Great Tasting Vinyl

Last edited:
The U2- Achtung Baby and Simply Red - Stars Lps have arrived!
AND
Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now (1st press in NM condition)
AND
a rare bird- The Blues Project on the Elektra label...

Finally found it!

Steely Dan's Two Against Nature! On VINYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be shipped to me soon! Awe-freaking-some!

The net is so lovely!

I am almost done as far as my 'must have' list is concerned!

Played Little Feat - Feats don't fail me now....

what a band!!!! sounds even better on vinyl!

here's my fav track from this LP...

YouTube - ‪Little Feat - Skin It Back - live 1978‬‏

Little Feat was led by George Lowell, after his split with Frank Zappa & the Mothers. A split that happened on Zappa's insistence. The story is that Zappa was incredibly impressed with George's songwriting skills and felt that he deserves his own band! He even helped him in getting his record contract....

Personally, I feel that George is one of the most underrated slide guitar players... and a master craftsman!

All their songs are very very intelligent and full of wit! Gotta have more of their LP's.... soon!

WOW! what a great day today!

i got whole lot of LP's delivered to me today from 3 different int'l sellers - all at once!

here's what got delivered:

1. Roger Waters - Amused to Death (2 LP, spanish print / ltd edn colour lps from CBS)
2. Pat Metheny Group - Off Ramp (Label: ECM)
3. Pat Metheny Group - First Circle (Label: ECM)
4. Little Feat - Time Loves A Hero (US first press)
5. Little Feat - Let it Roll (Sealed! US first press)
6. Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus (2LP/US first press)
7. Little Feat - The Last Record Album (Promo LP!)

Manav.... buddy..... instead of culling your collection, you purchased more records.
Such is the lure of vinyl :eek:hyeah: :licklips:

Ziggy is THE Bowie LP. I don't think any of his other work comes close, great as a lot of it is.

My orange RCA DynaFlex US edition is one of the great treasures in my collection.

If you ask me to rank Bowie albums, they will be

Low
Station to Station
Hunky Dory
Heroes
Ziggy

Manav.... buddy..... instead of culling your collection, you purchased more records.
Such is the lure of vinyl :eek:hyeah: :licklips:

Bro, major culling has already happened and more on the way! the thing is I need time to make a excel of the stuff that has to be put up for sale... imagine over 200 LPs to be listed/graded and priced!

If you ask me to rank Bowie albums, they will be

Low
Station to Station
Hunky Dory
Heroes
Ziggy

all good ones bro! but, for me it will always be Ziggy first, then station to station, followed by Heroes!

the funny thing is that MANY people have not really given Bowie's entire (humongous) repertoire a good listen. Some really great stuff there...

the last decade or so, I've been quite smitten by a genre known as ACID JAZZ...

two bands that i really like are Jamiroquai and The Brand New Heavies. I don't have too much of these artists on Vinyl, but an lot by them on Cd. so I decided to beef up my vinyl collection by sourcing some vinly's by them.

I got one brand new heavies album delivered last evening from the UK.

their multi-platinum "brothers & sisters".

It sounds exceptionally good on Vinyl!

here is a track from the album, originally a Maria Maldur song, that gets a groovy treatment from BNH:

‪The Brand New Heavies - Midnight At The Oasis‬‏ - YouTube

here is another fav from the same album:

‪The Brand New Heavies - Dream On Dreamer‬‏ - YouTube

the entire album is lovely!

Guys!
Diana Krall's Live In Paris is being released on 45 RPM 180G vinyl. Its a special print run limited to only 2,500 copies WORLDWIDE!

So, pre-order yours today, before it vanishes! Its a fabulous album. I've already pre-ordered mine from elusivedisc.

My copy of Steely Dan's Two Against Nature is here! It is in pristine condition and in another couple of hours I'll be home, enjoying it!

+++++++

ok, sevral hours later, I am still enjoying the aftertaste of a yummily mastered LP!

Man! This sounds waaaaaay better than the CD!

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back