GR research mumbai speaker cabinets build

madurai1974

mumbai speaker cabinets group build interest check

guys

pls post your interest for speaker cabinet builds
kindly mention the specific speakers cabinets you would like to build as well.

Last edited:
please note the cabinet build shall not be restricted to GR research kit only so as to benifit all forum members.

please note the cabinet build shall not be restricted to GR research kit only so as to benifit all forum members.

Thanks for this initiative.

I might be interested. I am planning to buy a full-range driver soon, and will need to get cabinets made for it. Do you have any specific cabinet material in mind? Any thoughts about cabinet finish?

Best,
APK

Am interested in building a cabinet with these specs:

Box_zpsea2ef0c1.jpg

btw guys i have been asking senior forum members for help with the mumbai cabinet group build and Magma has agreed to help with the cabinet build. so please post your cabinet specs

@apk material particle board/mdf for the cab build if you have anything else in mind?
Finish options choice is left to you

Last edited:
any updates? I am looking for gr research bookshelf cabs, as well as a subwoofer cabinet for dual 12" drivers

anm, madurai
send me the pdfs on email

keith are you in on this /?
your cab size is very close to the GR so it can be done with the lot
turns out better for everyone

It all depends on the cost. If you can PM me a ballpark, it will help me decide. Thanks for keeping me in mind.

Re: mumbai speaker cabinets group build interest check

Dear all,
In Kurla area of Mumbai, there are shops which custom build the cabinets with MDF, the finishing will be your part.

Even in Irla there is a Mr Singh who builds cabinets. I will try to get his number and post. I don't have personal experience, but a friend of minr swears by him.

Re: mumbai speaker cabinets group build interest check

Suneja sound, MIG colonel, Kurla west, near Halav Pul, will PM you all his contact details, he's on vacation for 2 weeks, this info provided to me by my neighbour.

Even in Irla there is a Mr Singh who builds cabinets. I will try to get his number and post. I don't have personal experience, but a friend of minr swears by him.

No way he can satisfy an audiophile or for that matter build a cabinet for an audiophile grade speaker

I have dealt with him for many many years. Not too many times but I have
Used to love the sight of the speakers when i used to pass by the workshop when i was just out of school and for me at that GREAT sound was only BOOM BOOM

He mainly makes speakers which are used to for Ganesh pandals and similar celebrations

No way he can satisfy an audiophile or for that matter build a cabinet for an audiophile grade speaker

I have dealt with him for many many years. Not too many times but I have
Used to love the sight of the speakers when i used to pass by the workshop when i was just out of school and for me at that GREAT sound was only BOOM BOOM

He mainly makes speakers which are used to for Ganesh pandals and similar celebrations
I didn't want to say it but since you did - +1

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back