Crowdsourcing a speaker design

arj

Staff member
Dear Forum Friends,

While I do have a regular Hifi Setup have been thinking of a secondary setup for my study. The objective of this setup is easy listening, will be digital only. Amplification is a 20W Scott integrated and will not go loud volumes

Room size is 14 x 15 and placement along the short wall and with Wooden flooring

Now the main part

After having heard so much about the Saba green-cones I am getting a SABA 4" and 8" tweeter woofer pair

Saba.jpg

There are several designs available on the web but the 2 main are

1. Open Baffle as done by Lampizator
2. Reso cabinets. FM @shafic has done a beautiful Butterfly design and then there is the troelsgravesen driven cabinet as well.

Looking for suggestions on any other interesting designs example Front loaded horns etc which you might have seen ? As mentioned this is not for loud music but low easy listening !

Last edited:
Interesting choice of speakers...any background on how you came about shortlisting these..what is it known for and is it available from any specific website

I had heard of Saba before and the saw FMs @shafics build and then disussions with him. FM @prem also mentioned about how good those sound. After that it was all research on the the of speakers and @yogibear on advantages of OB

Available only on ebay and you need to evaluate its condition

FInally got the speakers done,. Put in my Office room and running with a simple Denon Amp. My Aries mini is connected to the same so this is primarily the streaming setup and my main setup is only CD+Vinyl ie serious stuff .

@sadik has done an exemplary work again in building this and shipping it in a Wooden Carton ( !!) which i am using as the make do rack in the pick..yup its a cheapskate setup an trying to use what I already have.
So drivers around 21K landed, woodwork/finishing/shipping cost around 20K so all done for 40K.

Now the Sound

Being OB and limited bottom end, the sound falls sharply from 80Hz but above that its so transparent and with wonderful imaging. Have put in an old sealed box Sub i had and it fills out well but still need to get it integrated and thats going to take long.

Do need to test this fully but very happy with what its doing for now with some jazz and vocals,.
Obligatory pics

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-28 at 10.47.03 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-28 at 10.47.03.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-28 at 10.47.02.jpeg

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back