’s a big deal too ).

I just bought a Denon DL-300 with upgraded Shibata III stylus on boron cantilever from virausa.com. It hasn't arrived yet, but I will try to remember to let you know how it is once it arrives. The price was very good. Fingers crossed it is better than my stock DL-300.

The company has its own line of MCs as well, but they are well over my budget. They seem to have garnered a few good reviews.

If you are ready to make the leap, then go for a step up transformer (SUT) and low output moving coil (LOMC). The reduced mass at the stylus tip, due to just tiny wires attached the the cantilever in stead of heavy magnets or chunk of iron, means that there is a speed in response and an improved high frequency response that make even excellent MM show their inherent problems.
Vira is a good source for used and refurbished cartridges.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back