got optoma hd 20 in india

Also, do not move the projector when its cooling off after shutdown. The bulb is still hot and any movement may end up blowing it.

hi manoj nice to c ur ht pictures. they r awesome
hi end setup. my frnd has a infocus in 82 pj .
with tanoy satltes . yamaha 3800 avr velodyne sub . panny blu ray .

i am keen only on using bluray disc . know fullstop to dvd s bye byee
thanks .

thx..........

hi , manoj
v.v thanks for giving me this helpful tip
i do not move the pj for at least 1 hr after shutdown.
i do complete the cooling cycle .
i lift my pj as lifting a 2 day old babby .
i will hence forth c to get it fit to wall mount .
good luck ..... byeeeee:clapping:

Congrats on your purchase of awesome HD20 PJ..

I too bought the same PJ a few weeks ago and am looking to buy a screen, pj mount and screen mount etc.. do you think they can help me with my requirement?

Could you advise what brand of screen you bought from them, screen size and price you paid for same?

Also do they usually quote a fix price or one has to negotiate with them to get a best deal.... ?

Thanks for your help in advance

Pooja electronics
Bombay central near ac market tardeo nr heera panna
shop no 8 nr film center
Mumbai 34
tel 022-23526634, 022-23511433

Last edited:
hi naren.
we r in the same boat . did u buy optoma hd 20 . from where in mumbai. what price ? did u get a better price than mine.
the price was the best when i inqrd with lot of shops , some for 80,000rs also , they give only one reason not in stock.....
u must have got the dealer details .
screen for 6,000 rs . insta lock, they tell u its impoted mat finish material. brand name not so popular suvira lite. mine is 5x7 ft. ok for home use.
hey by the way what setup u got?
optoma hd 20 is simply marvelous . its a fun of watching big cineama at home that too full hd . do get it wall mouted . i am gonna do within 2-3 days.

byeeee lots off movies masti chilll........:yahoo:

Hi Buddy,

My Brother bought the HD20 from the US and carried it to home, it cost us 950$ when dollar was around 48 so it cost us around 47K INR. But I think you have got the best deal at 60K INR in India coz I too heard it costs 65K + in Mumbai Gray market.

About my setup it contains - PSB Image series book shelf speakers and center channel, Onkyo 608 AVR, HD5570 based HTPC, Sony 40" LED TV & Optoma HD20 Projector ( No Sub yet :sad: ), PJ Screen - Yet to be decided.

I havent been able to use my PJ as I do not have a screen and the PJ too needs to be ceiling mounted. So i am mostly using it with my LED TV.

Now one quick question - did you compare your screen with any of the other screens that they had at the shop before buying? and how did it compare with others and could you tell me what brands and price of screens you could compare you screen with before making buy decision?

Also does the screen usually come with a mount? or one needs to buy it separately? or it can be hung just on a nail ? ( sorry but i do not have much idea about screens hence so many questions)

Keep enjoying your PJ :- )

Regards,
Naren

hi naren.
we r in the same boat . did u buy optoma hd 20 . from where in mumbai. what price ? did u get a better price than mine.
the price was the best when i inqrd with lot of shops , some for 80,000rs also , they give only one reason not in stock.....
u must have got the dealer details .
screen for 6,000 rs . insta lock, they tell u its impoted mat finish material. brand name not so popular suvira lite. mine is 5x7 ft. ok for home use.
hey by the way what setup u got?
optoma hd 20 is simply marvelous . its a fun of watching big cineama at home that too full hd . do get it wall mouted . i am gonna do within 2-3 days.

byeeee lots off movies masti chilll........:yahoo:

Dear Naren,
nice to c u bring pj form us.
i too have my uncle in chicago (indiana) . i was eager to bring pj from there. , but thing was i was worried about customs and damage to it. while travelling even though hand carried. so why to take a big risk.?
some forums people paid lot of money to customs . and big headache for opening bag at the airport . customs do ask for any electronic gadget carried by the passenger. .but any way i bought the pj at a very less diff
and i am happy using it. about the scrn i have taken a entry level . very good pict quality, enhanced colours. bright image. so its ok.
i did compare with da lite at the showroom . coted me 80,000 rs . thats a big money for it i dont no inr price for dlite. but eventhough not much diff betwn my scr. nice pict quality in the night time. awesome . the delear told me its imprtd mat so not to worry.
one thing is that the guy who sold me pj, suplies at all leading stores .
just getng a theater home wow...... wonder ful exp.
i have got onkyo 3400 sounds great . i have put my ht in my bedroom i can blast the room only take care of neighbours.'
why using led tv start using the pj . how can u wait ?
i still want to buy the wall mount stand may b in 2-3 days.
trying to get more blurays in discount at major stores in mumbai
lot of titles. so byee
enjoy music masti movies ............:clapping:

Hey..my suggestion...dont go for Blue ray discs...buy a media player and download content in HD thats best option...buy MP with HDMI out put...thats it plug and play dude..dont waste money on BD's.....ENJOY THE BENEFIT OF INTERNET.

Hey..my suggestion...dont go for Blue ray discs...buy a media player and download content in HD thats best option...buy MP with HDMI out put...thats it plug and play dude..dont waste money on BD's.....ENJOY THE BENEFIT OF INTERNET.
Please do not promote piracy at the least.

Lolz dude atleast try to be a little subtle... Anyway if you want to steals its fine but atleast dont tell others to steal along with you so u will feel better about urself... BTW I am in no way indicating I m "DOODH Ka Dhulha" :p :p :p...

hi, dear pj frnds.
having sum problms with celling mount. on optoma hd 20
got a universal celling mount . at 1600 rs . 1.5 feet extnd .
problm is there r total 4 places for screws . 3 small , 1 big one
can the 3 small screw hold the weight of a pj. then i am waisting the 4th arm of the mount . if i have to use 4th one then i have to place the 4th arm on 3rd one ,one on top of other does not make much diff in hieight but looks shabby.
pj manual does not explain much. 3rd and 4th hole r very close to each other
did any of our forum frnd try to fix the mount by himself.screws provided by the mount not matching the thread of pj any particular screw size where to get in mumbai .waiting for the suggestions ...

I faced the same problem, and ditched the "arms" for a plate, which was mounted to the cleinign mount, and had holes also drilled to mount the pj. It works fine.

I faced the same problem, and ditched the "arms" for a plate, which was mounted to the cleinign mount, and had holes also drilled to mount the pj. It works fine.

dear george,
u mean that u fixed a plate to the four arms of the celling mount ,
and drilled fresh holes on the plate to match the pjs hole
is that u mean?
am i right as i dont want to take a big risk of pj falling down with those small screw holes
thks for ur guidance in adv....

hi, all pj freinds.
wanted to get some info on portable pjs
i have a farm house at karjat .nr lonavla.
i go there on week ends & enjoy nature.
i have a spare room on 1st floor. of my house. room size 30x10 ft approx .
visiting this sunday i realized that this place can b suitable for a small mini theater.
few questions arised with that. ?
which projector suitable for traveling? to &fro. (portable).
any portable pj capable of handling shocks, as i may carry it on my car seat.
i want to connect ups as well voltage is genrly low in karjat .(500va) Apc
thinking of a inverter or a protable generator too.
i may keep the cables fixed. on casing strip.
thinking of a small 5.1 ht (seen panasonic)with dvd or compact Bdp system or any other suggestion .
i might carry the amp, spks, pj with me.
screen can b a painted wall. or in case i buy a entry level cheap . map type.
hows pocket pjs ? any body used them for movies.
thks .

hi, all
one query i have seen many bd movies at my place.
all gave a superb video quallity. i watched fast & furious 5 on reliance home video
the colour quality, sharpness was good but not compared to other bd movies.i played another bd - i hate luv story , singham, , body gard ,dark knight color quality was amazing.
my question is why f&f5 gave slight decline color quality ? not impresive
why is the diff ? did any of our forum frnd face this kind of prob.
not with f&f 5 with some other movies.
what could b the reason. ?
thks

Last edited:
Ceiling Mount

The guy who had installed my projector lift, knows how to install the mount too, if you want i can check with him if he can visit your home, but he will charge. Please advice.

V.

hi, dear pj frnds.
having sum problms with celling mount. on optoma hd 20
got a universal celling mount . at 1600 rs . 1.5 feet extnd .
problm is there r total 4 places for screws . 3 small , 1 big one
can the 3 small screw hold the weight of a pj. then i am waisting the 4th arm of the mount . if i have to use 4th one then i have to place the 4th arm on 3rd one ,one on top of other does not make much diff in hieight but looks shabby.
pj manual does not explain much. 3rd and 4th hole r very close to each other
did any of our forum frnd try to fix the mount by himself.screws provided by the mount not matching the thread of pj any particular screw size where to get in mumbai .waiting for the suggestions ...

thks vinay for ur kind co-ordination.
i already mounted my pj. managed to fix all 4 screws.
do u have a solution for my early post ?
thks in adv.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back